Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

35,xxx WITH NO OIL CHANGE. WHAT DO NOW?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 10:54 AM
stanv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DashKid
LMAO. Good thing you bought it from a nice person. Most people would of have said sold as is. Good luck on buying a new G.
If he withheld information like that, he LEGALLY has to take it back. That information goes past your typical "buyer beware" concepts.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by stanv
If he withheld information like that, he LEGALLY has to take it back. That information goes past your typical "buyer beware" concepts.
Why do you believe this is true? Where are you getting that information from?
Old 08-07-2012, 03:21 PM
IMTASE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have the Infiniti dealer print out the entire service history ( or lack thereof), and bring the car back where you bought it and demand your money back.
What are the preowned purchase laws in Ga? They may be in your favor.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:53 PM
stanv

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Why do you believe this is true? Where are you getting that information from?
When someone sells you a product and there's a "hidden" issue with it that can alter your decision of buying it and withholds that information from you, then they are at fault.
I know this specifically applies to Real Estate and selling homes, so I'm almost certain it applies to anything you sell at a significant price.
It can't be something silly because that just shows negligence from the buyer, which is referred to as "buyer beware".
If it's something that the buyer can not have thought to know otherwise and the seller didn't disclose, it is the seller's fault.
To be honest, I can't even think of a good example because it's a grey area.

I'm sure searching it up on google would explain it better than I can. I haven't reviewed this stuff in a few years now.

This is what I found as the first thing on google, pretty good explanation:

Buyer beware legal definition of Buyer beware. Buyer beware synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:57 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
I do all my own maintenance, so the only reason the car might ever go to the deal is for any warranty work. Does lack of a dealer's service history mean my car wasn't maintained?

If the oil was truly never changed in that time period there would be other signs. Could possibly see sludge build up where the oil filler is. The rest of the fluids would look nasty, brakes/tires would be quite worn. The whole car would have an uncared for appearance.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:09 PM
IMTASE

Originally Posted by Black Betty
^^^ This ^^^.

They can't tell that it is the original filter. They don't put "special" ones on at the factory that are different than the OEM filters you buy. I seriously doubt that there is any way to tell for a fact that it is the original factory fill. I bought my car new in 07 and the only dealership maintenance records it has are the first several free oil changes they gave me, a couple TSBs, and a fuel gauge warranty repair. In their records, my oil hasn't been changed since '08. I would have loved to have seen a UOA for this 35,000 mile oil. And it would be very educational for us all if this engine were broken down so we could see exactly what it looks like inside. That would be cool. If it actually looks any different than any of ours.
The part # on the actual filter is different from the oem replacement one.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by IMTASE
The part # on the actual filter is different from the oem replacement one.
Do you mean the part number on the original filter that the car is delivered with is different than the OEM Nissan filter that you buy from the dealership? What's the part number on the factory filter? Got a photo of it?
Old 08-08-2012, 02:41 PM
IMTASE

The factory installed filter is 15208 65F0B and the replacements are 15208 65F0C. The B are made in Japan and the C are made in China.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:07 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IMTASE
The factory installed filter is 15208 65F0B and the replacements are 15208 65F0C. The B are made in Japan and the C are made in China.
While it may be true they are made in China, which almost everything is today, 15208 65F0C is just the newest revision.
Nissan has gone through 65F00, 65F01, 65F0A, 65F0B, and now 65F0C since the beginning of this filter.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:08 PM
chairman25

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Get rid of that car. You were duped. No one ever checked the oil? Who does that? Even a leased car should have regular maintenance. Sheesh.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:13 PM
DashKid
Banned

Kinda like what BB said and like I said earlier this would be very hard to prove that it had no oil change done within the 35k without getting the oil tested. ]

Who knows he could of bought a perfect condition G with no problems.

As I said before I don't really take the stealership serious. They said I need new Gear Fluid the day after I changed it and said it was going to be 375 to change the gear fluid.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:21 AM
IMTASE

If the motor has sludge, you probably can see it through the oil fill opening and even the underside oil the oil cap will have some.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:21 PM
IMTASE

Originally Posted by tejasg37x
While it may be true they are made in China, which almost everything is today, 15208 65F0C is just the newest revision.
Nissan has gone through 65F00, 65F01, 65F0A, 65F0B, and now 65F0C since the beginning of this filter.
Yes but the factory installed filter is always a different # then the current replacement filter #.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:27 AM
XCoop

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Who buys or leases a $50k car and doesn't spend $50 on an oil change?

If he's willing to take it back, jump on it. Unless as BB said and he is willing to severely discount it low enough to take care of any problems that come up down the road. As neglectful as it is not to have it changed, it may be ok anyway, and you'll come out ahead. If you have a problem, and you do get a huge discount, then you'll have a new motor installed that you can properly take care of and it won't have any miles on it.

It is so irritating to hear stories like this. Maintenance is so much cheaper than repairs.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:56 PM
apexi957

Thanks for the bumping up the thread lol.

UPDATE

We picked up our new car today, 30k for $29k. Fully loaded; Tech, Nav and Sports package.

Car checks out in both CarFax and AutoCheck.

Quick Reply: 35,xxx WITH NO OIL CHANGE. WHAT DO NOW?