Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Squeaking noise while accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 02:55 PM
hockeyzbh

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Squeaking noise while accelerating

Hey all,

So recently when I start up the car there is a loud squeaking noise coming from the engine. As the car warms up the squeaking noise only happens when I accelerate. When I opened up the hood it seemed to be coming from the belt. Is this a common problem? Is this meant to be replaced around 60k miles? I never had it serviced by infiniti around that mileage. I have an 09 g37x coupe with r2c intake and ark exhaust if that makes any difference. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-20-2016, 04:11 PM
hurleyguys

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
ya sounds like you need to have your belts checked and or replaced. If the belts are good it could be one of the pully bearings that are going bad. If you are handy with tools it is easy to replace. but the first sign your belts need replacing is if they are cracking.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:16 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
How often does the belt need to be replaced? Mine was done at 158k, which is when I bought it.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:44 PM
hurleyguys

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
really depends. i live in socal, which has some hot weather and the rubber of the belts can dry out quick.
but first visually inspect your belts to see if they are cracking. If they are replace them. If not then take it into a shop and have them look it over. might be a pulley bearing.