Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Review RJM Performance Clutch Pedal... Yea, another one.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 08:32 AM
bgoodman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RJM Performance Clutch Pedal... Yea, another one.

Hey Guys,

I recently purchased a 2008 G37S Coupe 6MT from a fellow member off the forums. I was pretty stoked to leave my BMW behind and get back behind the wheel of a G. The time, I decide to get a 6MT from my original 5AT G.

Coming from the 6MT BMW, I honestly hated the clutch feel/engagement of the G. It isn't very smooth and requires the leg strength of a rhino. Even after removing the extra stiff clutch spring, it still didn't have feedback desired.

So I found and read a few posts about the RJM Clutch Pedal and was sold.

Ryan stayed in touch with me throughout the whole process as he had to custom build the pedal units.

It took 4 business days to receive the package from Canada to Atlanta. Pretty shocked at the speed from USPS. The box was damaged due to the USPS lack of care in moving boxes, buy Ryan boxed everything up securely so everything was intact.

Like many have said, the install is a PITA if you have medium to large size hands. The install took me around 2 hours due to having to squeeze my 5'10 frame into the bottom of the car.

After everything was installed, I tested it out... in the words of Drake, HYFR (Hell Ya ****ing Right), would be the best description of the RJM Clutch Pedal. Now it has the smoothness and linear feel you would get in a BMW or Honda Clutch.

Finally, the G is a 10/10 for me! I recommend that everyone purchase this clutch pedal.

If I was Ryan, I'd probably patent this pedal and/or sell it to Nissan for use in their future products.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Varjo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I have the pedal as well, but haven't had time to put it in yet. Any tips for the install?
Old 02-09-2013, 01:25 AM
Skyline6mt
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Can you pm me a ballpark shipped price? I'm thinking of one of these as well
Old 02-09-2013, 08:07 AM
Can'tGme

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I've got one as well and installed it about a month ago. Took me two hours as well and can be a PITA to install. But I've installed one on a G35 so I knew what I was getting into. My pedal is better than stock now but I still don't think I have it dialed in just right yet; but definitely much better.

Here's the link for anyone interested:
RJM G37 Clutch Pedal
Old 02-11-2013, 11:11 AM
bgoodman

The install is definitely a PITA, but well worth it. I would advise to thoroughly stretch before getting under the dash. I pulled a muscle in my back.

@CantGme, what settings do you have yours dialed in at? I believe mine are at 70%
Old 02-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Can'tGme

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by bgoodman
@CantGme, what settings do you have yours dialed in at? I believe mine are at 70%
I believe I have mine about the same but when I adjust it on the fly I can only turn it so far. I just figured I could turn it more than that and change the engagement point more but I could be wrong.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:39 AM
enronforme

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Will have to look into this!
Old 03-04-2013, 02:09 AM
240300g37

Originally Posted by Varjo
I have the pedal as well, but haven't had time to put it in yet. Any tips for the install?
Tape the spring on to the clutch pedal assembly before you try to put it in the housing.

Wedge something behind the master cylinder in the engine bay so it doesn't get pushed in while you are installing the clutch pedal.

Wear mechanics gloves because there are lots of places to scratch your hand under the dash. Try to tape up any sharp looking pieces of metal under the dash.

It's a really tight area to work in. I would rather pay someone to install it if i had to do it again.

I agree, it's a really good upgrade for the car and the product is well made.
The car should have come like this from the factory.