Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

HELP !! SLIP,CEL, light turned on after car wash

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 12:31 AM
Alaa Wehbeh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down HELP !! SLIP,CEL, light turned on after car wash

Hi guys.. I really need help cause i have no idea what to do. I went to the car wash like any other day and as soon as I pulled out my car turned off ! RPM went down till the car died. I have no idea why and this is the first time my car does that. I have Injen intakes installed and i think maybe water got in them and got the MAF sensor got wet. Car feels weird every time i switch it on, so i just left it parked there till the dealer open's up the next day. any idea
Old 04-27-2013, 03:07 AM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
is it a CAI?
Old 04-27-2013, 04:05 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally Posted by Alaa Wehbeh
Hi guys.. I really need help cause i have no idea what to do. I went to the car wash like any other day and as soon as I pulled out my car turned off ! RPM went down till the car died. I have no idea why and this is the first time my car does that. I have Injen intakes installed and i think maybe water got in them and got the MAF sensor got wet. Car feels weird every time i switch it on, so i just left it parked there till the dealer open's up the next day. any idea
Sounds like typical CAI hydrolock. Was it a manual car wash or the automatic ones?
Old 04-27-2013, 03:51 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
PSA: turn off your engine if you have cai when going through car wash.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Alaa Wehbeh

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Sounds like typical CAI hydrolock. Was it a manual car wash or the automatic ones?
It was an automatic wash, but before entering he was using a hose to remove the sand/mud off the car before it entered cause it was raining +sandstorm (typical Dubai) so i think he just shoved that hose in the bumper opening ... haven't started the car today gonna do it tomorrow morning, any advice ?

And yes its an Enjin CAI the long tubes...
Old 04-27-2013, 04:59 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Hopefully you'll be fine. Did you install the hydro covers on the filters when you put on the Injen intakes?

When you start the car tomorrow morning, if it still idles and sounds weird, switch it off immediately. It could be anything from a simple electric issue to bent rods. The dealer will definitely not like the fact that you got aftermarket intakes, especially if your warranty hasn't expired yet.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:03 PM
Alaa Wehbeh

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Hopefully you'll be fine. Did you install the hydro covers on the filters when you put on the Injen intakes?

When you start the car tomorrow morning, if it still idles and sounds weird, switch it off immediately. It could be anything from a simple electric issue to bent rods. The dealer will definitely not like the fact that you got aftermarket intakes, especially if your warranty hasn't expired yet.
it didn't with any hydro cover filter