Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

DS & Manual Mode Lost / Hijacked

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 02:41 AM
Reno-ID-Doc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DS & Manual Mode Lost / Hijacked

Hi, guys.

I have a 2009 G37X Sedan. Never had any major problems with it. Drives good. However, these past few days, I have "lost" my DS & manual shift mode.

When you move the console shifter to DS from D, the transmission indicator in the dashboard still shows "D", and tapping it to + or - does not trigger anything. It remains in "D", and the car drives in the D mode.

No problem with shifting to N, R, or P.

Turning off the car, and restarting seems to bring back the DS mode temporarily. After few (2 or 3 times) shifting to DS from D, the whole problem comes back.

Frustrating issue at all. I'll bring the attention to my dealer service advisor. However, before I do, I just wanted to see in the forum if anyone had similar problem like this.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:13 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
This seems to happen to everyone eventually.

If you are still under warranty, the dealer will be replacing your shifter assembly. If you are out of warranty, the part by itself will be around $300.

Replacing it yourself is very easy as long as you can get under your car to disconnect the link between the shifter assembly and the transmission. It took me about an hour using ramps to raise my car.

Originally Posted by Reno-ID-Doc
Hi, guys.

I have a 2009 G37X Sedan. Never had any major problems with it. Drives good. However, these past few days, I have "lost" my DS & manual shift mode.

When you move the console shifter to DS from D, the transmission indicator in the dashboard still shows "D", and tapping it to + or - does not trigger anything. It remains in "D", and the car drives in the D mode.

No problem with shifting to N, R, or P.

Turning off the car, and restarting seems to bring back the DS mode temporarily. After few (2 or 3 times) shifting to DS from D, the whole problem comes back.

Frustrating issue at all. I'll bring the attention to my dealer service advisor. However, before I do, I just wanted to see in the forum if anyone had similar problem like this.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:14 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Take it to the dealer, I had the same issue a while back and they replaced a sensor that fixed the issue
Old 07-02-2012, 04:10 AM
Reno-ID-Doc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Will do.