Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

RJM Performance Clutch Pedal Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 02:26 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 331 Likes on 253 Posts
^NICE, plan to report back on which settings you go with? Would be interested to know what others prefer. Planning to get mine installed in a few weeks
Old 05-27-2016, 10:56 AM
NightMarauder
NissanFan since 1989

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I had this on my '11...i carried the wrench with me...continually adjusting. It came in set at 75%.
Turn it down to maybe about 70. i wanted a bit of firmness.

Now in the '13, the OEM pedal feels a lot softer than the '11. I am really debating to put it back in.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:54 PM
Falker11
Premier Member

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by NightMarauder
I had this on my '11...i carried the wrench with me...continually adjusting. It came in set at 75%.
Turn it down to maybe about 70. i wanted a bit of firmness.

Now in the '13, the OEM pedal feels a lot softer than the '11. I am really debating to put it back in.
Interesting you say that. I had an '08 coupe and now a '13 sedan; I feel like the clutch pedal feel is exactly the same. I have RJM rev3.1 that I'll be installing this summer.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:34 AM
TheNextoGo
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just ordered one after installing the Jsolo clutch spring, and although a very good mod considering the price, I was underwhelmed by the change with the spring replacement. Still deciding if Im going to try to instal the clutch pedal, l am definitely not the most handy guy but I would like the challenge and take pride in the fact that it was a DIY mod

Last edited by TheNextoGo; 08-10-2016 at 03:21 AM.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:07 AM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by TheNextoGo
Just ordered one after installing the Jsolo clutch spring, and although a very good mod considering the price, I was underwhelmed by the change. Still deciding if Im going to try to install definitely not the most handy guy but I would like the challenge and take pride in the fact that it was a DIY mod
You know, I initially felt underwhelmed too, but then I tried a few different settings with the engagement point lower and after 2 years of having mine in, I can say definitively that it was the best thing I did to my car.

I had the stock pedal in for ~4.5 years before that and I was always battling the thing because of the unnaturally high engagement point and the short window it gave you for smooth shifts.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:18 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by Falker11
I have RJM rev3.1 that I'll be installing this summer.
Three months later... tick tock, Mike.

Originally Posted by cruzmisl
...I was always battling the thing because of the unnaturally high engagement point and the short window it gave you for smooth shifts.
Exactly that.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:22 AM
TheNextoGo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cruzmisl
You know, I initially felt underwhelmed too, but then I tried a few different settings with the engagement point lower and after 2 years of having mine in, I can say definitively that it was the best thing I did to my car.

I had the stock pedal in for ~4.5 years before that and I was always battling the thing because of the unnaturally high engagement point and the short window it gave you for smooth shifts.
Sorry, I meant I was underwhelmed but the change in the replacement of the clutch spring. I have edited my original post to make it less confusing.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:54 PM
cruzmisl

Originally Posted by TheNextoGo
Sorry, I meant I was underwhelmed but the change in the replacement of the clutch spring. I have edited my original post to make it less confusing.
Ah, that makes more sense.

I had the spring first too. I would say it maybe made it 10-15% better?

The RJM clutch pedal makes it feel a different pedal entirely, translating to a 200% increase in my enjoyment of rowing gears. It also makes it easier to smoothly downshift, and with my sport muffler, I get even more enjoyment from hearing my exhaust crackle on the downshift.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:37 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 239 Posts
u guys really have that hard of a time driving the car smoothly?
Old 08-11-2016, 12:42 PM
cruzmisl

It is simply harder than it should be to consistently drive the car smooth with the stock pedal. And this isn't a niche complaint on these cars, it is pretty common with the Z too.

The high engagement point and short window is also harder to manage depending on your body type and preferred seat position. The revised pedal assembly solves it completely.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:54 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

every cars gonna be a little different. after a month a person should be able to adjust and get used to it. its kinda weird and borderline sad that that many people arent able to drive the g/z well enough that they need this mod. im jus supersayin
Old 08-11-2016, 04:30 PM
cruzmisl

borderline sad?

Yeah, ok--it is on all of us that we hate the stock clutch, I guess we are defective.

Good for you if you like it, but I think most of us in here hate it. Think about it this way: there are enough people between the Z and G (in multiple generations) that have hated this design to facilitate the creation of specially machined aftermarket springs and entire clutch pedal assemblies to address its shortcomings and improve our experience with the car.

Last edited by cruzmisl; 08-11-2016 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:16 PM
TheNextoGo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by saywat?
u guys really have that hard of a time driving the car smoothly?
Im sure a lot of us have gotten used to it (or been able to adjust our driving habits) to drive it well enough. However, I know for me, I have to put in a lot more effort/focus to get to drive it smoothly ( after several months) than I do driving into other manual cars for the first time. Whats wrong with improving a what you think is a weak point in the car. Isn't that the whole point of performance mods?
Old 08-11-2016, 05:19 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

i just dont understand spending all that money and energy installing it when you can just do the improvement for free by adjusting ur driving and getting better. actually u dont even need to do much except get used to it. then u dont even think about it and just do it
Old 08-11-2016, 06:46 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
I also resisted this mod for years with all kinds of unsubstantiated rationale. The only difference is I don't remember being a d1ck about it. Doesn't mean I wasn't though.

Knowatimean?

Quick Reply: RJM Performance Clutch Pedal Assembly