Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Uprev tune and Warranty/ Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 02:31 AM
RedEyeZ88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uprev tune and Warranty/ Maintenance

I had a couple questions before I get an Uprev tune. I tried searching but couldn't find the answers. Will the dealer know that I have tuned my car if I ever need to get any warranty work done even if I switch it to my stock tune using the cruise control buttons? Will the tune also effect any maintenance work I get done, meaning like will they ever connect my car to the OBD II port when doing maintenance work and realize that the stock mapping has been altered? I'm asking because I plan to get my service done at the dealers.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:32 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by RedEyeZ88
I had a couple questions before I get an Uprev tune. I tried searching but couldn't find the answers. Will the dealer know that I have tuned my car if I ever need to get any warranty work done even if I switch it to my stock tune using the cruise control buttons? Will the tune also effect any maintenance work I get done, meaning like will they ever connect my car to the OBD II port when doing maintenance work and realize that the stock mapping has been altered? I'm asking because I plan to get my service done at the dealers.
Yes, they will know!!

I bought the cable, the tuner gave me both the stock ROM, and the tuned ROM.

Just this morning, I flashed back to stock, brought it in for the NAV recall, then I cam home and reflashed the tune back.
No issues this way!!

Also, if they (the dealer) ever update you ECU, you lose your license, and have to contact UpRev to see if they will relicense.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:11 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
^ How much did you get a flash cable for? Also, who did you use to tune your car?

@ OP: I have brought my car to the dealer before and they haven't found my tune yet. But yes if they upgrade your software or flash your ECU it will delete you UpRev tune.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:25 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
^ How much did you get a flash cable for? Also, who did you use to tune your car?

@ OP: I have brought my car to the dealer before and they haven't found my tune yet. But yes if they upgrade your software or flash your ECU it will delete you UpRev tune.

Stillen did the tune. 301HP/244TQ fixed the A/F, got rid of the throttle lag.
Intake and exhaust only mods.

I cant reveal the cost publicly.

Do you go to TO Infiniti? They're supercool, I was told the NAV update wouldn't affect my tune but wanted to see if my
10 year old Dell laptop would flash!! (I own too many Macs!!)
Old 10-22-2011, 01:37 PM
GraphiteG37S

^ Yeah I go to TO Infiniti and they've always been super cool. PM me price if you can. I tuned with SpecialtyZ and my tuners super cool too, but would be nice to be able to flash it myself if I could.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:18 PM
RedEyeZ88

Alright,

so what im mainly worried about is i bought the extended warranty/maintanage, and am about to get the sillen v3, as well as the fast intentions catback. I dont want to run lean with that combo, so am choosing to get it tuned. Can you PM me with the price as well, and the cable with some details? If tuning is going to be obvious to infiniti, which i know it will be, im not sure if i should go through with any of those mods then. thanks guys
Old 10-24-2011, 11:11 PM
GraphiteG37S

^ I highly doubt they're gonna void your warranty.. If you're worried about that then just remove the tune before you go to the dealer.

I was worried about that too, been running UpRev for 1.5 yrs and no issues here
Old 10-25-2011, 06:34 PM
RedEyeZ88

so you guys untune with that cable? can you PM me on details? really appreciated
Old 10-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes, you can purchase the cable enabling you to flash the vehicle back and forth. Typically it's purchased from your tuner, and is defined as a "Osiris Standard Service", which comes with the cable, an UpRev license, and a Cipher license enabling you to clear trouble codes, monitor a TON of engine parameters and do datalogging.

You might contact UpRev to see if the standard Cipher cable they sell for $200 (which would be the difference of the Osiris license and Osiris Standard which has the cable), will allow you the ability to flash and unflash the ECU back to stock. If it does, you just need that and you're good to go.

We don't have any of the Cipher-only cables, just the Osiris Standard and Osiris Tuning versions in stock, but if you need help let me know, we can get it..
Old 10-25-2011, 09:26 PM
GraphiteG37S

Originally Posted by Josh@STILLEN
Yes, you can purchase the cable enabling you to flash the vehicle back and forth. Typically it's purchased from your tuner, and is defined as a "Osiris Standard Service", which comes with the cable, an UpRev license, and a Cipher license enabling you to clear trouble codes, monitor a TON of engine parameters and do datalogging.

You might contact UpRev to see if the standard Cipher cable they sell for $200 (which would be the difference of the Osiris license and Osiris Standard which has the cable), will allow you the ability to flash and unflash the ECU back to stock. If it does, you just need that and you're good to go.

We don't have any of the Cipher-only cables, just the Osiris Standard and Osiris Tuning versions in stock, but if you need help let me know, we can get it..
Good info Josh!
Old 10-27-2011, 01:37 PM
RedEyeZ88

Thanks for the info..Im just being extra paranoid. My roommate has a 370, and on his forum they state that the dealer will look for any reason to void warranty...thats why im super worried. He sorta advised against it unless i know 100% that I will be okay warranty and maintenance wise. Does anyone have experience with Infiniti of Riverside? Thats where I would take my car to be serviced/maintenance with engine if anything is wrong.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:32 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
Good info Josh!
...damn good info right there^^^
Old 10-28-2011, 06:05 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Yes, it will.
I pulled my tune (done at Stillen) with the cable (bought at Stillen). License transferred to the cable.
Flashed the tune back license is back with ECU.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Yes, it will.
I pulled my tune (done at Stillen) with the cable (bought at Stillen). License transferred to the cable.
Flashed the tune back license is back with ECU.
Definitely.. you purchased the "Osiris Standard Service" which comes with the cable. The cables are smart, they are actually the key to whether software works or not, which is why UpRev freely distributes the software, you can't do much without their specialized cable.

I just didn't want to throw out that the cable you can buy which only does Cipher did or didn't have the ability to use Osiris to flash and unflash vehicles without UpRev chiming in on that exact part number.

The question is does the Cipher-only cable have the flag to allow transfers via Osiris and store Osiris licenses.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:47 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Definitely.. you purchased the "Osiris Standard Service" which comes with the cable. The cables are smart, they are actually the key to whether software works or not, which is why UpRev freely distributes the software, you can't do much without their specialized cable.

I just didn't want to throw out that the cable you can buy which only does Cipher did or didn't have the ability to use Osiris to flash and unflash vehicles without UpRev chiming in on that exact part number.

The question is does the Cipher-only cable have the flag to allow transfers via Osiris and store Osiris licenses.

You didnt have the cable at the time of the tune, and was sent one the next week.
When you ordered it for me, did you have UpRev send one with Osiris activated??
Or is Osiris always activated, but useless without a license.
The cable saw a license on my ECU, and allowed Osiris to transfer it.

Quick Reply: Uprev tune and Warranty/ Maintenance