Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

AWD Motor Mount DIY?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 03:45 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 320 Likes on 277 Posts
AWD Motor Mount DIY?

I was wondering if anyone has a link to a motor mount replacement DIY or can provide the page/section number of the FSM for changing the motor mounts on a G37x sedan.

I have been doing searches of the past few days on multiple sites and the only DIY's I could find were for the 350z or old g35 and people keep saying look at the FSM. Well I looked at the FSM for the AWD and cant find the pages where this is covered.

I'm trying to find this info specifically for the AWD because if you've ever replaced motor mounts you know access can be a big issue and is very specific to each version of the car.

Any help is appreciated including tips on doing the work if you've done this on the G yourself.

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section (feel free to move it mods),
Old 01-20-2019, 09:21 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
Did you ever figure it out? Did you swap in z1 motor mounts? I wanted to add that z1 motor mounts fit the awd. I have them on my x sedan.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:11 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 320 Likes on 277 Posts
well...I bough some cheap aftermarket mounts and kept getting too busy to install them till this past fall when I was changing a front CV axle and was disassembling a bunch of front end bits on the car and I thought I'd give it a shot....I thought I could pull the airboxes and some plastic covers in the wheel wells and lift the engine a few inches...maybe have to bend some coolant lines and use crows foot wrenches and woble extensions...

...turns out on the awd you have to pull the entire LCA at least on the drivers side...the lower mount bolt is completely obstructed by it (on the passenger side its not as bad and maybe even doable without pulling the LCA).....this is a pain because the LCAs on the AWD are obstructed much more than the RWD cars and require a bunch of disassembly to get to...I changed the LCAs a few years ago and it wasn't too bad, just more involved than the RWD DIY on here...

anyways, TLDR, I haven't had time to do the kind of disassembly required and the mounts I bought are still sitting in my garage...I was hoping to give it a shot this year when the weather is a bit better though so if you do go about it please post some pictures and a DIY and any tips, I'll try to do the same if I get to it before you