Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Transmission Reprogram (7AT)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 10:40 AM
~Lefty~

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wblhockey14
ok so this is completely ridiculous. I brought mine in and it is no different than before, in fact, maybe worse since it lost what it learned of my driving. I have no idea why people think anything has changed since they first produce the accel tables, etc. Its no different.
Made a difference for me...I wouldn't have made a thread if it didn't.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:09 AM
wblhockey14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its called placebo dude
Old 01-07-2013, 06:24 PM
jaykellogg

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by trp244
I also just had the TCM and ECM reprogrammed in my 2009 x coupe 7at. FYI if anyone wants the TSB its ITB10-075A. I believe that this TSB applies to some 2008 and 2009 vehicles. Acceleration and shifts are much better.

I also had the TSB ITB10-010C done, including a new battery, to hopefully fix my dead battery issue I would have every 4 days or so. So far so good.

Both TSBs done at my local dealer with no questions asked and no attempt to charge or up sell.
I called about this on my '08 and the dealer said I was still under warranty, but that this TSB does not apply to my '08. I am not impressed with the way the car shifts. If I increase speed on the highway it'll sometimes kick down when I don't think it is called for. Also, going down hill and preparing to turn with my foot off the gas I got a goofy shift and another after I turned the corner and applied a little throttle.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:30 AM
~Lefty~

Originally Posted by jaykellogg
I called about this on my '08 and the dealer said I was still under warranty, but that this TSB does not apply to my '08. I am not impressed with the way the car shifts. If I increase speed on the highway it'll sometimes kick down when I don't think it is called for. Also, going down hill and preparing to turn with my foot off the gas I got a goofy shift and another after I turned the corner and applied a little throttle.
You have the 5AT; however, they still may have updates for that. I'd be surprised if they didn't.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Abramite
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Question... I have a 09x 7at and I got only one update I believe it was 27c, this cured my harsh down shifts in DS mode.

Is there an update that helps the transmission shift into higher gears when cruising.

My car loves to go into 7th gear when I'm going about 30 or 40mph, the rpms are super low like the cars ideling, then when I give it gas I get no acceleration. It should put me into a higher gear but it doesn't.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:58 PM
~Lefty~

Originally Posted by Abramite
Question... I have a 09x 7at and I got only one update I believe it was 27c, this cured my harsh down shifts in DS mode.

Is there an update that helps the transmission shift into higher gears when cruising.

My car loves to go into 7th gear when I'm going about 30 or 40mph, the rpms are super low like the cars ideling, then when I give it gas I get no acceleration. It should put me into a higher gear but it doesn't.
This was part of my issue. The update I got fixed it. You had no "go" power when needed. Sort of a throttle lag...
Old 01-08-2013, 07:17 PM
wblhockey14

Is it true that the tranny learns your driving style? If so, how would a reflash help anyone?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Abramite
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by ~Lefty~
This was part of my issue. The update I got fixed it. You had no "go" power when needed. Sort of a throttle lag...
Exactly, but the flash didn't really help me there
Old 01-24-2013, 01:43 PM
G37MA

I feel a difference, just had it done.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:21 AM
G37MA

Car seems just all around tighter now that shifts/lag has been fixed. Not sure if this is a great explanation but I also feels the car behaves more like a manual and more agile/maneuverableal now. Prior to the update if I was cruising and it dropped gears to 7 my car felt like it was basically neutral coasting (eg. gain speed while coasting down a hill, don't feel any throttle control) and when I hit the gas it would have to grab the gear and start to go. Now after the update when I cruise and not on the throttle it feels like it is still in gear and not just idling (eg if I was coasting down a hill it should slowly slow down). I used to drive manual so I would often let off the throttle stay in gear and slow down and still have that control which AUTOs generally lack. No longer the case so far but I need to do more testing. Downshifts are mapped better and happen when you expect it instead of the throttle lag/waiting for it. Lastly, I think they remapped first gear because I find it holds longer than it used to which makes for a better experience in general. It used to shoot to 2nd super fast as if it didn't want to use first at all.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:28 PM
nizzle247

I've really enjoyed the transmission update. The 7AT is still not perfect and there is still some throttle lag, but the update was a big improvement. Kudos to Infiniti for stepping up and addressing this issue!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:47 PM
lilmike113

i just went to have it done the other day and i had to pay $120 but does make a noticeable difference and i have a 2008 with the 5at
Old 04-10-2013, 01:25 PM
jbkalla

I just had my 09 37x updated (covered under warranty). I did notice a difference, even in regular mode. I thought maybe my transmission was bad, but now it feels more like it should. I can't believe the dealers don't do this automatically.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:18 PM
blue3231

Originally Posted by jbkalla
I just had my 09 37x updated (covered under warranty). I did notice a difference, even in regular mode. I thought maybe my transmission was bad, but now it feels more like it should. I can't believe the dealers don't do this automatically.
No pun intended.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:27 AM
mrarmageddon28

I had this performed on my car about a month ago and honestly the car drives much better than it did when I bought it. The reason I got it done was because it felt like the car had severe transmission issue when down shifting or going uphill. If your G is driving great before hand I would not recommend any upgrade. "If it ain't broke don't fix it"

Quick Reply: Transmission Reprogram (7AT)