Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

The first GTM stage 2 supercharged sedan

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 09:53 PM
theaudir8fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first GTM stage 2 supercharged sedan

Hey everyone, I have been lazy and with bad internet, but I'm officially posting up the first stage 2 supercharged sedan altho this is not a 37VHR rather a 35HR. It's finally done after a few days of delay, and i thank everyone at GTM especially Sam and Jason for working so hard yesterday and today to get the car complete. So far i have just driven it a little and all i can say is that it's a crap load of power, i'm not use to the car at all, have to be light on the gas so far to not go over board.
For more info on the build i have a thread on g35drivers
GTM Stage 2 Supercharger - G35Driver
Check there since that's my first post even before i drove down from Canada
Old 09-07-2011, 10:15 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
very nice. I need to make more money so I can do the same thing.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:17 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Congrats on being the First. Got any picture/sound clips?
Old 09-07-2011, 10:39 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
see you got all the damage fixed and Sam took care of you. hope the drive home was fun. You'll have to come up to Edmonton and show it too me sometime.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:11 AM
theaudir8fan

Thanks to everyone for the support, i managed to take a small video with my iphone, it's all i can manage with it, hope it will do for now, i will get more once i get more time and a better camera to work with. here is a link
GTM Stage 2 Supercharged G35S - YouTube

Originally Posted by shumby
see you got all the damage fixed and Sam took care of you. hope the drive home was fun. You'll have to come up to Edmonton and show it too me sometime.
Yea, everything is done, which i'm glad about, but it seems like i'm getting a much lower torque number then people on stage 1, which i'm just wondering now, but i won't have time to deal with it since i'm driving out tmr morning. As long as the G meet that's being planned happens, i will make it out, and you can take a look
Old 09-08-2011, 01:19 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
congrats man, very awesome
Old 09-08-2011, 02:03 AM
jerry0503222

very nice. I need to make more money so I can do the same thing.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
can i haz one :P
Old 09-08-2011, 09:25 PM
ijahman

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice....
Old 09-09-2011, 12:01 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Very nice. Congrats!
Old 09-09-2011, 12:09 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Very nice! Quick question: did you have the bottom end built? I'm wrapping my head around the though of going fi, but it seems that most owners end up having to rebuild the motor within a short amount of time. Thoughts? Most likely...I'll go sc versus tt. Thanks! Congrats again!!! Have fun!!!!!! Lol
Old 09-09-2011, 01:05 AM
theaudir8fan

Originally Posted by eksigned
Very nice! Quick question: did you have the bottom end built? I'm wrapping my head around the though of going fi, but it seems that most owners end up having to rebuild the motor within a short amount of time. Thoughts? Most likely...I'll go sc versus tt. Thanks! Congrats again!!! Have fun!!!!!! Lol
No i did not rebuilt anything, some TT that's hunting for high power is the once's that have to rebuilt because they might easily blow or snap something, but if you are not going for a lot of power and torque, it's not a must.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:08 AM
theaudir8fan

Thanks to all for the support, I'm staying over night at Redding CA drove for around 1000kms today, destination is set for seattle tomorrow.
Just to explain, there is a reason why i'm in such a hurry to drive back, i'm on a dead line, so need to be back home soon. it's not like i don't want sam to have more time, i want him to have all the time in the world to make everything perfect, but the timing just doesn't allow for it.
So far the car has performed just fine, but there has been a few hick-ups.
The biggest one is the idle rpm, it seems to prefer to idle high, at around 900rpm, so sam reprogram the car for the idle. But today after the first fuel stop, with 530kms after the SC install, I started the car up and it idle at 1200-1300rpm not stably. this caused the check engine light to come on, so immediately i got scared and shut everything off. let it sat for a few more mins, and restarted the car, it jumped to 1300rpm, but managed to lower itself back to 950 after about 10sec with the check engine light still on. i let the car sit and idle for a bit longer, and nothing really changed. After that i got on the phone with sam and explained the whole thing, and he advised just keep driving since the car doesn't seems to be behaving differently after the restart. So i kept driving for another 500kms until my second fuel stop, and after that refuel, the check engine light went away. Weird
The second issue is that the supercharger oil line that's on top of the SC fluid reservoir seems to be seeping out oil, not a lot tho, but enough to show around the oil cap, but it hasn't dripped on to the side of the fluid bottle. Still haven't had a chance to mention this issue to sam yet, will ask him for a solution.
The third thing is that lights on the dash randomly flicker sometimes right after engine start. but it's a really quick flicker, almost too fast to see. Again no idea what's causing it.
But other then that, the car is driving well, it has been hot all day, with temps outside varying from 34C to 42C, the oil temp was solid between 80C to just below 100C. The car does pull very hard especially when accelerating from 80mph to pass other cars.
Now to the important question most people have been asking, the mileage. I managed 19.65mpg before the first fuel up, that's with being in traffic jam on the freeway coming out of LA heading on to the I5. The second fuel up resulted in 19.12mpg, but that's because i was pushing a little more when i was driving, also i didn't drive for most of the time on the second tank.
Got a long day ahead for tomorrow, will update when possible
Old 09-09-2011, 01:25 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Oh my gaawww...you're from Seattle?!?!??!!!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 01:38 AM
theaudir8fan

Sorry but no, I'm from calgary Canada, but I'm heading to Seattle tomorrow. This has to do with the trip.

Quick Reply: The first GTM stage 2 supercharged sedan