Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

GTM stage 2 SC installed & question about stroker kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 12:23 PM
eealessa
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile GTM stage 2 SC installed & question about stroker kit

Hi guys…
First of all I want to thank each one of you guys, this form and its members have been a great help. Special thanks to Sam and mike @GTM.

Long story short iv contact sam@GTM about the stage 2 SC for my vert and iv installed it, there were no parts missing, everything fit perfectly except minor things and its nothing, the only issue with GTM it the TIME yes they are very busy. everything else is very good.

I did the install myself along with my brother and a friend. I have all the tools and I purchase the lift 3.5t from an auction with a good price specially for this project.

Tell now I had 3000km with the kit, I haven’t install the mith yet and I was planning to rebuild the 7AT so it can handle the power along with other mods, LSD, exhaust, suspension, and another things. but suddenly and for unknown reason the engine blowout. I am in the process of lowering the engine and open it up, but for shore I am gone need a small block, so what do you think guys, 4.2 or 4.5 ? I don’t know about the heads yet, any other opinion.

thank you guys in advance, and if there any question please ask.

Here some pic of the installation process, there is some videos at the end, It’s not edited yet so it may be out of order:
Old 06-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Legz
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yikes another blown engine:s how much whp/tq were you running?
Old 06-21-2012, 12:57 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Damn man sorry, Liked the VID tho was really good, If I had to guess on WHP and WTQ , 440 WHP and 350 WTQ. What happened. You running their can tune or did you get a custom tune?
Sorry

Oh 4.2, The STG2 SC on the 4.2 is making like 800HP.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:06 PM
eealessa
Registered Member

the engine blown when i was in the way to a dyno run, but I did a test with a friend have C63 and it was close until 180km the C63 pass the G
Old 06-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh damn!

Q's! Did you do some datalogging and send the info back to GTM or did you just flashed the tune and drove it like you stole it? There's gotta be more to it other than a simple word saying it just blew up. I'm sure there's more to it so pls share!

Edit! Just saw your post. Was it flashed with Sam's tune?
Old 06-21-2012, 01:32 PM
eealessa
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Damn man sorry, Liked the VID tho was really good, If I had to guess on WHP and WTQ , 440 WHP and 350 WTQ. What happened. You running their can tune or did you get a custom tune?
Sorry

Oh 4.2, The STG2 SC on the 4.2 is making like 800HP.
i don't think iv passed 400whp
the c63 was doing 365whp on dynojet
the comparison not an accurate of course

and the tune was from GTM
Old 06-21-2012, 01:40 PM
eealessa
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
Oh damn!

Q's! Did you do some datalogging and send the info back to GTM or did you just flashed the tune and drove it like you stole it? There's gotta be more to it other than a simple word saying it just blew up. I'm sure there's more to it so pls share!

Edit! Just saw your post. Was it flashed with Sam's tune?
flash it with gtm tune, the car was a little rich, after 500km datalog, then send it back to gtm, 2nd tune from gtm, good but still a little rich,
all the parameters were in safe side.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow. That's weird!
Old 06-21-2012, 01:52 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Wow! Sorry to hear man and 7asal khair

I think the 4.5 would be an overkill with all the TQ it'd make, 4.2 and rev away
Old 06-21-2012, 02:08 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by eealessa
i don't think iv passed 400whp
the c63 was doing 365whp on dynojet
the comparison not an accurate of course

and the tune was from GTM
Yea when I read your post that he C63 walk on you I knew something was up, Really something was up casue now you have no, ... Can tunes from anyone are not safe IMO. I did not even drive mine hard till I got tuned. Was hard but I kept telling myself to go fast now is not worth losing it later
Old 06-21-2012, 04:54 PM
theaudir8fan

OP, sorry to hear, best of luck to you.

Altho my stage 2 didn't have such a easy time with a C63 either, it's about level with my G gaining a bit by bit, it certainly isn't a easy kill
Old 06-21-2012, 05:28 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Another thing you have to keep in mind is that the OP is in Saudi Arabia, where the temps must've been way over 45 degrees celcius. Mate that to a boosted high compression engine and it's a recipe for disaster.

