Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

GTM stage 1 tt kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Elperuano

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GTM stage 1 tt kit

Very interested in this kit, jus about to pull the trigger. But I'm based down in Florida n ideally I'd love to have GTM tune my car but I might have to find other means. Anyone down here in Florida, preferably South Florida have this kit yet and if so how is it workin for u? Did u have an Osiris tuner tune it for u or did u jus go with the GTM flash? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks
Old 10-07-2011, 11:07 AM
ImPLiCiTv36

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Are you in the sfl g club ^
Old 10-07-2011, 02:42 PM
kosstick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why not stage 2 SC? you have money on buying and install and get more power than stage 1 tt
Old 10-07-2011, 03:08 PM
pricojorge

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
BilletDesign Motorsports

Marco is really good with GTRs and Evos, and couple VQs here and there
talk to him
Old 10-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by kosstick
why not stage 2 SC? you have money on buying and install and get more power than stage 1 tt

Maybe it depends on what his goals are... Stage II I believe has bigger turbos which take longer to spool unless you are really pushing some boost through them and using their size. If he is going to stay conservative with his build/tune then it would seem a better choice to get stage I

... I would also like to mention that this is me talking out of my a$$ with absolutely no experience in this matter so I am ready to be completely wrong and flamed for it but I would like to know the answer as well.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Weiboy718

Crazy, I'll take the stage 1 TT over the stage 2 S/C any day even if it makes more power
Old 10-07-2011, 06:15 PM
kosstick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
Maybe it depends on what his goals are... Stage II I believe has bigger turbos which take longer to spool unless you are really pushing some boost through them and using their size. If he is going to stay conservative with his build/tune then it would seem a better choice to get stage I

... I would also like to mention that this is me talking out of my a$$ with absolutely no experience in this matter so I am ready to be completely wrong and flamed for it but I would like to know the answer as well.
I was referring to the Supercharger stage 2.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Abrook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am in the middle of putting the stage one TT turn key kit on in my garage.
I am betting 8 grand and busted knuckles it's a badass kit. Cost doesn't stop with the kit. Plan on gauges and other misc. expenses. Local shops wanted 3000 to install it so I am doing it myself. Hopefully in a week I will be able to tell you how I like driving with it.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
I was referring to the Supercharger stage 2.
I see that now. My bad... I did not read carefully enough. To maybe guess at that answer is the higher torque of a TT and where the power comes in at? Plus TT gives a bit more options for the "never done with there car crowd". I could see getting going conservative stage I now and leaving the option for a 700 hp build in a few years from now when I am completely bored of the car.

Haha I can't wait to see how wrong i am in my pointless rambling guesses.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Stage 1 isn't bad in the least and makes plenty of power for the 3.5L displacement, but stage 2 has always been a more recommended push in the 3.7L platform. The turbos are smaller on the hot side for the higher compression / displacement compared to the older G35 / 350z which causes boost creep issues.

If I had the choice, I'd go with the Stage 2 turn-key kit.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Elperuano

Actually I am gonna the stage 2, was a typo..
Old 10-09-2011, 08:36 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Elperuano
Actually I am gonna the stage 2, was a typo..
That didn't quite make sense....
Old 10-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Elperuano

Sorry, the title of the thread was a typo on my part, meant to write stage 2 tt turnkey kit. I've spoken to some people and I'm just bout a phone call away to place an order with Sam. Just had a few questions to ask him n I'll be set. Lookin very forward to it. I had a g35 with the powerlab gt35r kit n it was awesome, good strong RELIABLE power. The only con I can think of the GTM kit (which is not really the kits fault) is that there is no complete stand-alone ecu yet that I've seen. I had the Haltech with my last set-up n loved it but the GTM kit comes with the Osiris. My tuner doesn't tune with that. So I'll have to see what route I should go with on that. Being in Florida I wish I could send my car to GTM but that would cut into my budget.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:35 AM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by Elperuano
Sorry, the title of the thread was a typo on my part, meant to write stage 2 tt turnkey kit. I've spoken to some people and I'm just bout a phone call away to place an order with Sam. Just had a few questions to ask him n I'll be set. Lookin very forward to it. I had a g35 with the powerlab gt35r kit n it was awesome, good strong RELIABLE power. The only con I can think of the GTM kit (which is not really the kits fault) is that there is no complete stand-alone ecu yet that I've seen. I had the Haltech with my last set-up n loved it but the GTM kit comes with the Osiris. My tuner doesn't tune with that. So I'll have to see what route I should go with on that. Being in Florida I wish I could send my car to GTM but that would cut into my budget.
check out HP Logic. they're located in Florida and are UPREV tuners
Old 10-10-2011, 02:29 AM
DaKine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTM stage two SC will make the about the same WHP as the TT but no where near the torque, as far as I've seen, it's about 80-100 less torque

Quick Reply: GTM stage 1 tt kit