Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

09 g37s coupe clutch problems *HELP*

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 08:36 PM
Juju0817

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 g37s coupe clutch problems *HELP*

Hi I have a 09 g37s coupe 6spd with only 40k on it and my second clutch started slipping if I step on the gas heavy it revs high then drops and grabs, my clutch pedal is really high now, the first clutch was Oem and went with only 20k on it and this only the same, I replaced the Oem one with a stage 2 competition clutch kit and lightweight flywheel, a new master cylinder and the Zspeed racing slave cylinder the next day the throw out bearing started making noise and left it as is but now it's slipping any help on what it can be and what I should do? ik I'm going to get the maybe you can't drive stick comments but I drive fine and sometimes aggressive but not on a daily basis and it's a racing setup so should be ok it really need help
Old 02-13-2016, 10:57 PM
StreetShotz

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
20k on an OE clutch means you cant drive stick. An OE clutch will last more than 100k even if you drive aggressive.
Dems the facts.
The following users liked this post:
telcoman (02-14-2016)
Old 02-14-2016, 12:36 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Something is missing. I counted four commas, zero periods, and one question mark.
The following 3 users liked this post by JSolo:
LexiG37 (02-14-2016), Presto (02-15-2016), xnick101 (02-14-2016)
Old 02-14-2016, 03:09 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by StreetShotz
20k on an OE clutch means you cant drive stick. An OE clutch will last more than 100k even if you drive aggressive.
Dems the facts.
Agreed!

The OP as well as many others are unable to properly drive a stick shift

My previous 06 G35 6 speed had 171796 miles on it when I traded it in with the original clutch. I got 200k on my 88 Mazda 929 5 speed before it needed a clutch and 200k on a 1980 VW Rabbit Diesel before that vehicle needed a clutch.

The OEM clutch and flywheel are excellent and well engineered.

I've been driving stick shifts for over 40 years and my first stick shift was a 1940 Pontiac 4 door sedan with a three speed on the column.
It came with a 6V AM radio that had a vibrator to chop the 6V to AC for the tube plate voltage and also had a heater.
The dimmer switch was on the floor to the left of the clutch pedal.
Anyone else remember the good old days when American's made decent cars?

Those going aftermarket are just asking for problems.

Telcoman
Old 02-14-2016, 05:39 PM
Juju0817

for you info buddy the first clutch went because the master cylinder went bad and the stealership kept telling me it's just air or fluid needing to be changed when I mentioned the master all three times and they said no not that and that its just overheating so they put "GTR fluid" even tho I told them I smell clutch burning and next thing you know my warranty is up and they tell me I need a new clutch and pressure plate and thanks for the help, and it's not my first stick car so I'm positive I can drive but thanks for the comments I got a real laugh out of it��insert sarcasm here
Old 02-14-2016, 05:43 PM
StreetShotz

You got 20k out of an OE with an issue, ok fair enough.
Now you have 20k out of an aftermarket one.....so whats the reason for that other than the inability to drive a manual transmission car properly?NO one else is having these issues with these cars so.....
Old 02-14-2016, 06:02 PM
Juju0817

I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you guys about if I can drive MY CAR or not I never said I was a professional race car driver DID I? I know I drive my car just fine so back off ****s , if you can help with what can be wrong then great if not keep your comments to yourself and go post on someone else's thread AND FOR YOUR INFO PPL NO ONE SAID IT WAS THE CLUTCH I SAID ITS BEEN SLIPPING AGAIN JUST THE THE FIRST TIME SO COULD BE MY MASTER AGAIN
Old 02-14-2016, 07:01 PM
StreetShotz

Originally Posted by Juju0817
I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you guys about if I can drive MY CAR or not I never said I was a professional race car driver DID I? I know I drive my car just fine so back off ****s , if you can help with what can be wrong then great if not keep your comments to yourself and go post on someone else's thread AND FOR YOUR INFO PPL NO ONE SAID IT WAS THE CLUTCH I SAID ITS BEEN SLIPPING AGAIN JUST THE THE FIRST TIME SO COULD BE MY MASTER AGAIN
Slipping clutches are the result of being worn. A worn clutch is the result of spinning while generating friction.
A bad master will not cause a clutch disc to wear faster.
You have said it's not you and the last time it happened it was the master cylinder so if your not the issue then there could only be a few others.
Master, slave, lines, miss-aligned clutch components on install or user error. It's not a hard diagnosis just simply one your not wanting to hear.
These cars are not know for this issue therefor the MOST likely issue is user error.
The following 2 users liked this post by StreetShotz:
Presto (02-15-2016), telcoman (02-14-2016)
Old 02-14-2016, 07:58 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Some have the inability to admit that they cannot properly drive a stick shift and get testy when others point this out.

Telcoman
Old 02-14-2016, 10:25 PM
Juju0817

no one is getting testy I can care less what ya think ������and if it needs a clutch replacement then it is what it is I can careless I just want to know why does it keep happening and y only my G I have a winter beater that the clutch is fine still on the first clutch and a bike that the clutch is fine stil lithe original one so does that mean I can't drive stick? but here's what I'll do for you guys I guess your absolutely right I can't drive stick if that makes you guys happy to hear and yes the master or slave can't cause the clutch to slip but it can cause the amount of pressure on the clutch to make it slip so thanks for being the help I needed from my fellow VQ guys I can't depend on for help ��
Old 02-14-2016, 10:26 PM
Juju0817

and it is not a common issue but I read tons of threads with failing master cylinder or slave cylinders with under 50k lol
Old 02-14-2016, 10:38 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
If it's not your driving then its an improperly adjusted clutch. Too much preload on the mc piston will cause a partially disengaged clutch, even when the pedal is not depressed. This is the same as riding the clutch.

Easy to check for too. There should be some free play in the pedal. Look closely at the clevis fork and pin securing it. Moving the pedal slightly back and forth should reveal play here _WITHOUT_ any movement in the MC rod.

Seriously, add some punctuation to your posts. I got dizzy reading the OP.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:47 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
cant shift right, cant type right. cant take comments about your driving style.
why are you asking people for help if your going to refuse it?
telcoman (02-15-2016)
Old 02-15-2016, 08:23 AM
LexiG37

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Angry juju0817

Juju's anger is escalating!!!! In my previous cars my clutches would last about 40-50k. I suck at driving stick, so I bought my G with a slushbox. OP should do the same, and chill the phukkk out.
telcoman (02-15-2016)
Old 02-15-2016, 05:25 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Juju0817
and it is not a common issue but I read tons of threads with failing master cylinder or slave cylinders with under 50k lol
FWIW I had to have the CDC replaced while under warranty by the dealer at 92k miles on my previous 06 G35 6 sp manual.
Never had another clutch problem and still had the original clutch when I traded it in with 171796 miles.

You either cannot properly drive a stick shift or you using poor quality parts/incompetent shops or both.

A failed CSC has no effect on the clutch disc, pressure plate or flywheel when properly repaired in a timely manner

Telcoman

Quick Reply: 09 g37s coupe clutch problems *HELP*