Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Oil temp gauge

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 12:35 AM
kRAM
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
What i want to know is where you're going to place the gauge unless of course you're doing what weiboy's setup looks like. I always wanted an oil temp but didn't want a random gauge out in the middle of my dash.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by 37hevn
youre the kind of person that gives forums a bad reputation, you should def stick with a g37
Seriously? Do you have any clue who youre talking to?

You do realize that weiboy probably knows more about the G than you know about pretty much anything.

No sir....YOU are what gives forums a bad name.

Evito.....listn to weiboy. He knows what he's talking about.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:33 PM
37hevn

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mattster
Seriously? Do you have any clue who youre talking to?

You do realize that weiboy probably knows more about the G than you know about pretty much anything.

No sir....YOU are what gives forums a bad name.

Evito.....listn to weiboy. He knows what he's talking about.
lol never said i knew more, the parts on my car were diy with dyno runs between each one, i work at a performance shop, and i do drag/autox. im not a know it all but im not a troll with a near stock car.

look back at the conversation, he started his bs towards me. and what makes him more knowledgable than me? id like to hear how extensive YOU know what HE knows.

all i did was suggest a water temp gauge cuz it would be easier to install since the original post thought it would be tricky and i posted a link which i posted as informative info on what and why but i guess your all knowing user didnt care.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 37hevn
lol never said i knew more, the parts on my car were diy with dyno runs between each one, i work at a performance shop, and i do drag/autox. im not a know it all but im not a troll with a near stock car.

look back at the conversation, he started his bs towards me. and what makes him more knowledgable than me? id like to hear how extensive YOU know what HE knows.

all i did was suggest a water temp gauge cuz it would be easier to install since the original post thought it would be tricky and i posted a link which i posted as informative info on what and why but i guess your all knowing user didnt care.
hey, sorry if that really ticked you off and no, i don't know a whole lot myself too. i only thought your recommendation from a oil temp to water temp gauge was a bit off and asked what will that do since the OP wanted to do a oil temp and you should know they're both are being monitored differently.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:13 AM
eVitO

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Damn, lol. I wasn't expecting this...

I don't know where I'd install the gauge either, didn't think that far ahead lol. Maybe the ashtray or something? idk... Maybe if I go crazy, I'll get a cluster similar to the 370z in my ashtray, w/ oil & water temps and battery voltage just to fill out the tripod. But that'd be pulling a Martin. aka I'm a dreamer.