Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

after changing water pump and gasket due overheat help plz

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 05:05 PM
who4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation after changing water pump and gasket due overheat help plz

I just get overheat 2 weeks back . After I take car to workshop they said that I have to change water pump, thermostat and head gasket (they check head pressure and they said its fine no need to replace)
3 days after I take car from workshop I experienced overhead again up to 50% as my car is GCC spec and normally gauge is on second line from down. But this time it was little crazy
the gauge was going up and down so fast like with seconds down and again up
I send the car to workshop again and after three days they said everything is fine and no problem is there
I take car and everything was normal till 3 day
Temp gauge again goes up till 50% . I switch of the car for 2hrs and start again and drive it gauge again go’s up but this time up to 75% I just pull over but I heard something like poooof (it was like noise if water flow or steam ) after that noise gauge come down within 1 second to normal level
I drive car again (I have video below from this moment) till car stop moving  and no more starting

watch below link please
G35 crazy temp - YouTube

I open de hood and saw there is housing pipe which go from engine side to body ( sorry I don’t know what is exactly name of that pipe ) it’s totally cut/broken from middle
I take car to same workshop when they open the engine. First they mechanic guy was totally impressed for broken pipe he said to me this pipe is so heavy duty and he never saw before like this
Anyway after 2 days they said to me that cylinder block has to be changed because of damage (ref to below pics )

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ok guys this is pic of damage on gasket and the pipe which is broken

this is part which conect to body \

I ask them way this happened and they saying coz your injector was not injecting properly and it was injecting direct to that point coz it was dirty or.. This damage its happened
But im not believing that I want to blame them coz I believe they did something wrong during changing my gasket and water pump

Can someone help me with that plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by who4ever; 10-27-2011 at 11:01 AM. Reason: udating pics
Old 10-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
That damage is NOT caused by a dirty injector or anything to do with your injectors period. It seems that the shop did poor work and damaged your car.

Can you give better information on the pipe from engine side to body that you are talking about? Photos would help.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:47 PM
who4ever

Originally Posted by Black Betty
That damage is NOT caused by a dirty injector or anything to do with your injectors period. It seems that the shop did poor work and damaged your car.

Can you give better information on the pipe from engine side to body that you are talking about? Photos would help.
ill take pic and upload it soon
Old 10-27-2011, 12:41 AM
advan37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I doubt that you have issue with coolant circulation , i had the same problem before.
You should check all coolant lines which is going through the head maybe blocked or something.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:11 AM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
OMG! Can you guys not hear that car knocking like crazy!! ...i bet the first time you overheated it, you warped the heads. Who knows if it was bad enough that you were getting coolant into the oil. I hope someone checked and did an oil change after work was done. PLUS, allowing it to get up to those temps again is not good. Aluminum doesn't take much like the old cast iron heads. ...I don't really have an explanation why/what the hose blew without more info or pics, but I guarantee you blew your motor from the information, and sound.

Another odd point is you said they did the water pump, thermostat, and head gasket. A head gasket is NOT a normal part of water pump replacement. Also, if the head gasket was replaced, the head was taken off and there is a good chance they could have messed something up there, especially with the VVEL

As BB said, NONE of this has anything to do with dirty injectors. It was a downhill spiral from overheating in the first place.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:02 AM
who4ever

thanks guys im looking for more details and reason

new photos updated
Old 10-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

I'm guessing here.

Perhaps when changing out your parts they did not refill the coolant properly. That would explain the overheating issue. Our engine is very sensitive to air pockets in the coolant. You must bleed all of the air out of the coolant when refilling. It's in the service manual in the procedures on flushing and refilling the cooling system. I have a friend with a 1st generation G and when he had his cooling system flushed and refilled by a shop they didn't bleed all of the air out of the system. He had issues with overheating and asked me about it. I told him that they probably didn't bleed the air out properly. When he went back and they did this it fixed the problem.

You might ask them if they bled all of the air out of the cooling system when refilling it. Of course they will say they did. Ask them to show you from where they bled the air out. If they can't, then they didn't do it and they are lying to you. There are 2 places, one at the top of the radiator on the back side is pretty easy to find. The second one is less obvious. It's from an air relief plug on the heater hose on the driver side of the engine near the throttle body.

Good luck.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Ok, I just realized something from rereading your description. When the car made the poof sound you described, that is the moment you lost all of your coolant. That is why the gauge immediately went from hot to cool. Because there was no more coolant in the system to show a temperature. The gauge shows your coolant temp, not your engine temp. If there was a puddle of coolant and water, something external gave out and it leaked out. If there was no puddle, your head gasket gave out and it went inside your engine. Was your oil milky white when they drained it?

As I said, I can't tell you this with 100% certainty, but IMO its pretty clear that they screwed something up while working on your car that caused the overheating. And the overheating caused your engine failure.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:26 PM
who4ever

i don’t know about oil
but you know BB ? i experienced the over head after i take car from them in first time
but the gauge was crazy going up and down 50% - 75% and again 25%
that’s why i send car to them again and they drive it for 60km 3 days my car was there
they said they did air blend and car should be fine

but this thing happen after 2 days
the video its after the poof