Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Gallery Gasket

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 08:34 PM
antirice
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Sorry to hear. Was the check engine light on?

For a 2010 that's pretty low mileage.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:10 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Received 118 Likes on 92 Posts
No check engine light. No codes. Slowly losing more and more power at low rpm. Checked oil pressure and got those readings.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:35 PM
Ben Green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Help VQ37 Galley Gasket Canada

Hey Guys here with my G37s,

I have to replace the Rear Timing Cover Oil Gallery Gasket on my VQ37 but running into issues with buying the parts. I live in CANADA and the few places I normally buy parts (Autopartsway, Wrenchmonkey, Napa, Ebay, Amazon) does not sell these parts.

The company is the USA called https://www.z1motorsports.com/ have every thing I need (newer ungraded metal seals and even sell them in sets) but cant find anything like that where I live.

anyone able to help me with this or had the same issue

rather not go to Infiniti / Nissan dealer $$$

Thanks
Old 11-04-2019, 06:43 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Only one company makes an aftermarket gallery gaskets. EPS.
Z1motorsports is a reseller of dealer items.
The chances of a normal auto parts store having them is zero.
Conceptzperformance sells them as well.
So order online in USA or walk into a dealer. Nissan or Infiniti.
Nissan is usually cheaper. Also do the water pump while there. If it goes bad you'll have to pull the timing cover to get to it. Might as well do all once. Also inspect guides and chain
The following users liked this post:
Ben Green (11-04-2019)
Old 01-15-2020, 06:04 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Update

Just an update Now months after the work has been done: The car is running like a dream. All the power is back, She drives amazing. I couldn't be happier.

The shop did great work, amazing guys really. If anyone in toronto needs a shop to get the gallery gasket done please feel free to message me.

I had a gauge added to keep tabs on oil pressure and its been solid.

Aem oil pressure gauge wanted it discreet so in the glovebox is where she lies.

All tidy because im ocd about wiring and such. I actually dig how it looks in there lol ( a 2 dollar bracket via amazon, and some plastic tubing for a few bucks... done and done)
The following 2 users liked this post by TheDevilsG:
Bobbybanterz (08-24-2020), PNW_IPL (01-15-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 06:10 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
That's a good feeling, that your car is running right.

So parts, labor, water pump, etc., how did it all add up?
Old 01-15-2020, 06:28 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

I paid around 2100 Canadian for the parts and work to get her back to healthy status. Cant complain at all considering how labour intensive that job is.
Bobbybanterz (08-24-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 06:30 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

I also recently treated myself to a stillen oil cooler to take advantage of a black Friday sale at stillen 😁.
PNW_IPL (01-15-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 06:37 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDevilsG
I paid around 2100 Canadian for the parts and work to get her back to healthy status. Cant complain at all considering how labour intensive that job is.
Thanks. That seems about right.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:41 PM
G37xRoss
Registered Member

Just an update Now months after the work has been done: The car is running like a dream. All the power is back, She drives amazing. I couldn't be happier.

The shop did great work, amazing guys really. If anyone in toronto needs a shop to get the gallery gasket done please feel free to message me.

All tidy because im ocd about wiring and such. I actually dig how it looks in there lol ( a 2 dollar bracket via amazon, and some plastic tubing for a few bucks... done and done)
what did you order so you could get it to fit perfectly in your glove box? I want the same set up it looks very clean. Any links you could provide?
Old 06-17-2020, 04:23 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G37xRoss
what did you order so you could get it to fit perfectly in your glove box? I want the same set up it looks very clean. Any links you could provide?
Sure no problem man. Here you go! (Link wasn't working but here is a pic)

Just use two small screws (i think it came with them) to mount it to the bottom of your glove box. I did place two nuts so the screws wouldn't go too deep into the glove box)

Get some black wire loom to feed the two wires of your gauge into it. I mounted pretty far left and tilted towards me so it doesn't take up much space in my glovebox and its easy to see from drivers seat.

cut the wire loom there because higher and it will get caught when closing the glovebox. You won't see that from drivers seat or passenger seat, Don't worry ( i opened glovebox really wide to take a pic for you) . Glovebox opens fine no rubbing or clipping or anything.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:23 PM
G37xRoss
Registered Member

Sure no problem man. Here you go! (Link wasn't working but here is a pic)

Just use two small screws (i think it came with them) to mount it to the bottom of your glove box. I did place two nuts so the screws wouldn't go too deep into the glove box)

Get some black wire loom to feed the two wires of your gauge into it. I mounted pretty far left and tilted towards me so it doesn't take up much space in my glovebox and its easy to see from drivers seat.

cut the wire loom there because higher and it will get caught when closing the glovebox. You won't see that from drivers seat or passenger seat, Don't worry ( i opened glovebox really wide to take a pic for you) . Glovebox opens fine no rubbing or clipping or anything.
hey man thanks a million! Do you know the gauge of the wire in case I need to extend it? 16 or 18?
Old 06-17-2020, 06:46 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

I don't remember and im not near the car now, i want to say 18 but i am guessing man lol
Old 06-17-2020, 09:13 PM
GofToronto
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey @TheDevilsG could you please provide the name and contact info of the shop you have mentioned. I am in Toronto/ Missisauga. My CSC just died and while the car is down might as well get the gallery gas-kit and water pump done as well. Would appreciate if we could connect directly.

Old 06-17-2020, 09:53 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Info Sent via message. Goodluck man.

Quick Reply: Gallery Gasket