Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

EPS discontinued their pcv breather kit, heres a video I found as alternative

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2023, 11:40 AM
bread
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by BULL
The bends are there to have the vapor hit that wall and stick to it which is a design type move to help separate the oils. In reality the though the hose nipple on the VC is big the hole inside is about 1/8th in size so there is a limit to how much it can "breathe" since it actually does breath. Maybe some type of steel fibers from a wool/brush that you could jam inside of the hole will be the best you'll ever make the system.

Another possibility is to add an inline air compressor oil separator in between the hose and VC but aesthetically it will look crappy.

Using silicone for the types of hoses you use will give you the best bend without kink ratio as possible as well with a much lower chance at the hose deteriorating due to contamination from oil.
i see i see, but in all honesty, is it really going to make much a difference since ill have a can installed? or do you think I should maybe like a coupler to reduce the size of the inlet? Or just leave it as is with a straight hose going into it

also i was able to reorder 2 more, that are delivering friday compared to the 2 weeks i originally had to wait. good ol amazon logic lol. so this project will be getting done really soon and im very excited to share my results with the forum
Old 03-06-2023, 12:09 PM
BULL
Moderador

Received 735 Likes on 572 Posts
Originally Posted by bread
i see i see, but in all honesty, is it really going to make much a difference since ill have a can installed? or do you think I should maybe like a coupler to reduce the size of the inlet? Or just leave it as is with a straight hose going into it

also i was able to reorder 2 more, that are delivering friday compared to the 2 weeks i originally had to wait. good ol amazon logic lol. so this project will be getting done really soon and im very excited to share my results with the forum
I would wait until you place the barb in to plan the hose routing. You'll be fine with a plain hose however depending on the location of the barb will change the hose routing.

If it was left to me I would choose a direct path to the tube.
Old 03-10-2023, 05:36 PM
bread
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

so here it is, installing it tomorrow to see how it performs. need the RTV to cure, i couldnt tighten the nut down all the way otherwise it would warp the coupler to be more flat than round. I dont care how it looks on the outside, its how it performs and how it makes my car run. If all is successful and running good, Ill get it welded

its not perfect, but it will do for the time being till I get it welded on my pipes, as you can see the air flow will get jumbled cause of the disturbance on the inner diameter, but overall should still perform just fine. This should give me an idea how the PCV system is gonna function on 3 inch intakes with closed cans. Ill be swapping out my pcv valves to the originals in the morning, and hooking everything up. hoping for the best, and no air leaks haha