Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Transmission go BOOM! Infiniti says becoming common

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 06:10 PM
NBE-ON'D
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by kluthage421
I just had my 7AT flushed at a local Nissan dealer for $185 after 15% military discount. My car has 30,785. They went through 3 gallons of AT fluid in the process. The car shifts smoother now and I barely notice the shifts. I found myself having to look at the gear indicator in manual mode to see if it even shifted. It wasn't rough before, but not as smooth as it should of been. Follow the G37 premium/severe maintenance intervals and the car should last forever.

That's true, they need to drain,plug, then pump fill to overflow, plug, bring trans to temp and engage gear, drain, new washer gasket,plug, pump fill to overflow, plug.. and good. so if its a 5 liter job, its wrong.
Some stealer ships do it only once to pound out the job, in my case they charged me and didn't even do it. But I busted them red handed along with the diff service they didn't do as well. Service advisor closed it out without being done.
Factory marks thing to let the line know it was completed etc. and it also acts as a seal, like wax on a letter, has this been opened??... Long story short I have a credit there lol. That was at 20k.
Normally only I touch the car, keep receipts, but I didn't have a filler. I always change trans/diffs/t-case/centerdiff no later then 20k/km on all my new cars/trucks/suv's. Never had a single problem with any of them, even my dodge truck was good, mind you (I would go through it all)! I'm bonkers like that, but know for a fact I can jump in my old 01 4runner (Yoda) anytime or season with 315k on it. Drive it back, forth, across and over Canada without a worry or mechanical problem and bet money on it. That's a good thing not to worry about. So im with you on maintenance.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:56 AM
JT2014

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
I doubt there is any serious overall problem. I made sure to research the auto before I bought my car. After the Acura auto trans nightmares I had I wasn't going through that again. All car makes get defective parts now & then. A few trans issues resulting in replacements are normal. But there's no data I found to indicate it's a serious problem or design flaw.
The trans programming though...that's an issue on some cars. But after the reprogram it's a lot better.
The service manual & owners manual says the trans fluid should be good for the life of the car....I do wonder how accurate that is? I'll likely flush it at 60K.