Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

can uprev software also tune the TCU/throttle on a 7at?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 09:37 PM
SharpByCoop

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
A screenshot of ^^ said data field would be killer....

Coop
Old 09-12-2011, 10:01 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by SharpByCoop
A screenshot of ^^ said data field would be killer....

Coop
^^^

Yes
Old 09-13-2011, 07:21 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
I HAVE the tuner uprev license. When the tuner finished, I bought the cable with the tuner license, not the standard!!
There are no transmission adjustments.

Just because you can do a burnout from a launch doesnt mean you have
higher fluid pressures.
One thing i hate are people who THINK they are professionals, and have idea what they are talking about. You went to a tuner & had them do it, then bought the cable and?
Noticed how 3 or 4 people knew what i was talking about.
btw timing was cracked 3 yrs ago, i know this because my timing had to be adjusted for multi stage nitrous.

Unless your tune cars for living, you dont know about any specifics of the tuning, because you bought the cable, or since you know so much enlighten us.

Tell you what, have you have my progresive nx controller in, when i do ill have my tuner explain to you in more detail, since you claim it cant be done.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:30 AM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
One thing i hate are people who THINK they are professionals, and have idea what they are talking about. You went to a tuner & had them do it, then bought the cable and?
btw timing was cracked 3 yrs ago, i know this because my timing had to be adjusted for multi stage nitrous.

Unless your tune cars for living, you dont know about any specifics of the tuning, because you bought the cable, or since you know so much enlighten us.

Tell you what, have you have my progresive nx controller in, when i do ill have my tuner explain to you in more detail, since you claim it cant be done.
So Uprev was able to increase line pressure on your 5AT but the question was about a 7AT....is it still possible?

I dont have any other mods, but would be interested in the Uprev if it really could help fix the 7AT lag and/or the confused torque converter feeling.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:47 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Yes, I have the cable.
Yes I have the tuner license.
Yes, I have Osiris Tuner.
No I don't see where you can adjust transmission fluid pressures.

Yes, I AM a professional. I WAS an ASE Master Tech.
I know for a fact fluid pressures do not affect launch only shifts.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:31 PM
kosstick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spoke to Speciality Z, it isn't really about increasing line pressure as valve body does that and that isn't possible on 7 At, He said there is a torque management setting that allows you to tell the transmission on how much torque to anticipate or something along those lines
Old 09-13-2011, 05:35 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 06:07 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Originally Posted by kosstick
Spoke to Speciality Z, it isn't really about increasing line pressure as valve body does that and that isn't possible on 7 At, He said there is a torque management setting that allows you to tell the transmission on how much torque to anticipate or something along those lines

Now that makes sense.

The tuner version has Torque management !!

Last edited by TVPostSound; 09-13-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:10 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Sorry, I dont run Nitrous.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:51 PM
SharpByCoop

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
Now learning of the term to search, I found a VERY in-depth thread on this feature and even more on 350Z forum.

Uprev Torque Management

Jared from Uprev comes into the thread about halfway and clarifies. Vince at RT tuning also helps with his experience.

This may help.

Coop
Old 09-14-2011, 09:40 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Damn just read the whole thing. Looks like the TQR managment is still up in the air with it making the downshifts sloppy.. But turning the ECT off would be something I would think about, I really NEVER used Cruise control but to be able to rip of the line would be nice.

Last edited by ANMVQ; 09-15-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:49 AM
venzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Damn just read the whole thing. Looks like the TQR managment is still up in the air with it making the downshifts sloppy.. But turning the ECT off would be something I would think about, I really NEVER used Cruise control but to be able to rip of the line would be nice.
wait so the tq management makes cruise contrl stop working?
Old 02-08-2013, 11:48 AM
seymore4
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by venzz
wait so the tq management makes cruise contrl stop working?
no. turning off the ETC does.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:59 PM
sneakers
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is it possible to have ETC setting map to 1 of 5 mappings? Then you can switch to other mapping to avoid the sluggish downshift, no?

Side question: Read on another forum, some suggested to tell your tuner to add launch control to one of your mapping. I think I know what launch control is but dont know the specific when it comes to uprev. Can someone help explain this.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:47 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Originally Posted by sneakers
Is it possible to have ETC setting map to 1 of 5 mappings? Then you can switch to other mapping to avoid the sluggish downshift, no?

Side question: Read on another forum, some suggested to tell your tuner to add launch control to one of your mapping. I think I know what launch control is but dont know the specific when it comes to uprev. Can someone help explain this.
Have you read the Osiris manual, it is recommended to NOT turn off ETC, as it can be very unpredictable.

It can be done, you need to switch maps at the green light!! No really convenient.

I can switch from Valet mode at 3K limit to tuned mode, But thats the extent of it.

Quick Reply: can uprev software also tune the TCU/throttle on a 7at?