Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Broke Down

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
OK I am not messing anymore LOL, Just wanted to get some vids for you guys, I have been driving the wifes car, The thing about the SC is something my tuner said also after looking at the vids I sent him. I also looked around some more this morning and found SC fluid all over the back of the SC and engine bay, Drivers side, The fluid was a milky colored, So car is off the the dealer tomorrow AM, Costly better not be, Been on the car for 5 months, Warrenty..

TOWER, It starts blurping at 1800 at clears up and starts again at 2800 or so, The throttle pulls it self back also,

Thanx Weiboy
Now this kinda make sense as to why it didn't threw a CEL. I have an advice for you. Ask your dealer to check your spark plugs along the way because this event may foul your plugs. If its possible change them out too.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:36 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Thanx man deffinitly will ,
Old 07-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Sorry about your unfortunate happenstance. Hopefully it won't be something major.

Good luck to you sir.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:01 AM
Adam West
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Kinda sounds similar to what happened when my Maf got wet with water on my old Altima. The CAI filter got pretty soaked during a bad rainstorm enough droplets fouled up the MAF causing it to go into a limp mode on the way home. Couldn't rev above 3000 and was like hitting a rev limiter, had to keep shifting real early.

Dried out the Maf using some Maf cleaner and all was well after that.

Maybe your SC dumped oil back into the intake...
Old 07-09-2012, 08:51 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Thanx guys, We'll see what happens car was on Flat bed going to the dealer as I left for work, Gotta love roadside ASST, Took only 25 mins for them to come and pick up the car.
Called the dealer talk to the service manager( Guy I dealer with all the time). An let him know it was on the way, should have some info today.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:45 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Ok, So I/we will not know anything till sometime on Wendsday, Dealer called me a little while ago to tell me the car arrived ok but the tech that works on my car is out till then on Vaca. , I will be going to get a loaner in the next day or two.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:53 AM
DashKid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm this sounds very similar to what happened to my friends S/C (vortex) 35. He cleaned this TB's and he said everything was good. You might want to try to clean the TB
Old 07-09-2012, 11:30 AM
timp
Premier Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Good call on the contaminated MAF, the oil around the SC is suspect for sure.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:36 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Well talked to Stillen just know, Was looking into something eles with them. An talked to them about the issue, He told me sounds like the seal went. Warrenty will cover it.. First thing he asked was "When did you change change the Fluid".. Glad I'm **** about those things, Is said Change it 2500 for the first change and them 7500 after that , Only changed it once The 2500 miles service( March) this year. So I am good,.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:39 PM
timp
Premier Member

Gotta like warrenty
Old 07-14-2012, 01:16 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Well just got back from the dealer and the car is apart, Fuel pump was fine injectors are fine, MAF's are fine .NO CELs but the car is still making no boost and is SUPER lean,Tech said something like 149 ALFs?? should be 90-109. So Super Charger is off to Stillen on Monday, He also did tell me he say all the fluid in the engine bay.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:55 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
dude. that sux ballz. I'm sorry to hear you're car is on the operating table...but I'm glad that warranty will cover the SC. I would still be afraid of what the bill will be from the dealership. At least you got a loaner from them...that's always the nice thing about Infiniti dealers, you're never left without a car. Good luck to you and the car!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead
dude. that sux ballz. I'm sorry to hear you're car is on the operating table...but I'm glad that warranty will cover the SC. I would still be afraid of what the bill will be from the dealership. At least you got a loaner from them...that's always the nice thing about Infiniti dealers, you're never left without a car. Good luck to you and the car!
Yeas sux big time, Only been a week and miss the car all ready, LOL Probaly wont have it back to the end of the month

No bill from the dealer either, They installed it and warrentied it also. Along with my drivetrain warretny was untouched.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:23 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Ok so heres the story, The Milky white fluid I told everyone I saw is exactly what Stillen saw, But that means there was WATER in the the SC, FN really how I asked." The vent hole on top of the SC is open, Just a open hole , Not a pressure release or anything just frigging open hole. Some how I got water in it and I PAY!!! Has to be rebuilt, Not really sure how that would happen either way but it is just that Water in it not defective, I have to pay to rebuild it.. They are getting a price on the rebuild now from Vortech, Well see tho how they handle it
Old 07-30-2012, 02:38 PM
timp
Premier Member

ANMVQ, does that mean that everyone running the Stillen Kit has an open hole on the SC? Anybody washing their engine with water better beware. You would think that Stillen would put a warning about the openning?

Quick Reply: Help Broke Down