Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Strange Rattling Frontend? Won’t Start Now

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 02:21 PM
Riki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange Rattling Frontend? Won’t Start Now

2011 G37s Coupe
RWD
6MT
~67,000 miles
2nd owner, purchased with 24k miles, owned for 4+ yrs

Engine Mods (on car for ~2 yrs):
Stillen Gen 3 cai
F.I. Long tube headers
F.I. 18” catback
Uprev tune (done at Z1)

Story-

I drove to work this morning and noticed what sounded like a clicking noise coming from the front end/ engine bay on low acceleration. Neutral = no sound, decelerating = no sound, heavy acceleration = no sound.

Left work and no noise for a bit. Driving home and while on highway noticed clicking again, which then turned in to a rattling sound coming from the front of the car. Same condition where neutral = no sound. It started to be a little present on deceleration.

Trying to get home, car shuttered a little bit leaving from a light. Almost home noise got louder. I pulled up in front of my house and left it running to hurry up and pull my other car out of the driveway (one car wide driveway). Went to pull the g up the driveway and it shut off on it’s own as I started to go up slight incline of the driveway.

Tried to turn on once, no go. Second try, had difficulty but started so I pulled in quickly and shut it off. Popped the hood. Nothing looked out of place. No smells. Accessory belt still there, didn’t look damaged in anyway. Tried to turn it on to see if I could locate area of noise but it didn’t want to start. I didn’t want to keep trying it at the time so I’m here trying to find any similar cases.

Did not have any noticeable issues prior to today.

No check engine light, or any indicator lights.

Any ideas?
Old 08-01-2019, 05:12 PM
Black_Vegas
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Check your fuel pressure at the rail. Should be a bleeder screw you can attach a gauge to.