Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

G37 Rough Idle Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 09:31 PM
venmichaels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 Rough Idle Need help!

Hello All,
Ive been having this weird issue with my 09 g37 coupe with 125k miles.
The motor always has this weird stutter and shaky idle. It just feels like the engine is missing or something.. I figured it was probably time to change the plugs and clean throttle body/ maf sensor. I went to a reputable nissan indie shop who is extremely knowledgeable about VQ motors. They agreed that changing the plugs and cleaning the throttle should fix the issue... Well I just got the car back today, and its exactly the same.. Engine still has that weird miss feeling.. and idles weird.

What else do you guys think it could be?? Im going to call the shop tomorrow and let them know about it.. they said the would charge me another diagnostic fee to figure out what it is...

I just want it to idle correctly.. Its been doing this since I bought the car 3 weeks ago. Motor pulls very nice, no issues with performance at all.

Please help!
Old 08-19-2016, 08:26 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by venmichaels
Hello All,
The motor always has this weird stutter and shaky idle. . Its been doing this since I bought the car 3 weeks ago. Motor pulls very nice, no issues with performance at all.

Please help!
Why didn't you have the vehicle inspected by an Infiniti dealer prior to purchase and have the cost of any defects or issues deducted from the purchase price? At least the dealer diagnosis fee would have uncovered all existing defects.

I went to a reputable nissan indie shop who is extremely knowledgeable about VQ motors. They agreed that changing the plugs and cleaning the throttle should fix the issue... Well I just got the car back today, and its exactly the same.. Engine still has that weird miss feeling.. and idles weird.

What else do you guys think it could be?? Im going to call the shop tomorrow and let them know about it.. they said the would charge me another diagnostic fee to figure out what it is...

I just want it to idle correctly.. Its been doing this since I bought the car 3 weeks ago. Motor pulls very nice, no issues with performance at all.

Please help!
I guess the shop that you chose is not that knowledgeable?
If you paid by credit card request a charge back and go to an Infiniti dealer for a correct diagnosis.

Buying cheap very often results in buying twice

Telcoman
Old 08-19-2016, 08:29 AM
venmichaels

I didn't buy the car from Infiniti. I bought it from a little used car shop. Car is sold as is.. Car fax was clean, and I can see that the car was services regularly for oil changes and Infiniti dealership.. Car is super clean and drove very well on the test drive.. It just developed this weird issue a week or so ago.. And has progressively gotten worse..
Old 08-19-2016, 09:07 AM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
I would try resetting the ECU now, its free and easy so why not. Maybe try getting gas at a different station next too. Its either ignition or fuel related.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:47 AM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
Clean maf sensors
Old 08-22-2016, 09:55 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
I had slightly rough idle on my 08.

It went away after I cleaned the throttle-bodies, MAF sensors, and reset the ECU.
Old 11-21-2023, 08:34 PM
isaiahg37
Registered Member

Hello All,
The motor always has this weird stutter and shaky idle. It just feels like the engine is missing or something.. I figured it was probably time to change the plugs and clean throttle body/ maf sensor. I went to a reputable nissan indie shop who is extremely knowledgeable about VQ motors. They agreed that changing the plugs and cleaning the throttle should fix the issue... Well I just got the car back today, and its exactly the same.. Engine still has that weird miss feeling.. and idles weird.

Please help!

7 years later but you figure it out?
Old 12-29-2023, 01:11 PM
ThatBlackG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by isaiahg37
7 years later but you figure it out?
I'm also interested in finding out if it was ever resolved? What was your@isaiahg37 ? Mine idles like it's breathing