Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

UK G37 gets 36.2 MPG

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 01:08 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I don't know what they are teaching you where you go to school, but Texas is the top oil producing and refining state and has been since 1911. By a lot. Then North Dakota, Alaska, California, Oklahoma, ... Anyway, that's only part of the reason for cheaper gas, it's a lot more complicated than where it's pulled from the ground and refined. I work in the industry. Kind of.

The price of gasoline is going down nationwide and has been for well over a month. Im guessing the Obama haters are pissed about that because if he's to blame for it being high then he must be given credit for the price going down, right? I'm going to just enjoy it while it lasts, I don't think it will continue to fall much longer and it will of course creep back up soon like it continually does. Overall we have it much better than most of the world with he exception of huge exporters and states with subsidies like Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, and other OEPC states. In Europe the majority of us on this forum would not be able to afford to drive this car due to fuel prices. Maybe there'd be fewer crappy mods.

BB, true statements...we in the USA have actually been spoiled with low gas prices compared to the rest of the world.
If you look at the historic price of gas in the USA adjusted for inflation we are paying about the same as we did in 1981.

Compare that with the inflation of everything else we purchase...how about the cars we buy that use that cheap gas?

Last edited by tejasg37x; 06-14-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:16 PM
cribbsjy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DashKid
HA! Cheaper here in Dallas. $3.42 for 93 at Cheveron =).

Well the living cost in the EC and WC is way more expensive than the south. Also another big reason is that TX is the number 2 state in the nation in producing oil. Number 1 is Louisiana, Number 3 is Alaska.

Based on where the oil comes from the state has to pay a transportation fee to the supplier of the oil/gas. So hence why LA, TX have one of the cheapest gas prices in the nation. Learned that from an economy book I was reading last week.
Virginia resident here (not Northern Virginia). I pay $3.23 for 93 octane at Sheetz. Which means, when I use my Sheetz card, I pay $3.20 ($0.03 off per gallon with the FREE Sheetz card).

If I have at least 100 points on my Martin's Grocery card, I go there for gas. $0.10 off per gallon per 100 points on my card. Currently, I have 200 points, so 20c off per gallon on my next fill-up aka $3.00 per gallon! Woot!
Old 06-15-2012, 04:00 PM
MaDMaXX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try living on the west coast, then having the major west coast refineries all going down at the same time, watch the gas go crazy. Costco is about $4.10/gallon here for premium

And yes, Imperial gallon vs the yanky gallon, it's about 20% smaller here in the US. Also, the MPG rating in each country, other than inefficiencies in fuel (lower sulpher in the UK) Is that there is so much stop start and idling here. The UK has a 'yield' sign where we have Stop signs and there are far less traffic lights in comparison.

The difference it has on economy, esp when you do combined urban/extra urban or whatever they call it now, means you'll get a better number (from the manufacturers) in the UK than here.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:46 PM
eVitO

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
LOL $4.40 for 91 in SoCal. On a good day.

Screw you guys.