Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

for those with urethane diff bushings

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 05:46 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonesmeister11
I used this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZZA1bGpa9I

Here are the instructions, however these are for a 350z. I do not have any vibrations and I did the DIY. Their site might be havng server issues, it's really slow right now. But trust me, it will load.

http://imageapi.partsdb.com.au/api/I...a5CGG1bMXJs%3D
This guys videos are really good, (hes working on a 370z) I used one for the rear lower strut bushing. The "tool" to pull the rear bushing hes using is most similar to the one I rigged.

I note a couple of things:

1) I cant emphasize enough that there's a huge difference in clearance between coupes/350z/370z in these vids vs the g sedan

2) looks like hes got the front bushing in the whiteline instructions position

keeping those things in mind its an excellent resource, I wish he had made it when I did mine

Last edited by Baadnewsburr; 04-25-2017 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:19 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Hashim
This guys videos are really good, (hes working on a 370z) I used one for the rear lower strut bushing. The "tool" to pull the rear bushing hes using is most similar to the one I rigged.

I note a couple of things:

1) I cant emphasize enough that there's a huge difference in clearance between coupes/350z/370z in these vids vs the g sedan

2) looks like hes got the front bushing in the whiteline instructions position

keeping those things in mind its an excellent resource, I wish he had made it when I did mine
Ah, well I'm a coupe so that explains that.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:36 AM
nogoer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Although KDT-911, the package and the instructions are specifically marked for the 350Z. So yeah, that's kind of weird. Been almost a whole decade, LOL.
At some point whiteline has got to have heard us G guys are using the bushings. You would think they could do some testing and basically sell a "new" part for the G just by updating the instruction manual.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:05 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

^^^
agreed
Old 04-27-2017, 08:30 AM
4doorfury

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
Why would they spend the time and money checking it out when the platform is basically done and we already found a way to use the old parts on the newer body? Would be a waste from a business standpoint.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:30 AM
nogoer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 4doorfury
Why would they spend the time and money checking it out when the platform is basically done and we already found a way to use the old parts on the newer body? Would be a waste from a business standpoint.
Because from a business standpoint the part obviously works for other applications. However from a legal standpoint it's not marketed as such so confirming it works so they can change the instructions and market it as such covers that liability.

Yes they can just leave it as and let us do what we want while they are absolved of all liability, but im sure there are some people who avoid buying the part because it's not stated as fitting anything but the 350z and they may not know it actually works. Or maybe shops who refuse to install it on anything but the 350z so they avoid liability.

And the G37 isnt a "newer body" than the 350z. Sure they share soem similarities but it really is not the same car. Even just for the fact the larger engine puts more stress on the driveline and maybe these bushings aren't meant to handle the load.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:54 AM
4doorfury

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
I would seriously find it hard to believe these bushings can't handle a slight increase in power. I mean think of all the bolt on 350s making fairly close to the same power as us. The 3.7 isn't leaps and bounds better than the older 3.5...It's a pretty even platform in regards to power output.

And you kind of supported my argument as far as from a business standpoint. I am sure plenty of these sell and I am also sure that white line has moved on to new projects. Revisiting an old project and redoing R and D costs money. They probably make plenty from this $100 part to not really care about "certifying" it in regards to marketing a secondary platform. Honestly, they probably could market it for the 3.7 and not even face any liability. It's for "off-road use only"...Those magical words keep all companies free of lawsuits. Either way, we know it works, who cares, buy them and install them lol. Cheers mate!
Old 05-03-2017, 01:51 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Just to confirm and for the edification of others who may look for this elusive answer in the future :P ....I looked at my bushings and mine are thick on top shallow on bottom with no vibration.
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (05-03-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 01:56 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,643 Likes on 3,474 Posts
Originally Posted by Hashim
Just to confirm and for the edification of others who may look for this elusive answer in the future :P ....I looked at my bushings and mine are thick on top shallow on bottom with no vibration.
Thanks for that, Hashim. I went over these instructions with my mechanic this morning. It still felt awkward insisting he do something opposite written requirements, so I appreciate the confirmation.