Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Gallery Gasket

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 12:57 AM
Bobbybanterz
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contact info please!

Originally Posted by TheDevilsG
Just an update Now months after the work has been done: The car is running like a dream. All the power is back, She drives amazing. I couldn't be happier.

The shop did great work, amazing guys really. If anyone in toronto needs a shop to get the gallery gasket done please feel free to message me.

I had a gauge added to keep tabs on oil pressure and its been solid.

Aem oil pressure gauge wanted it discreet so in the glovebox is where she lies.

All tidy because im ocd about wiring and such. I actually dig how it looks in there lol ( a 2 dollar bracket via amazon, and some plastic tubing for a few bucks... done and done)

I’d love to know where you got that done? I’d really appreciate the info - I’m near Toronto
Old 08-24-2020, 02:52 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Received 118 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by Bobbybanterz
I’d love to know where you got that done? I’d really appreciate the info - I’m near Toronto
Hey man, i want to send you the info but your account isn't set to receive personal messages. Hit me up again once you have that sorted and I'd be happy to help you out.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:44 PM
Selym
Registered Member

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Hey man, i want to send you the info but your account isn't set to receive personal messages. Hit me up again once you have that sorted and I'd be happy to help you out.
Why not post it? There might be other folks in the GTA who could benefit.
Old 08-25-2020, 05:34 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Selym
Why not post it? There might be other folks in the GTA who could benefit.

https://whiteheadperformance.com

They are a very busy shop and always working on many cars, so be patient on receiving a reply as they get tonnes of guys bringing everything in thats nissan. From old datsun 510s, 240/280z, 300 zx, 350/g35, 370/g37, skylines, ect. Amazing shop run by good people who care and stand by the work they do.
The following users liked this post:
zippy33 (09-11-2020)
Old 08-25-2020, 05:43 PM
Bobbybanterz
Registered Member

I did a quick google of shops that specialize in VQ - I have an oil pressure test booked for tomorrow and next week (if it's the dreaded gallery gasket) they'll start repairs - water pump as well (might as well). I'm so glad I stubbled upon this post and when I saw "Toronto" in the thread I was super relieved. Thanks for the updates. I'll see what they say tomorrow. They say they get a gallery gasket job once or twice a month so I'm sure these guys are great.
Old 08-25-2020, 05:56 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Bobbybanterz
I did a quick google of shops that specialize in VQ - I have an oil pressure test booked for tomorrow and next week (if it's the dreaded gallery gasket) they'll start repairs - water pump as well (might as well). I'm so glad I stubbled upon this post and when I saw "Toronto" in the thread I was super relieved. Thanks for the updates. I'll see what they say tomorrow. They say they get a gallery gasket job once or twice a month so I'm sure these guys are great.
You are taking it to whitehead? If so, your car is in good hands. They did my gallery gasket last year and I've been doing track days this year with no problems whatsoever.

Just dont rush them, let them take their time and call you when they are done. i vouche for their work 100%. While you are there take a nice walk around outside to admire all the cool cars as well
zippy33 (09-11-2020)
Old 09-11-2020, 12:24 AM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by zippy33
Hi DevilsG.I don’t know how to private message you but would like the name of the place in Toronto that did your gallery gasket.
Mine is fine now,but with a 2009 g37x coupe that has 250,000 km’s,it’d be nice to have a place ready for if it goes.
It sounds like a place I’ve gone before,but not sure.w........d performance?
Correct, Whitehead Performance. Fantastic shop. They have done many gallery gasket jobs, and they stand by their work.
zippy33 (09-11-2020)
Old 09-28-2020, 06:19 PM
TOnG
Registered Member

Is buying an early 2012 too risky? According to a picture posted by Ryne in another thread, the gallery gasket was revised in 9/2011. There are a few 2012s for sale that were built in the first half of 2012 close to where I live. Were 2012s in production as of 9/2011 or were they still building 2011s at that time? I'd imagine buying a 2012 built in 2/2012 would be safe as I don't believe Infiniti would have 5 month old VQ37s laying around. Then again, maybe I'm wrong?
Old 09-28-2020, 06:37 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

My opinion of course but... If you find a great 2012 go for it. If it comes between a 2010 with a great history and in great shape VS a 2012 with a shady history or damage, id go with the 2010 personally lol.
i figure a gallery gasket job is cheaper than a whole paint job and once it's done, you know that its proper and set for a long time anyhow. Now that I've had it done and see that my car is solid even after many track days, i have zero regrets on my car.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:12 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

One more thing actually... if you are really worried about it, it's not unreasonable to have a car checked out before buying it.

