Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Supercharger or Turbocharger for 7 speed auto transmission?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Muujig612

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah there is no issue with the transmission response, it's just slow from the beginning. I'm just wondering if the transmission can handle the power boost without any upgrades. And looks like it won't.

Yeah the roads of Mongolia are pretty horrible. But it's getting better a bit by bit.

Thanks
Old 07-28-2013, 03:58 PM
timp
Premier Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
It is very easy to do the upgrade. Check out the link below.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...ght=valve+body
Old 07-29-2013, 01:52 AM
SPDCRZ

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Muujig612
Wow, thank you everyone for your answers and opinions so looks like I will need that Valve Body upgrade thing. Hmmmm... all this is making me think twice about the damn upgrade. SPDCRZ I have a question for you.

How much did your kit and the tuning cost?
And how hard is that valve body upgrade is?

You see, my car is not located in US. It's halfway around the world, in Mongolia. So, I can buy whatever I need from US, but strapping everything I got from US is gonna be done by me and my friend mechanics. That's why I don't want to get into those complicated stuff. Like opening up my tranny and stuff.

Is there a guide of some sort on upgrading the valve body on the tranny?

Thanks

The valve body install and sending and receiving to gtm was about $1100 in total. That includes Shipping, removal, and install.

The Uprev tune was a Pro-Tune where I did a bunch of other things at the same time. That was $550.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:42 PM
JayO1990

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock Automatic trans

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
My tranny was fine on my Stilen Kit, 457WHP and 330 WTRQ. I could how ever break the tires loose so traction was still an issuse. With UPREV my tuner just adjust the line pressure on the trany and it shifted perfect
I have a 2wd g37 coupe that I plan on putting a SC in. Questions is, is it okay to do so on a stock auto tranny?
Old 05-19-2016, 07:22 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Stock tranny will be fine with the popper cooling, you'll need a transcooler and make sure the tune for line pressue( UPREV) ECUTEK( Better option) is adjusted for expected TRQ loads. the Tables on ECUTEK and better and easier to dial in. Seb told me this

Plus IF you go Stillen you need to swich to Air to Air Kits are for sale over on 370Z from topgunZ( Great guy) and then you can tune with ECUTEK of the MAP sensor and not the MAF's. The Stillen kit has the MAF's in the wrong spot, PRE SC so no true air temp readings :/, Reason I think I blew up my car.

http://www.the370z.com/forced-induct...r-upgrade.html
Old 07-02-2016, 06:20 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
Exedy makes upgraded 7AT clutch packs. Fast Intentions is using them in one of their builds. That plus the VB upgrade and you should be good to go.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:52 AM
Awgd8

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Why just use the Manual mode and be done with it?
I hardly use D when driving my Q40. If you want instant tranny reaction time, use the Manual mode.

Infiniti did not put it there for no reason. For me D mode is for cruising at a steady pace along the highway. If it gets busier , I put it back to Manual mode for quicker reaction time if passing is needed. How hard this could be?

Try this first before boosting...
Old 07-04-2016, 08:26 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
I think the issue is with being able to put the power to the wheels and not grenade the transmission. Switching to manual mode doesn't solve that issue and there's a good half-second lag between hitting the paddle and the transmission actually shifting.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Awgd8

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Ape Factory
I think the issue is with being able to put the power to the wheels and not grenade the transmission. Switching to manual mode doesn't solve that issue and there's a good half-second lag between hitting the paddle and the transmission actually shifting.

I did not know you were using the paddle shifter. The paddle shifter is known to also have a lag. I prefer a non paddle shifter (aka the gear ****) a lot better for Manual mode, but some G doesnt have the option to use **** and Manual mode.