Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

2011 G37x Sport Flare Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 02:35 PM
MikesG37xSport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 2011 G37x Sport Flare Issues

I've had my G for < 60 days and I'm sad to say, I'm not happy . My 08 G35x drove and performed much better. I'm disappointed with the 7 speed AT and the driver adapting feature . How long does it take to adjust to my driving, Thoughts?

From what I've read, a lot of G drivers are experiencing the similar/ the same issues . I've filed a complaint with Safecar.gov and am registered for recalls, updates and/ or bulletins regarding the engines performance; particularly the tranny.

I'm going to the dealership to have the adaptability "reset" so it can "relearn" my driving. This isn't what I was expecting and from my understanding, it's a problem with other 7 and 8 speed tranny's (I don't see the need for more than 6 speeds on a car). I loved my G35x but this 37x isn't fun to drive like I expected.

For those of you who are feeling the same lagging, delayed acceleration's/ decelerations, braking and pick-up, what are you/ have you done to counter the problem ? I doubt resetting is going to correct the problem because it's more complex because it just means the "learning mode" is starting over. They tell me
to drive "aggresively" -which I already do so, what next?
Old 11-14-2011, 02:57 PM
OB G

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
First off, you don't need to bring the car to the dealership. There's a DIY on the forums to reset the ECU.

Secondly, I have zero issues with lagging. Only thing I can think of for advice would be to drive it in manual mode for a little while so the ECU can learn your driving style.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:20 PM
The Jewbag

lolwut

More gears = less lag........
Old 11-14-2011, 05:55 PM
devil2k
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MikesG37xSport

For those of you who are feeling the same lagging, delayed acceleration's/ decelerations, braking and pick-up, what are you/ have you done to counter the problem ?
Pedal to the metal. Take control of the shifting.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:16 AM
rijc99

Drive it like a rental car and it'll adapt really quick. OR if you want, I'd be more than happy to do it for you.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:34 AM
zoner

no flare on mine. reset is good advice.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:35 AM
Mike S.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How can folks reset the TCU? Thats what I would like to do.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MikesG37xSport
I've had my G for < 60 days and I'm sad to say, I'm not happy . My 08 G35x drove and performed much better. I'm disappointed with the 7 speed AT and the driver adapting feature . How long does it take to adjust to my driving, Thoughts?

From what I've read, a lot of G drivers are experiencing the similar/ the same issues . I've filed a complaint with Safecar.gov and am registered for recalls, updates and/ or bulletins regarding the engines performance; particularly the tranny.

I'm going to the dealership to have the adaptability "reset" so it can "relearn" my driving. This isn't what I was expecting and from my understanding, it's a problem with other 7 and 8 speed tranny's (I don't see the need for more than 6 speeds on a car). I loved my G35x but this 37x isn't fun to drive like I expected.

For those of you who are feeling the same lagging, delayed acceleration's/ decelerations, braking and pick-up, what are you/ have you done to counter the problem ? I doubt resetting is going to correct the problem because it's more complex because it just means the "learning mode" is starting over. They tell me
to drive "aggresively" -which I already do so, what next?
wow, another member with a 7AT Gripe.... Check out the threads. The posts that followed yours Mike, are apparently some "lucky" souls that experience this issue. Or they certainly didn't drive the 07 G35X.

Anyway, JEWBAG is wring More Gears DON"T equal Less Lag... I've driven a few of the recent model cars with 6, 7 and even 8 gear Auto Trannies...They all demonstrate that L A G G I N G !!! The G37X varies under different circumstances, more or less lagging at different times....Very Strange.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Mike S.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I recorded the "flare" again on my phone last night. if you guys prod me I'll add it to youtube.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:09 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
There are a lot of threads on the 7AT lag. I think a recent post in "things I hate about my G" explained the fuel saving effects of having high gears and being in the higher gears will give you a lag. I've use the hypertech sports programmer, again, more threads on that and it helps with the 7AT. However for dyno performance it definitely reduces horse power I've found.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:38 AM
NCHIINFMNGR

read what i wrote on one of the past posts about the 7at, inf recoginizes these issues and continulessly(prob spelled wrong) makes updates for these 7at trans. Their engineering dept knows what is going on, its going to take some time for them to come up with a fix, ill let u guys know if one comes out