Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Building a 1000 HP G37

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 10:01 AM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

Received 406 Likes on 400 Posts
Originally Posted by PerformedG37
so adding a new Tranny will give me more HP?
Old 03-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Fentress24

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
here we go again....
Old 03-22-2012, 12:00 PM
TimG37x
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Again...
Old 03-22-2012, 12:01 PM
SharpByCoop

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
Right now, knowing what I know and doing what I've done, if I could start anew, I would buy a GTR. And that would be only to contain 600whp.

From only what I have read so far, you are in WAYYYY over your head. Swim quickly to shore.

Coop
Old 03-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Fentress24
here we go again....
Originally Posted by TimG37x
Again...
Surprised someone is discussing something discussed a hundred times before?

pleas select one of the following:

Fail: The Hitchhiker | Obscure Internet
Old 03-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
If you want to build a 1000 HP G37, you should do a lot of reading before you post. Meanwhile get yourself a reliable second car if you don't already have one. It's not a luxury or a maybe, it's an absolute necessity. But if you want a 1000 HP G I'm sure you already have a DD as you are aware that you won't be able to street the car very often if at all. Next, read up on the platform's strengths, limitations, and shortcomings. Then read every single tread in this forum about those who have installed FI on this car. Their successes and failures. Every one. Then do the same on other forums from 350Z, 370Z, and G35 owners. Then read some more. Then PM those guys and pick their brains with intelligent questions. Most guys who are FI will be more than happy to share their experience with you. Bug them until you get annoying. Then find people near you who have a FI G/Z. Get to know them and see and experience their car in person. See what their 400 - 600 HP is like and how difficult it can be. Then try to determine if you think it's feasible or even possible, with your budget and experience to undertake a build like this and expect an extra 400-600 HP than what's been done. Then go to the best shop in your area and talk to them about your idea and get their input.

Then come back and update this thread with your progress on what will be the most powerful and awesome V36 on earth.

Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Tye1 (11-27-2013)
Old 03-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
If you want to build a 1000 HP G37, you should do a lot of reading before you post. Meanwhile get yourself a reliable second car if you don't already have one. It's not a luxury or a maybe, it's an absolute necessity. But if you want a 1000 HP G I'm sure you already have a DD as you are aware that you won't be able to street the car very often if at all. Next, read up on the platform's strengths, limitations, and shortcomings. Then read every single tread in this forum about those who have installed FI on this car. Their successes and failures. Every one. Then do the same on other forums from 350Z, 370Z, and G35 owners. Then read some more. Then PM those guys and pick their brains with intelligent questions. Most guys who are FI will be more than happy to share their experience with you. Bug them until you get annoying. Then find people near you who have a FI G/Z. Get to know them and see and experience their car in person. See what their 400 - 600 HP is like and how difficult it can be. Then try to determine if you think it's feasible or even possible, with your budget and experience to undertake a build like this and expect an extra 400-600 HP than what's been done. Then go to the best shop in your area and talk to them about your idea and get their input.

Then come back and update this thread with your progress on what will be the most powerful and awesome V36 on earth.

Good luck.

/ Thread! Come back in a few months but good luck and it would be great to see it done so I hope you find the knowledge for this along the way and can afford the final price tag and continual maintenance of this build.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:09 PM
PerformedG37
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just joined this forum so there is no need to be rude about it I will get this done just to shut up the majority of you haha
Old 03-22-2012, 11:45 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
I just joined this forum so there is no need to be rude about it I will get this done just to shut up the majority of you haha
I don't think anyone is intentionally trying to make you feel unwelcome here. This is actually a pretty good forum with some solid, respectable members. That said, it is often that someone new appears for a few weeks or even a month or so and declares that they are going to build a G that will "decimate all." The reality is that these people know little to nothing about modifying their cars. I don't believe people are accusing you of not knowing what you are doing, but 1000HP on our car is a colossal undertaking. I think everyone is simply, and understandably, skeptical given the questions you are asking about how to achieve these numbers. That said, I wish you the best of luck.

But please do not invest your time and [A LOT OF] money into a build "just to shut up the majority" of a bunch of strangers. Do it because you are up to the challenge and because you want the highest horsepower G ever built.
The following users liked this post:
JayStew (04-18-2021)
Old 03-23-2012, 07:28 AM
PerformedG37
Banned

^ Very true, Thank you
Old 03-23-2012, 01:25 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
I don't think anyone is intentionally trying to make you feel unwelcome here. This is actually a pretty good forum with some solid, respectable members. That said, it is often that someone new appears for a few weeks or even a month or so and declares that they are going to build a G that will "decimate all." The reality is that these people know little to nothing about modifying their cars. I don't believe people are accusing you of not knowing what you are doing, but 1000HP on our car is a colossal undertaking. I think everyone is simply, and understandably, skeptical given the questions you are asking about how to achieve these numbers. That said, I wish you the best of luck.

But please do not invest your time and [A LOT OF] money into a build "just to shut up the majority" of a bunch of strangers. Do it because you are up to the challenge and because you want the highest horsepower G ever built.

Couldnt have said it better, Plus one of those solid, respectable members speaking. . 1000HP on out car is just not smart IMO. I know you may want something that no one has, But cost wise not effective, buy a GTR and spend less to make more WHP.. Just my .02..
Old 03-23-2012, 01:35 PM
PerformedG37
Banned

Can't lie it would be an amazing car and go down In G history haha. We will see how it goes
Old 03-23-2012, 01:45 PM
G37HKS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1000 WHP on RWD? so thats more like 1100 on brake hp.

Im not sure why you would want that power on a chasis that was "NOT" made to handle that power.. you will spin like a btch fish..

Im on 460 HP and i barely handle the car at 1st gear.... you want fast car? buy a car that can handle it.. going over 500 WHP on a rwd is a waste of power IMO.. all you'll do is spin spin spin spin..

4WD is different story..
Old 03-23-2012, 08:22 PM
SharpByCoop

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
Question

Alright so i found a F/I 1000 whp twin turbo .....
OK, why don't you tell us what turbo kit you found. Very few 1000 whp manufacturers would do this. Or is it a previously built kit?

If you want the respect you are asking for, then talk facts. We'll listen.

What did you have before? An Evo or a Subi or....? I had a 10 second street Subi I sold, so I could drive the G37. It's not the same.

Maxworkxracing is building a 1200whp capable engine on this forum, and it will be for drag only usage. Here's the link.

Still not finished.

G37Stampa started his 800whp goal thread in much the same way as you, and delivered on a strong 650whp number to date. (Still 150 whp short of the title, as we speak.) He earned our respect.

Lastly, what's your endgame: Do you have drag strip aspirations? Experience in this arena? Or do you just want the biggest and baddest whp G37? That's OK, too.

Hard questions. I'm listening.

Coop
Old 03-23-2012, 08:52 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by JimmiesG
1000 WHP on RWD? so thats more like 1100 on brake hp.

Im not sure why you would want that power on a chasis that was "NOT" made to handle that power.. you will spin like a btch fish..

Im on 460 HP and i barely handle the car at 1st gear.... you want fast car? buy a car that can handle it.. going over 500 WHP on a rwd is a waste of power IMO.. all you'll do is spin spin spin spin..

4WD is different story..
I dunno about this.. plenty of 1000hp Vipers, Vettes and Stangs & old school muscle cars making amazing times RWD.

And a lot of those cars are now "stock" over 460hp RWD and handle just fine in 1st gear, maybe it's your G.

Quick Reply: Building a 1000 HP G37