Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Exhaust for GTM TT kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Elperuano

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Exhaust for GTM TT kit

For all the 37's out there with the GTM TT kits I'm curious as to what exhaust set-uP u guys r using. How many have went with the GTM 3" exhaust or have gone another route?
Old 09-09-2012, 04:28 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Elperuano
For all the 37's out there with the GTM TT kits I'm curious as to what exhaust set-uP u guys r using. How many have went with the GTM 3" exhaust or have gone another route?
I still have the same prototype Fast Intentions exhaust on my sedan and they continue to work fine on my HR-TT.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Ark exhaust with berk hfc.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:54 AM
warpeacelove

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Modme
Ark exhaust with berk hfc.
So do you think that the Ark Exhaust setup with Berk TP is better than F.I. non-resonated test pies + Ark Exhaust?

Which Forced induction application benefits the most from the setup aforementioned above ? SC or TT
Old 09-09-2012, 10:45 AM
wattles
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by warpeacelove
So do you think that the Ark Exhaust setup with Berk TP is better than F.I. non-resonated test pies + Ark Exhaust?

Which Forced induction application benefits the most from the setup aforementioned above ? SC or TT
Remember bigger isn't always best. If you are ONLY looking for highest WHP numbers get a beg fat exhaust system with test pipes. If you want to have higher torque and therefore quicker acceleration with that shove in the back, then you need to be concerned with flow velocity.
Sometimes a smaller (2.5 inch) diameter exhaust is better than a 3 inch or larger exhaust. Depending on the amount of power you are going for in your setup.
I have approximately 500 Whp (a little more) and got a little higher WHP numbers but lower torque numbers with big exhaust. After installing 2.5 inch exhaust my torque went up significantly and I sacrificed about 15 WHP. That is a trade I was very willing to make. I am much more concerned with acceleration on the street than my overall WHP.

I have Fast Intentions 2.5 inch exhaust.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:40 AM
warpeacelove

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by wattles
Remember bigger isn't always best. If you are ONLY looking for highest WHP numbers get a beg fat exhaust system with test pipes. If you want to have higher torque and therefore quicker acceleration with that shove in the back, then you need to be concerned with flow velocity.
Sometimes a smaller (2.5 inch) diameter exhaust is better than a 3 inch or larger exhaust. Depending on the amount of power you are going for in your setup.
I have approximately 500 Whp (a little more) and got a little higher WHP numbers but lower torque numbers with big exhaust. After installing 2.5 inch exhaust my torque went up significantly and I sacrificed about 15 WHP. That is a trade I was very willing to make. I am much more concerned with acceleration on the street than my overall WHP.

I have Fast Intentions 2.5 inch exhaust.

The ARK Dual GRIP exhaust has a "2.5" OD Mandrel. So I guess I should have some decent TQ numbers. I just don't know how the Fast Intentions TP will effect performance?
Old 09-09-2012, 12:54 PM
SharpByCoop

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
2.5" ARK Grip exhaust with GTM test pipes. Softly stealth and strong.

elperuano, you like it loud. The GTM pipes will deliver that.

Coop
Old 09-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Elperuano

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I went with GTM 3" downpipes and the 3" exhaust. Not very many options and I didn't have time for a custom exhaust. I've seen a fellow member with this set-up and it worked out very well for him. High hp and good torque also. Car is about done, tuning this Saturday. I'll let u guys know how it those
The following users liked this post:
Mkai0 (07-04-2013)