Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

G37x 7at rpms stay for a second then lower when revving in park

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 12:32 AM
justinc7100

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G37x 7at rpms stay for a second then lower when revving in park

(09 g37x 127k) Searched around everywhere and could not find anything. Today while I was driving home I heard this sort of metal vibration/grinding. I noticed the tip of the break dust shield was tapping the rotor so I bent it back and drove the car around and the vibration seems to have gone away. I went and revved the engine in park to see any irregularities. I only did this twice as I had to go catch a train but I barley revved it, maybe to around 1500ish rpms and noticed both times the rpms would stay there as if i had my foot on the gas still and then they would lower after about maybe a second or a little longer. The engine was revving when this happened.

No vibrations or anything else out of the norm. I think this may have happened a few years ago but I never rev the engine in park so I have no idea. I did not try it in neutral or try past 1500 rpms in fear of the rpms getting stuck. Any input? Could dirty throttle bodies be the culprit? I notice sometimes in idle while in drive my rpms will be a little under 600 and whenever this happens, the idle is rougher then normal. If I put it into neutral the rpms go back and the rough idle is gone. Any input would be great. I appreciate it considering this wall of text. I have been having a lot of anxiety about the transmission going soon. I have had all the updates.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:26 PM
Джон
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Mine does this too. In park I think it's the Computer controlling the engine that makes it behave this way I think that's just how the car is