Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

P0021 code not going away shaking like crazy

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 07:25 PM
leo.u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can take the oil pan off but i have no time i work at a restaurant every day 9am-11pm the sensors werent too bad just covered in black oil. Im going to try not to mess with it too much, ill just change the oil every 3000 ill check for sludge next time. I did check in the oil fill cap and everything looked clean.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:35 AM
Victory
Registered Member

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by leo.u
I can take the oil pan off but i have no time i work at a restaurant every day 9am-11pm the sensors werent too bad just covered in black oil. Im going to try not to mess with it too much, ill just change the oil every 3000 ill check for sludge next time. I did check in the oil fill cap and everything looked clean.
Doesn't sound like a sludge problem. Keep an eye on the codes and see if the issue comes back. If p0524 comes up, its definitely the gasket. If you throw another code for the timing solenoid, you could try a bottle of something like rislone to see if it frees up something sticky over the course of a short oil change interval, but more than likely you'll just end up replacing the part.