Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

EPS discontinued their pcv breather kit, heres a video I found as alternative

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 04:07 PM
bread
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
@BULL read post above, tag didnt work
Old 12-07-2022, 07:22 PM
bread
Registered Member

so @bull i came across this today

https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-pro...t-p-22585.html

i submitted a question asking if they experienced any crankcase problems, buildup of pressure etc.

tldr: theyre 3 inch intakes with the barb fitting after MAF

makes me wonder if these companies followed a trend on the 3 inch intakes with the open vented system.

You cant say AT does it to sell you his catch cans, cause it seems every solo company that makes 3 inch intakes on the vhr's dont have the fitting except Z1. interesting
Old 12-07-2022, 07:36 PM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Received 281 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by bread

i submitted a question asking if they experienced any crankcase problems, buildup of pressure etc.

makes me wonder if these companies followed a trend on the 3 inch intakes with the open vented system.

You cant say AT does it to sell you his catch cans, cause it seems every solo company that makes 3 inch intakes on the vhr's dont have the fitting except Z1. interesting
I run my 3” with barbs to run a closed loop PCV system.
I personally prefer to keep the system like stock

Old 12-07-2022, 07:41 PM
bread
Registered Member

Originally Posted by projectpanda13

what im saying though is its kinda sus that z1 can do it but no one else can. do you think i have enough room on the coupler to cut into the coupler and stick a hose in there to run it that way? Tryna prevent drilling and welding cause i dont have time or know anyone who can help. atleast with a coupler i can take it in my room and mess with it
Old 12-07-2022, 07:55 PM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts

That's a pretty cool design to avoid drilling the carbon tube or incorporate a barb into it.
In all honesty Panda's intake look really good.

In my opinion, get yourself the proper barbs for it and play around with the location. If I had the chance to do it I would choose the best location that would let me run a hose without a crazy bend.
Doing this to your intakes will feel like it'll hurt but technically it will make it hold it's value. When you think about it you already have to drop some coin on tuning on them and then you're forced to invest in a catch can?

By taking this step you're saving someone the time and money and this can be your reasoning at keeping the price close if not the same as new.

The other option is to copy Z1's approach and find a couple with a barb

How dare you post this sexyness
Old 12-07-2022, 07:58 PM
BULL
Moderador

Buy two of these and take a leap of faith on some couplers. Looking around there doesnt seem like anyone makes them. Z1 has moved into manufacturing of their own products so there will be many unique parts created by them.

Old 12-07-2022, 08:09 PM
bread
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BULL
Buy two of these and take a leap of faith on some couplers. Looking around there doesnt seem like anyone makes them. Z1 has moved into manufacturing of their own products so there will be many unique parts created by them.

like I said, I think what I'm going to do is buy some aftermarket 2 1/2 to 3 inch couplers and cut a hole in the middle and insert that barbed fitting and Apoxsee, it with 2 ton Apoxsee, to keep it from going literally absolutely anywhere, especially under a wide-open throttle since we're not welding anything there is that undying fear that the barbed fitting will suck into the motor but that's just me, but if I can prevent anything like that from ever happening, I will totally do it now nonetheless I just need to make sure I can fit everything because some 3 inch to 2 1/2 inch couplers are longer than others which limits the amount of space I have and requires a lot of shoving and tight spacing. This approach will make it so I don't have to drill into my intakes quite yet because I just don't have the availability to do that and I don't know anyone that can weld aluminum , so what I will definitely try doing is this method I can just buy everything on Amazon and see what I can do try to take some measurements and do my research to make this work as best as possible and I will report my findings when I have successfully have gotten this to work.

TLDR: have to mess around with the spacing, and were gonna try the coupler approach first, as long as everything can fit, we should be good
Old 12-07-2022, 08:28 PM
bread
Registered Member

also @BULL what size is the hose fitting for the tubing after the maf? You keep sending me a 1/2 fitting but is that correct? I think right now I have a 3/8th hose shoved in the "bigger" 5/8(if i remember) tubing. So should a 3/8th fitting be fine?
Old 12-08-2022, 11:44 AM
bread
Registered Member

@BULL

their response to the 3 inch intakes
Old 12-08-2022, 11:48 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

EPS and Admin are big on vent to atmosphere when it comes to the crankcase pressure. They feel the PCV valve isn't a benefit.

Z1 following the factory setup wouldn't change the crankcase pressure in a negative way. it keeps things simple during install.
Old 12-08-2022, 11:51 AM
bread
Registered Member

EPS and Admin are big on vent to atmosphere when it comes to the crankcase pressure. They feel the PCV valve isn't a benefit.

Z1 following the factory setup wouldn't change the crankcase pressure in a negative way. it keeps things simple during install.
like bull said they should have an option for users to keep or delete. admin said to me that it builds too much pressure lack of performance etc. So when z1 says that its okay it raises an eyebrow
Old 12-08-2022, 11:57 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

like bull said they should have an option for users to keep or delete. admin said to me that it builds too much pressure lack of performance etc. So when z1 says that its okay it raises an eyebrow
Different tuners will have slightly different experiences. Both Jon at Z1 and Moncef at Admin are great at their job, and you should go with which tuner you feel agrees with your idea.

OEM cars run a closed loop system so, its not a large negative. Down side for sure is some chances of oil in the intake track.

the user can still delete it by plugging the port.
Old 12-08-2022, 11:59 AM
bread
Registered Member

Different tuners will have slightly different experiences. Both Jon at Z1 and Moncef at Admin are great at their job, and you should go with which tuner you feel agrees with your idea.

OEM cars run a closed loop system so, its not a large negative. Down side for sure is some chances of oil in the intake track.

the user can still delete it by plugging the port.
ill be running closed loop on catch cans. with quality oil and proper intervals, you wont experience much blowby into the intakes luckily
The following users liked this post:
projectpanda13 (12-08-2022)
Old 12-08-2022, 12:00 PM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

I've got the same setup and haven't notice any oil in mine either.
Old 12-08-2022, 01:42 PM
BULL
Moderador

The issue here is personal agenda on a commercially produced product that is in the hands of a young crowd lead by the Highest and Most which leads to the "Best"

Nothing grinds my gears more than the sheer ignorance of asking the masses which product should they choose based only on the "BEST" when the client doesn't even care about the best. Just doesn't want to make a wrong move and be bullied online.

The demand for the best is satisfied simply by obtaining some data + looks + backed behind by results that only focuses "Highest/ Most" Folks simply make some average math based on these results and simply try to replicate these results.

There is no proven point venting is any better other than word of mouth + past experience with high revving decent hp making engines. This pressure has to go somewhere but it seems like the consensus is concentrated on introducing oil into the cylinder which lowers power
The following users liked this post:
bread (12-08-2022)

Quick Reply: EPS discontinued their pcv breather kit, heres a video I found as alternative