Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Heater hose replacement: Cost? Coupler fix?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 01:08 AM
bobbygamer
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Replace coupler that broke on op!

Yeah I didn't replace that coupler and it broke on me tonight happened while I was parked limped to a parking lot next O'Reilly screw the Nissan part I'm getting a metal one
Old 11-29-2022, 03:17 AM
djsunny510
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m having same issue.

Hi everyone,

i just read this post from few years back and I see people still respond to it and I’m hoping you guy will help me too.

Car :- 2012 infinity G37

So I have the same issue where my pipe spilt in 2 whee the middle piece was broken. My house was 12 miles away when this happened so To get home I keep putting water i until it leaks and I can drive 3-4 miles after filling. I would watch the heat needle inside the car if it gets to 70% I will stop few few min to let it cool and fill the water again and did this 2-3 times and I was home. I’m not car guy so I asked friend and dad they both thought it was radiator hose since it was dark couldn’t tell so we try figuring it out in day light and I filled the water again after 70% it starts to leak not before but then I saw water leaking underneath and saw 5-7 min car was heated again saw where the smoke was coming from and it was from heater hose as shown in the picture so my help made this metal piece from the pipe that fit exactly in the both hose and we put clamps to tight it back issue solved but I noticed after 10 min warming up needle goes 40% and stays there but the radiator cap which is medal kind when I touch it it’s burning hot 🥵. Is that normal ? I tried turning my dads car and touched it was cold and wasn’t heated much. Since there was leak in there I think there wouldn’t be any coolant so I got 2 1 gallon coolant which I will fill tomorrow and see if that help. Do you guys know what is the cause or maybe any help or tips if you guys want to throw in there before or after I should do?

Originally Posted by tite_tite
Replacement tips:

Before coolant draining, make sure you can remove clips from hose. The one to Engine is most difficult to get to. Remove engine cover & battery cover. Battery remove is not needed.

See tools from above post. The angle one go to hose clamp to engine. Position from passenger side gives best angle. The straight plier go to body hose clamp.

Once clamps can be remove, drain coolant. Do NOT remove hose until coolant is drained. See DIY for coolant drain. Connect all hose & connector to 1 piece be.fore installing. Put hose & clamp on engine first before one going to body.

Fill coolant & bleed. Hope no more leaks or missing coolant. GL
Old 11-29-2022, 10:11 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,332 Likes on 1,079 Posts
Rule #1, NEVER touch OR open a radiator cap when the engine is HOT. You WILL seriously burn your hand or potentially injure yourself and others. As the engine warms up and the coolant gets hot, the cap will get hot as well. This is normal.

Make sure you add coolant to replace what was lost when the connector broke plus any spillage from the repair.

There is likely air in the system which you will have to make sure is removed from the system (see this DIY thread).

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 11-29-2022 at 10:19 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ILM-NC G37S:
djsunny510 (11-30-2022), The Pope (11-30-2022)
Old 11-30-2022, 01:03 PM
djsunny510
Registered Member

Hello Everyone,

I just want to thank you everyone of you Becky did it. I’m not a car guy at all but with all your guys help I felt like I’m car technician and did everything By my self. Thank you guys so much 🙏

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
Rule #1, NEVER touch OR open a radiator cap when the engine is HOT. You WILL seriously burn your hand or potentially injure yourself and others. As the engine warms up and the coolant gets hot, the cap will get hot as well. This is normal.

Make sure you add coolant to replace what was lost when the connector broke plus any spillage from the repair.

There is likely air in the system which you will have to make sure is removed from the system (see this DIY thread).
Old 12-08-2022, 08:43 PM
djsunny510
Registered Member

Originally Posted by djsunny510
Hello Everyone,

I just want to thank you everyone of you Becky did it. I’m not a car guy at all but with all your guys help I felt like I’m car technician and did everything By my self. Thank you guys so much 🙏

Hello everyone. I came up to new issue after changing everything as described. Now when I start the car radiator metal cap is too hot 🥵 after 10 min of starting the car. I been driving 10 miles radius with risk. Can you guys tell what cloud be the cause?
Old 12-09-2022, 08:47 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 282 Likes on 236 Posts
What does the temperature guage in the car read? Radiator caps get hot, so this is not a red flag unless your temperature guage is posting an abnormal reading. With these cars, if you eliminate leaks and take the time to remove all air with a "Spill Free" funnel, then the coolant systems are fairly bulletproof.