Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Boom`

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 03:24 AM
Vasher

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JPSBLACKG37
I would stick to your guns. No reason why you should have to lose out or fork over any additional cash when you have it in writing.

Everyone else stating to cut your losses are f-ing ridiculous. If I spent near 10k to have a boosted car and have it dealer installed and warrantied, and it blows up not a few months after install it is the dealers responsibility to replace and reinstall sc kit because you have already paid for install. Losing 5k+ wouldn't sit well with me or anyone else on is forum. Good luck to you sir and stick it to them good.
Originally Posted by Elperuano
This ^^^
I completely agree, I'm no fan or Stillen but I certainly don't like to see this to happen to anyone in the car community. These big corporations want you to just cut your losses and go. Richer get richer while poorer get poorer. If u have all the promises made by the dealer on paper I'd take every possible action to recoup my losses and even more for the hassle n time of having to go thru all the legal issues after The DEALER promised you all these things. They're probably banking on you're gonna be like the majority of people and just give up and cut ur loss. ANMVQ if it were me personally I'd stick it to them every possible with no LUBE. Go at it like a marathon! Good luck to you!
Seriously?

They are honoring the warranty. They will repair the car. They will reinstall the S/C. All this w/o parts and labor. The dispute is over reissuing the warranty.

They do not have to fix it at all...

I didn't want to point this out, but he isn't using the Stillen tune. Does anyone here (OP included) think that the warranty would cover any tune, any psi? I do not think the dealer did the custom tune. If that's the case, I don't think they're obligated to touch the car.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:39 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by Vasher
Seriously?

They are honoring the warranty. They will repair the car. They will reinstall the S/C. All this w/o parts and labor. The dispute is over reissuing the warranty.

I didn't want to point this out, but he isn't using the Stillen tune. Does anyone here (OP included) think that the warranty would cover any tune, any psi? I do not think the dealer did the custom tune. If that's the case, I don't think they're obligated to touch the car.

They are not reinstalling the SC, Told me I can not! If I do I lose all my factory warranty.,

One for one if this was said to me in Jan of this year I would not have spent the $$ on the car. I was told "Bought and installed from us FULL Factory warrenty" Any PSI?? No PSI changed? An any tune, Again if they told me :The dealer: Said you have to stay on Stillens tune to have the warranty , Again I would not have bought it( Stillens tune made a WHOPPING 30 more WHP for 10k??). They told me I could retune it and have no issues, At this point they pretty much said anything to get my $$ no I have issues and I should just eat the 10k, Really you think that, Then you as bad as they are,

Last edited by ANMVQ; 12-21-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:32 AM
NoKaOi G37X
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been following your adventure in this whole goal to make 500whp...I'm really surprised any dealership would put in writing that you have factory warranty from the dealership (not Infiniti the dealership can't speak for Infiniti) with a SC installed. I asked that of my dealership when they installed my SC and they said no. That's why I got the warranty from Stillen and they ended up paying for it because they mistakenly thought it came with the SC. Stillens warranty clear states that it's for the VIN recorded at the time of SC purchase and that ANY tune other than Stillens can tune voids the warranty period.

I really feel for all your bad luck this year and as I said before hope next year is a better year for you.

There's nothing that you've posted from the dealership that says you get the SC reinstalled and full factory warranty again. When a part fails and is covered by the factory warranty you get a limited time of warranty for the replaced part something like 30. 90 days maybe a year if your lucky. I don't think you asked those questions when you negotiated the deal if you did it would be in writing, same as you had them put the SC not voiding the factory warranty. From your previous posts you didn't have a clue as to how much the SC would make either on your car that's why you got a custom tune.

If it was me I would have the car put back to stock and sell everything cut my losses and find something that makes 500whp stock. It took me about 6 months to finally get Stillen to tune my car properly and I haven't had the time to get my car dyno'd again to see what it makes. Whatever it makes I'm very happy with it and I realize that because I have an X that mine will make less whp then others because of physics and mechanical build of the car.

I think your expectations of the car was a bit lofty and while I know others have successfully gotten close to 500whp with stock internals I think cars like the X can because we are limited because it's an X.

I really hope you get everything sorted out and can move on. Best of luck to you in the future!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:14 PM
dillyyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
I know the cutting of loses are being talked about , But really Cut them?? I could only get half of what I have into it for the kit $4500 + I would have to pay to go back to stock at least $2500 as I do not have all the stock parts, Intakes and injectors I know I do not have + what ever the labor is. Was $1700 to install it, So I'm out $7500, Hell for another $600 I can have a biult block, So cutting the loses are not an option for me,, But if they do not want me to reinstall the SC and they will warranty it, they are going to have to give my the $9600 they dealer talked me into spending with them with the false pretence that "lf" anything happened I would have FULL warranty. Can we say Fraud.
Sorry for the ignorance, as I have not followed your build, but are you saying an Infiniti shop warrantied an engine that had an SC put on it? Was this the dealer's warranty or one provided by Infiniti themselves? What was the warranty structure i.e. miles, time?
Old 12-27-2012, 08:18 PM
dillyyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanx for filling him in on the situation, But to his point I do have it in writing , Here is my origonal paper work from Jan this year when the dealer installed and told me the install would not void anything
WOW!!!! Glad I don't have that dealership by me because they can't be too bright to add an SC and claim warranty would not be void (I'm sure the dealership will not get reimbursed by Infiniti).
Old 01-09-2013, 09:14 AM
bachelor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
My Stillen kit is still going strong. Good luck with the fight.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Vasher

Updates?

I've voiced my opinion already and I'm not trying to beat you up over it again. Just genuinely curious to see if you've made any headway.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:00 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Nope lost out. Took the car back and sold the SC IMO got screwed. But I don't have 20k to go to court the big business will always win I guess
Old 04-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Vasher

Any plans for a GTM kit?

Sorry about your headaches and heartbreak.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:51 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

That would be no sir.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Elperuano

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lol! He must not read any of ur threads
Old 04-11-2013, 07:49 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Nope lost out. Took the car back and sold the SC IMO got screwed. But I don't have 20k to go to court the big business will always win I guess
Hey I am sorry for your troubles, you did this the right way & once again the little guy gets it.

I'd use small claims court, I know you don't live in Cali
I'm sure someone can get you the forms you need.
At least go after them for the 5-k limit.
You don't need a lawyer.
Pm me, ill help you out.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:51 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Vasher
Seriously?

Stillen uses uprev software, they don't have any tunes.
They use uprev since they did the sc on the g, only option available.
What other software is there?
Old 04-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Elperuano

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They use uprev Osiris. Stillen had a can tune from Uprev.
The custom tune would be anyone else's tune. Quite simple.