If i was buying another G and concerned, I'd just have the seller bring it to a shop of my choosing and have them do an oil pressure test. If good, buy it on the spot. If it isn't then negotiate the price of doing a gallery gasket into the price (or walk away if you don't feel comfortable getting that job done).

This vid shows the recommended oil pressure you want at idle and 2k rpm and what engine temp should be as you do it. Have a look, Motorvate makes fantastic vids about the G. Knowledge is power, arm yourself lol
MStrike (11-09-2020)
Old 03-19-2021, 10:25 AM
minexinc
Registered Member

Just an update Now months after the work has been done: The car is running like a dream. All the power is back, She drives amazing. I couldn't be happier.

The shop did great work, amazing guys really. If anyone in toronto needs a shop to get the gallery gasket done please feel free to message me.

I had a gauge added to keep tabs on oil pressure and its been solid.

Aem oil pressure gauge wanted it discreet so in the glovebox is where she lies.

All tidy because im ocd about wiring and such. I actually dig how it looks in there lol ( a 2 dollar bracket via amazon, and some plastic tubing for a few bucks... done and done)
Hi, could you pls give me the contact detail of the mechanic who did the Gallery Gasket work on your car in Toronto. I have a 2010 g37 RWD and looks like I might to fix it. how is your car driving now? thanks.
Old 03-19-2021, 12:09 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by minexinc
Hi, could you pls give me the contact detail of the mechanic who did the Gallery Gasket work on your car in Toronto. I have a 2010 g37 RWD and looks like I might to fix it. how is your car driving now? thanks.
Hey man, Sorry to hear you are also one of the lucky ones.... The shop who did the work was https://whiteheadperformance.com/ . Emailing them is usually the preferred method of contacting them.
Really great crew over there. Great work and just a great vibe in general at that shop, they are super busy so email them and be patient. They restore old datsuns, they do turbo kits, a lot of custom work, and its a very busy shop so just dont rush them is all. They really do great work and stand behind their work, so its worth the wait.

My car has been solid since having that done. I've done quite a few track days and she is going strong, Never had a hiccup since. I had them add in an oil pressure gauge for peace of mind while they were doing the gallery gasket (honestly something to consider imo). Anyhow Goodluck man!
minexinc (03-19-2021)
Old 03-19-2021, 12:31 PM
minexinc
Registered Member

Hey man, Sorry to hear you are also one of the lucky ones.... The shop who did the work was https://whiteheadperformance.com/ . Emailing them is usually the preferred method of contacting them.
Really great crew over there. Great work and just a great vibe in general at that shop, they are super busy so email them and be patient. They restore old datsuns, they do turbo kits, a lot of custom work, and its a very busy shop so just dont rush them is all. They really do great work and stand behind their work, so its worth the wait.

My car has been solid since having that done. I've done quite a few track days and she is going strong, Never had a hiccup since. I had them add in an oil pressure gauge for peace of mind while they were doing the gallery gasket (honestly something to consider imo). Anyhow Goodluck man!
Thank you so much for the quick reply. They seem very professional i will send them email. how much did it cost you?
Old 03-19-2021, 01:30 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by minexinc
Thank you so much for the quick response. how much did it cost? thx.
No problem man. Honestly it depends on what your car needs. I had to replace a pulley, someone else might have to replace guides or water pump (depending on kms, water pump is usually considered since its internal) . I'd assume you are looking at anywhere between 1700 and 2300 ( don't quote me on those numbers as i have no clue on your mileage and engine condition)

Mike (owner of Whp) is a pretty honest dude. I asked them to change the water pump and he assured me that mine was in excellent condition and it wasn't necessary.
Ask him for a quote , drop the car off so they can check it out and ask him to update you once they know the actual cost and have seen what your car needs. Expect your car to be away for 2 weeks or so if they are really busy. Oh and bring them coffee, they like coffee! Lol

Last edited by TheDevilsG; 03-19-2021 at 06:09 PM.
minexinc (03-19-2021)