Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

The first GTM stage 2 supercharged sedan

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 04:52 AM
Sam@GTM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by theaudir8fan
Hey guys,

So on friday, i drove up to lightspeed and got the car retuned. Cam is without a doubt a very capable guy and did very well for the short time he got with the car and the limited information he had. The end result is 447.7whp and 315.1wtq @9psi this is done on a dynapack. Because we weren't able to obtain my original tune from Sam intime, Cam had to started everything from scratch.

As for the car, everything runs fine and well. What Cam really improved on is the idle, now the car idle much better then it did before, there are still a bit of fluctuation, but very minimal. Most of the time the car idles at around the 800-900rpm mark which is what i'm looking for. However, the thing that Cam didn't do as well on is that the hot start issue is a lot more prominent then before. So starting at anything higher then 70C engine oil temp, i have to start the car with the gas pedal.

To be perfectly honest, the car doesn't feel faster then it did before, and the driving dynamics is still about the same. I guess this does prove me wrong when i doubted Sam's original tune. But the original tune from Sam certainly could have improved on the idle rpm.

Overalll, I'm happy with lightspeed's service, they are a bunch of great guys that know what they are doing. The plan now is that i need to get Sam to send me his original tune and go back to lightspeed on another day to let Cam do some analyzing and see if there is anymore room for improvements. My final goal is to get the G with the current Cam's idle and Sam's start, and just maybe a little more power.
So you have been running your mouth about us giving you a bad tune for the last 2 months, And still to this day have ignored our recommendation of getting an idle relearn witch happens to be one the most important steps to stabilize the idle with the SC system especially when you have a 3" Maf pipping like the one you have on your stage 2 Sc system . Further more You manged to get a custom tune that made less power and now you have a hot start issue. This is really shows how brilliant you are.

FYI You made 450 RWHP on our dyno and just in case you did not know, We Have a dyno jet . With your new and improved tune you made 447.7 HP on a dynapack, Dynapack dyno is a hub dyno witch usually reads 10 to 13 % higher than a dynojet, basically your are at less then stage one HP level right now . So you went backward and still per your statement the idle is not 100% why..... because you need to get an idle learn as i have told you a million time so far .

Our tune was on the ECU and all you had to do is just save the file instead of starting from scratch, But somehow you manged to relay **** this one up. Big Congrats . Well done .

Sam
Old 03-15-2012, 03:22 PM
mtrsprt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread delivers.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:53 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by SAM@GTM

So you have been running your mouth about us giving you a bad tune for the last 2 months, And still to this day have ignored our recommendation of getting an idle relearn witch happens to be one the most important steps to stabilize the idle with the SC system especially when you have a 3" Maf pipping like the one you have on your stage 2 Sc system . Further more You manged to get a custom tune that made less power and now you have a hot start issue. This is really shows how brilliant you are.

FYI You made 450 RWHP on our dyno and just in case you did not know, We Have a dyno jet . With your new and improved tune you made 447.7 HP on a dynapack, Dynapack dyno is a hub dyno witch usually reads 10 to 13 % higher than a dynojet, basically your are at less then stage one HP level right now . So you went backward and still per your statement the idle is not 100% why..... because you need to get an idle learn as i have told you a million time so far .

Our tune was on the ECU and all you had to do is just save the file instead of starting from scratch, But somehow you manged to relay **** this one up. Big Congrats . Well done .

Sam

I realize that GTM has provided fantastic upgrades for the G37 community but if a client spends north of $10K for your product there has to be a more tactful way to handle these types of situations. There seems to be a lot of frustration from both sides but IMHO bickering on a public forum is not the best method if not for the paying client but also for any prospective buyers.

I know there are a lot of ballers in our community but there are also enthusiasts that can't afford to simply write-off a big upgrade on a $40K vehicle. I hope both sides have already resolved any tuning issue and are satisfied because the thread started with the OP being very proud of his GTM'd machine.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Dulanicki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How did you reprogram you nav screen to display vehicle vitals?
Old 04-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Mkai0

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rks
I realize that GTM has provided fantastic upgrades for the G37 community but if a client spends north of $10K for your product there has to be a more tactful way to handle these types of situations. There seems to be a lot of frustration from both sides but IMHO bickering on a public forum is not the best method if not for the paying client but also for any prospective buyers.

I know there are a lot of ballers in our community but there are also enthusiasts that can't afford to simply write-off a big upgrade on a $40K vehicle. I hope both sides have already resolved any tuning issue and are satisfied because the thread started with the OP being very proud of his GTM'd machine.
RKS, very well said.