Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help P2A03 issues!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 02:56 PM
JLMinfinG37x
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P2A03 issues!

New to the site! Hoping to gain some insight/feedback from the Infiniti community.

A few weeks ago, my glorious service engine soon light came on in my 2012 G37X (about 90k miles). Took it to my mechanic, put it on a high quality diagnostic computer and found the only code that popped up was the P2A03- o2 sensor - bank 2 sensor 1. We purchased a brand new o2 sensor(from autozone), popped it in, cleared the code and code stayed off for a few days. Service engine soon light came back yesterday so we put the vehicle back on the computer today and exact same code popped up again(p2a03, bank 2 sensor 1).

We also looked at the output of the oxygen sensors on the diagnostic computer while giving it gas and noticed the newly replaced o2 sensor had a significantly lower output than the other one. My mechanic seems to think the new sensor is the issue, and we should buy one from Infiniti directly.

We ordered the new o2 sensor from Infiniti today and will install it on Monday.

I’ve seen some members discuss the possibility of this not being a faulty 02 sensor at all, but perhaps a leak in that general area.

Am I on the right track here, or wasting my time with pursuing the new Infiniti o2 sensor? Any feedback is appreciated.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:33 AM
Idan Zem
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you know what are the safe Voltage parameters for the sensors should be I tried to find a topic about it and couldn’t I’m just in the process to trying to figure out if my car is running to lean or rich and I’m tryna compare my voltages to what it should be!
Old 01-19-2021, 08:47 AM
JLMinfinG37x
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check for leaks

Idan, I highly recommend checking for exhaust leaks. My issue ended up being an exhaust leak near the o2 sensor, which lead to the service engine soon light coming on and telling me the o2 sensor was the problem. A simple $25 weld to fix the leak, then checked it on diagnostic and my levels were consistent, and now the service engine soon light has been off for months. I encourage you to CHECK FOR EXHAUST LEAKS!
Old 08-25-2021, 01:35 AM
Idan Zem
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JLMinfinG37x
Idan, I highly recommend checking for exhaust leaks. My issue ended up being an exhaust leak near the o2 sensor, which lead to the service engine soon light coming on and telling me the o2 sensor was the problem. A simple $25 weld to fix the leak, then checked it on diagnostic and my levels were consistent, and now the service engine soon light has been off for months. I encourage you to CHECK FOR EXHAUST LEAKS!

hey here once again!! Which area was you’re leak found?