Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

2011 G37 Sedan Overheating Idle

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 12:07 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Wow, so sorry to hear of all the BS you've been through. Keep us posted after the coolant is fully air-free.
FWIW, I posted a while ago about mine getting up to 124 degrees in the cab readout, and climbed a bit over the halfway point on the meter. I since did a drain & fill of the coolant and have since driven without the gauge getting over the halfway point, and we're going through Phoenix and Vegas right now and it's been around 110 degrees out and up to 118 in the cabin readout.

Sure hope you get this ironed out Riccio, don't want to see you bolting on us
Old 08-17-2016, 09:27 AM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Wow, so sorry to hear of all the BS you've been through. Keep us posted after the coolant is fully air-free.
FWIW, I posted a while ago about mine getting up to 124 degrees in the cab readout, and climbed a bit over the halfway point on the meter. I since did a drain & fill of the coolant and have since driven without the gauge getting over the halfway point, and we're going through Phoenix and Vegas right now and it's been around 110 degrees out and up to 118 in the cabin readout.

Sure hope you get this ironed out Riccio, don't want to see you bolting on us
Thank you I will definitely be updating the thread if it continues and I really hope it stays normal I really like this car and don't even want to sell it so I'll hope for the best.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:35 PM
sicKzofivE
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Ricio1991
Thank you I will definitely be updating the thread if it continues and I really hope it stays normal I really like this car and don't even want to sell it so I'll hope for the best.
Ricio, have you checked your fans to make sure they're working correctly ?

I had similar problems in my wifes tsx and found out the ac fan was bad.

The car would run fine with only the radiator fan working even with the ac on but once the weather got near 90+ the engine temp would rise to half or even 3/4.

After i swapped the fan out there was no problem anymore.

You can try running your ac at idle full blast and check your fans to see if both are turning on like theyre supposed to.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:28 AM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Originally Posted by sicKzofivE
Ricio, have you checked your fans to make sure they're working correctly ?

I had similar problems in my wifes tsx and found out the ac fan was bad.

The car would run fine with only the radiator fan working even with the ac on but once the weather got near 90+ the engine temp would rise to half or even 3/4.

After i swapped the fan out there was no problem anymore.

You can try running your ac at idle full blast and check your fans to see if both are turning on like theyre supposed to.
Yeah I'm sure the fans are working, today the temp went to half but not any more I don't trust the car any more if it continues I'm going to move on unfortunately
Old 08-23-2016, 07:35 AM
PDattaTV
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey did the problem reoccur after removing the bubble?
Old 08-23-2016, 02:40 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Originally Posted by PDattaTV
Hey did the problem reoccur after removing the bubble?
So basically my needle after along time in hot traffic went up to half and then went back down so it has been pretty consistent and went to half once. I'm still keeping an eye on it
Old 08-23-2016, 03:04 PM
PDattaTV
Registered Member

going to half is pretty normal
Old 10-17-2016, 05:23 PM
TKWILLSON

I'm having the same problem with a G37 2008 WITH 154000 miles---OBT Read 113 degrees with the gauge reading halfway up .Had the radiator flushed 2000 miles ago. Fan and sensor working OK?
Old 10-17-2016, 07:11 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TKWILLSON
I'm having the same problem with a G37 2008 WITH 154000 miles---OBT Read 113 degrees with the gauge reading halfway up .Had the radiator flushed 2000 miles ago. Fan and sensor working OK?
Everything was working fine
Old 11-25-2016, 08:00 AM
Uncharted931

Hey i was looking for this thread everywhere finally found it. So basically im having the same issue the coolant temp wont be high unless im idling for at least 4-5 min. can any of u guys update us on what worked for them? Cause from I understood is that the engine change wasnt needed right?
Old 11-25-2016, 08:38 AM
prov33n

Originally Posted by Uncharted931
Hey i was looking for this thread everywhere finally found it. So basically im having the same issue the coolant temp wont be high unless im idling for at least 4-5 min. can any of u guys update us on what worked for them? Cause from I understood is that the engine change wasnt needed right?
Hi.. It depends. What are your car stats? What year and model? How many miles on the odo?
Old 11-25-2016, 10:36 AM
Uncharted931

Originally Posted by prov33n
Hi.. It depends. What are your car stats? What year and model? How many miles on the odo?
G37x ,57500 miles, car was perfect up until 2 days ago when i saw the coolant temp high,
Old 11-25-2016, 04:00 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Uncharted931
I don't know I mean the reason they changed it was because after so many times trying to fix it problems still persisted so they replaced it and once I got the new engine it only did it once but it just was not burped properly. It was such a long repair process and a unknown cause. They decided to replace the engine after they did the head gaskets and still overheated
Old 08-22-2018, 06:08 PM
fengyink

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
A few things to check
1. Is the heat sink fan running, because it happens at idling, that's likely the case.
2. Coolant level low - my case? Time for a drain and refill - send it out, $80 at Sunnyvale, CA - definitely worth sending out.
3. Lubrication - oil degraded / level low?

If non of above, head to dealer, Nissan is a little more economic.

Originally Posted by Ricio1991
Hello all so I been having an issue when idling for long period of time on 110 degrees and plus weather when either waiting for a long period of time while the ac on and engine idling. Te temperature has gotten up to 3/4 but not to the like before H which is shown below. I took it to Infiniti last week and they replaced the thermostat and stated that was causing the issue so now this week happened again yesterday so I took it back this morning and they explained they could not replicate the issue and that there was nothing they can do. They tried keeping it on idle and stop and go test drive and nothing. What would you suggest to do at this time just wait until it gets worse or any other opinions? Once I start driving the temperature goes down I told them to check the fans and everything else. Planning on doing a coolant flush this week but I don't think that is my problem
Old 08-23-2018, 01:23 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
On a slightly different note, I am planning on having a radiator service. Should I get a flush or drain and fill. A friend of mine says drain and fill.

What do you say?

Quick Reply: 2011 G37 Sedan Overheating Idle