Was the GTM tune you got the generic one or a custom made for you?
Old 06-21-2012, 06:22 PM
eealessa
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
Wow. That's weird!
yes it is will never know untel checking the internals

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Wow! Sorry to hear man and 7asal khair

I think the 4.5 would be an overkill with all the TQ it'd make, 4.2 and rev away
its ok with FI you have take it with smile and start thinking about solution al7md lallah
do you have more info about the stroker?

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Yea when I read your post that he C63 walk on you I knew something was up, Really something was up casue now you have no, ... Can tunes from anyone are not safe IMO. I did not even drive mine hard till I got tuned. Was hard but I kept telling myself to go fast now is not worth losing it later
i never think about a tune rather than GTM tune and i will never do.
at the 1st 500km my limit was 3000RPM

Originally Posted by theaudir8fan
OP, sorry to hear, best of luck to you.

Altho my stage 2 didn't have such a easy time with a C63 either, it's about level with my G gaining a bit by bit, it certainly isn't a easy kill
the C63 have a good gear ratio and its light weight but if you have the 92bully or lower with GTM SC stage2 the C63 will have no chance

Another thing you have to keep in mind is that the OP is in Saudi Arabia, where the temps must've been way over 45 degrees celcius. Mate that to a boosted high compression engine and it's a recipe for disaster.

with GTM 70mm radiator and oil cooler i never have over heat issu unless the car idling and the AC is on(need beger fans). when moving (daily driving) the water temp goes as low as 87C when the outside temp was 49C. this is lower than stock!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Sam@GTM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Every tune we send out is catered 100% to the environment the car will be driven in and the octane fuel that will be used.

This particular vehicle did get a conservative tune knowing the severe environment. Also, Ebrahem requested the smallest size pulley we offer, so we supplied him with a 96mm pulley to break in the car and make sure that everything is OK and a 92mm pulley per his request.

Some of the logs had some crazy high air intake temperature readings. So I asked him what the ambient temperature was. It was around 50 degrees Celsius (122 degrees Fahrenheit). At that point, I told him that it wouldn't really make a difference with injecting water/methanol in the intercooler piping, because it will evaporate so fast. I recommended going with direct port injection to even have a chance. Unfortunately, his engine blew before he had a chance to install the water/methanol injection system.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Sam@GTM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by eealessa
Hi guys…
First of all I want to thank each one of you guys, this form and its members have been a great help. Special thanks to Sam and mike @GTM.

Long story short iv contact sam@GTM about the stage 2 SC for my vert and iv installed it, there were no parts missing, everything fit perfectly except minor things and its nothing, the only issue with GTM it the TIME yes they are very busy. everything else is very good.

I did the install myself along with my brother and a friend. I have all the tools and I purchase the lift 3.5t from an auction with a good price specially for this project.

Tell now I had 3000km with the kit, I haven’t install the mith yet and I was planning to rebuild the 7AT so it can handle the power along with other mods, LSD, exhaust, suspension, and another things. but suddenly and for unknown reason the engine blowout. I am in the process of lowering the engine and open it up, but for shore I am gone need a small block, so what do you think guys, 4.2 or 4.5 ? I don’t know about the heads yet, any other opinion.

thank you guys in advance, and if there any question please ask.

Here some pic of the installation process, there is some videos at the end, It’s not edited yet so it may be out of order:
2010 G37 vert GTM Stg 2 SC - YouTube

Ebrahem,

I commend you for being such a good sport and starting the thread with a smile. It is an unfortunate situation and I wish it had never happened. Unfortunately, the risk of boosting a stock engine can be minimized, but never be eliminated. I'm sorry that you had to go through this unpleasant experience.

Wow, racing a C63 at 186km/hr in a convertible? You've got ***** man! We're here for you, let me know what your plans are so we can assist you to get back up and running.

Sam

Quick Reply: GTM stage 2 SC installed & question about stroker kit