Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Issue with throttle or automatic transmission?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 01:03 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Issue with throttle or automatic transmission?

I started having an issue a couple months ago and Infiniti has been no help. When in manual mode, my throttle cuts out when I hit a certain limit (low RPM). This is very similar to what would happen if I was red lining in a low gear and the throttle cut out to protect the engine. As you can see from the video below, I'm at about 3500 RPM and about 75 mph in 4th gear, and my throttle stops working and I start to slow down. I have gotten this to occur at 2nd and 3rd gear as well. If I up-sift I will get throttle response again. I don't feel like there is any reduction in engine performance. I don't think there is a problem when I'm in automatic mode. Please let me know if you have any ideas. I've had infiniti look at it and all they do is charge me for an inspection and say nothing is wrong. I want to go back with some specifc ideas of what it could be or if this is known.

2008 G37 coupe sport, manual 5 speed transmission

Old 06-25-2015, 05:12 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

I'm going to try and post a better video in lower gears also. Please let me know if anyone has any thoughts. Thanks!
Old 06-26-2015, 12:29 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Are you saying there's a dead spot at a certain position in the pedal or is it rpm related?
Old 06-26-2015, 02:33 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Jsolo
Are you saying there's a dead spot at a certain position in the pedal or is it rpm related?
No. What is happening is certain gears will max out at certain low RPMs or low speeds (sometimes). For instance, some times when i go in manual mode and hit around 3500 RPM in 4th gear, the car disconnects the throttle. It feels just like if I was at red line in a low gear and the car disconnects the throttle to protect itself. Feels just like a speed governor kicking in. The only difference is i'm no where near red line or top speeds. This doesn't happen 100% of the time. I couldn't get it to happen this morning. But when it does occur I can repeat it every time during that same drive. I've seen it occur in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears. I dont think it is an issue with the throttle. I could be in auto mode and slam the peddle to the flour and and accelerate without problem.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:02 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

My engine light finally came on and i'm not in limp mode. I can not take the car over about 2500 rpms. I read the error codes with a reader and I'm getting P0011 and P0524. I've googled what those codes are, but what does that mean? Is there anything I should try before taking it to the dealer and paying tons of $ to get it fixed.