Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Sprint Booster

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 11:31 AM
daren_ipl
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Polar_g37s
Spring booster is for cheapos and a reflash is for men. Reflash will gain you hp and you can mess with the throttle positions..
We're not trying to figure out which is better reflash or sprint booster, were trying to figure out if what they say about the sprint booster is true. Anyone got any experience with the booster yet??
Old 11-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Here's a question.

Why spend the money for sprintboost when it pretty much only does one thing, when you can spend a couple hundred more and get a tune that gives you more HP, MPG, AND what the sprint booster thingy can do?

I mean, just seems like a waste of money to me to go with the sprint booster thingy.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Mr. Nibiru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off thank you all the haters. I am sorry you feel frustrated with your lives and feel the need to always interject negativity and hatred.

And I understand that a tune is a good investment, but considering I don't have all of the modifications I plan on doing it seems kind of silly to get the car tuned right now.

And the purpose of the thread was to help others make an informed decision if they are curious or plan on buying the product. It didn't seem like a "silly" thing when BMW added the same type of performance enhancer to the E46 M3.

But on a positive note it is in the mail and I should get it shortly. I'll post my review then.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Mr. Nibiru

It's in.

Well just got it in the mail today and I'm about to install and check out impressions. I found this video which I think better explains what I expect it to do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yrBpL45u-k
Old 11-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Mr. Nibiru

So here is my review. The installation rates up there with a drop in filter. It was very easy. There are three setting when there really should only be two since the middle setting really isn't that noticeable. With the red or what I would call "sport" setting the car definitely picks up a lot quicker lower end but here is where I personally ran into a problem. With this setting I am sure it flings open the throttle body completely, but since I cars have smaller displacement you move the lag from the bottom end to the top end. So it feels like the car is trying to catch up with your pedal command. Basically like it's trying to build up steam or something. With the cars oem settings the accelerator better matches the powerband of the car so it is a much smoother and overall better experience.

So yes the product does work, but it makes the last 50% of the pedal travel worthless in my opinion. So overall I wouldn't recommend this productand I will be sending mine back for a refund.

This was the whole point of this thread so for all you haters feel free to "see I told you so." But overall I accomplished what I set out to do.

Last edited by Mr. Nibiru; 11-06-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
i don't think anyone was "hating" persay. i think that what people were trying to say to you is that there are other options out there that are better....or easily more productive.

you won't hear "i told you so" from me.

glad you got to try it out and see for yourself.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Mr. Nibiru

Originally Posted by Mattster
i don't think anyone was "hating" persay. i think that what people were trying to say to you is that there are other options out there that are better....or easily more productive.

you won't hear "i told you so" from me.

glad you got to try it out and see for yourself.
Well of course there are other options out there. I was just curious and I helped others make a better informed decision to purchase or not.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:41 PM
hechen507
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Thank you for your honest review, I hope I didn't come off as a a**hole to you. My point was to just to get people to understand what this device actually does. As electrical engineering student I am naturally curious on products like this so I hope I didn't offend anyone.