Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Do I have a blown head gasket?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2022, 04:42 PM
abz10
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do I have a blown head gasket?

I had some transmission issues (slippage jerky rpm’s) took it in to get a transmission flushed and learn that my coolant was mixing with my tranny oil. Mechanic said my radiator blew. It’s about a 15 mins drive to the place getting there was no issue but on my way back my G overheated and popped up a engine light, 1 for overheating and one for torque converter which I’m assuming was due to low transmission fluid. So I slowly make my way home doing about 20kms. But what scared me was halfway to my house at over 2k rpm’s the car makes a clanking sound when driven not sure if that’s from over heating or low transmission fluid or both never heard it before. I checked the cap on the radiator after it cooled down and saw no foam just oil mixing with coolant again. Since I didn’t see the foam does that mean I’m good it’s just my radiator or is there still a chance my head gaskets blew. Losing my mind here ngl.

thanks for anyones time in advance for reading this.