Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Replaced battery, car won’t start

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2022, 08:15 PM
itsmyGirlsCar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replaced battery, car won’t start

Hey guys,

replaced the battery in the G37s this morning. It was sounding really weak over the past week and figured it was a god idea to do so. Easy enough install and removal. After that car started up as normal but the windows when I opened the fort rolled all the way down instead of the usual 2”. Then they would not roll back up unless I was in the car to do so. ( this isssue has been fixed that’s to this website. ) after that I stoped the car and went to check it again. Nothing. 1 single click, and nothing. Fuses have been checked. None blown. Then I was researching and read about the steering wheel lock being a culprit sometimes. Took the dash apart and used my ratchet to tap against it while trying to start. This time it gave me a weak turn and a half. Have tried that again but have never gotten the same result. Don’t know what happened but any help would be appreciated?
Old 04-07-2022, 10:03 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
I assume you've verified the connections on the battery?
Old 04-09-2022, 12:31 AM
Ponyryd
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
A failing starter will cause a slow crank, and eventually lead to a click like you’re having, most likely your starter was overdrawing and you mistakenly thought it was a failed battery. If it only clicks, try tapping it with a hammer and see if it starts working, if so you likely have a bad starter.