Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Jerking, shutting off, and p010b

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 03:28 PM
Onjai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jerking, shutting off, and p010b

Hello, I have a 09 G37S coupe.

I can't really seem to find an answer while searching on google, so hopefully I can get some help here. After about 5 minutes of driving on any highway the car just starts to jerk and go into this limp mode. It'll jerk whenever it shifts, it wont speed up when I try to accelerate after it hit certain revs, it'll randomly shut off at a stop, or if not that, it'll rev up every now and then when its idling. Also, this code p010b keeps popping up on the obdII.

I thought it was my mass air flow sensor, so I got it changed. and also got new air filters, but this problem persists. I have to put the car into manual and keep it going at a steady pace without shifting or revving too high or low for it to stay stable.

It wont do any of this stuff when the car starts back up the next day, or while city driving, only on highways if I've been driving it after a certain period of time.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:01 PM
NNNIICC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am actually having basically the same issue with my 09' G37x Sedan...
Cleaned and replaced both my filter and MAF sensors. Had my connections tested and those were deemed fine as well.

I can also drive in the city pretty flawlessly but once I hit highway driving or speeds around 45-55+ the troubles will begin.

If i clean my MAF sensors the problem will go away for a brief time.
Problem only persists in the winter weather.