Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Fast Intentions VS ARK Performance Exhaust ??!!??

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 06:15 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by ak47
get the ark exhaust stop looking at wakk carbon fiber exhausts that no one can see.
dude you're a frickin' tool man. FI exhausts come in SS and CF canisters, and is one of the best built exhausts on the market. Don't just pop onto a thread and not have any clue as to what you're talking about or take the time to actually read the thread and post something as dumb as your comment...Mr. Wakk Job
Old 07-21-2011, 06:18 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by Soliditude
I don't know why nobody has mentioned this yet! What about the fact that the FI exhaust, no matter which of them you get, is MADE right here in Cali by the same guy you speak with over the phone? But, on the other hand, the ARK is made in Korea! Yeah, brag about that to your friends with, "I have a Korean-made exhaust... Boo-hoo."

That is also the reason why some people are getting issues with their ARK! It's because quality control can't be as thoroughly good when your exhaust is made on the other side of the planet (unless it's JDM HKS). That's why Fast Intentions' people have zero issues.

Plus, with the kind of guy Tony is, you can't go any better. He is an amazing, honest dude who will help you any day regardless of what your questions/concerns may be; and his exhaust quality and craftsmanship live up to his character.

FI = Win.
WORD! VERY well said!
Old 07-21-2011, 06:44 PM
TimG37x
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know why nobody has mentioned this yet! What about the fact that the FI exhaust, no matter which of them you get, is MADE right here in Cali by the same guy you speak with over the phone? But, on the other hand, the ARK is made in Korea! Yeah, brag about that to your friends with, "I have a Korean-made exhaust... Boo-hoo."

That is also the reason why some people are getting issues with their ARK! It's because quality control can't be as thoroughly good when your exhaust is made on the other side of the planet (unless it's JDM HKS). That's why Fast Intentions' people have zero issues.

Plus, with the kind of guy Tony is, you can't go any better. He is an amazing, honest dude who will help you any day regardless of what your questions/concerns may be; and his exhaust quality and craftsmanship live up to his character.

FI = Win.
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
WORD! VERY well said!
So because it's made somewhere else it sucks? Kinda like our cars....? Do our cars suck now because they were made somewhere other than the U.S? Because last I checked, products made in the U.S weren't doing so well...Hence the reason we import.

O.P, You already have the FI, go check out ARK's product then make an informed decision yourself. All you're going to get from this thread is arguements and personal opinions.

EDIT: Actually I just got back from ARK this past weekend and I didn't have to drive to Korea...crazy...Their quality control is excellent and customer service was top notch and their product is excellent (my opinion). I can't speak everybody obviously because everyone has different experiences, good or bad. Just like I love Taco Bell but have gotten a sh*tty taco before and terrible customer service.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...k-x-coupe.html

Last edited by TimG37x; 07-22-2011 at 01:58 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:54 AM
highwind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 with TIMX. HKS is made in Taiwan. Fast Intentions uses mufflers made elsewhere and puts them together at their facility. FI has great products and service but that does not justify other brands are crap.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:41 AM
Soliditude

The bottom line is that even HKS has issues. Some guys up on the G35 threads found bad tubing inside the exhaust itself. My point is the fact that FI is better than ARK, and not that every other company is no good. ARK has some great recalls from many people, however, FI has better ones. HKS is good, too, but I was still able to find problems with it from other people. I witnessed one in person as well, and it looked horrible.

And, Timx, do you realize that we are talking about aftermarket exhaust, not cars? The quality control for cars is controlled and regulated by certain laws and restrictions as well as standards which they have to meet before they can be sold/bought/used. Please analyze your facts before making a false analogy. Businesses specializing in aftermarket parts in regards to exhausts have nothing in common with worldwide car manufacturers on a worldwide scale. Therefore, there is a big difference in buying a car from another country versus buying an aftermarket part for that car from another country.

And yes, FI puts the exhaust together at THEIR facility. Here, right a few hours from where I live. ARK is put together in Korea. I'm saying it's a win for FI in that respect.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Brooklynstar23

^^^^ It's only a win if you want the sound it produces. Also, what are you basing it on that FI is better than Ark? The way it's made? Where it's made, customer support, or the noise? I, for one, dont think it makes a better noise than Ark, so I would have to respectfully disagree with you....Hypothetically, it could be made by one guy in a CDC Level 4 clean room, by a 40 year veteran of welding, and if you still dont like the sound it makes; then none of the aforementioned statements back up the end outcome. In other words, the means dont justify the ends. All of these statements are a matter of opinion; there is no single correct answer. OP asked for our opinions and we gave them to him. Enough said

Last edited by Brooklynstar23; 07-22-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:40 AM
1SiCkG
Banned

Originally Posted by ak47
get the ark exhaust stop looking at wakk carbon fiber exhausts that no one can see.

bro fi exhaust really does sound good cf canisters make it colder thus loud, i neeed to hear ur car 1 more time before i pull the trigger ur the only one i know witht he ark please come through and lemme hear it one more time
Old 07-22-2011, 09:44 AM
1SiCkG
Banned

FI = Win.

i couldnt have said it better myself that he is, i spoke to tony on many occasions and he really is a straight up guy ill give him that
Old 07-22-2011, 10:03 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by TimG37x
So because it's made somewhere else it sucks? Kinda like our cars....? Do our cars suck now because they were made somewhere other than the U.S? Because last I checked, products made in the U.S weren't doing so well...Hence the reason we import.

O.P, You already have the FI, go check out ARK's product then make an informed decision yourself. All you're going to get from this thread is arguements and personal opinions.

EDIT: Actually I just got back from ARK this past weekend and I didn't have to drive to Korea...crazy...Their quality control is excellent and customer service was top notch and their product is excellent (my opinion). I can't speak everybody obviously because everyone has different experiences, good or bad. Just like I love Taco Bell but have gotten a sh*tty taco before and terrible customer service.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...k-x-coupe.html

I was referring to Tony being personable, honest, and backs up his products 100%, not the fact that the ARK is made overseas.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:06 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by Brooklynstar23
, it could be made by one guy in a CDC Level 4 clean room, by a 40 year veteran of welding, and if you still dont like the sound it makes; then none of the aforementioned statements back up the end outcome. In other words, the means dont justify the ends. All of these statements are a matter of opinion; there is no single correct answer. OP asked for our opinions and we gave them to him. Enough said
I will agree about the sounds being opinion...but the fitment, and quality is definitely a fact from experience of installation
Old 07-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Brooklynstar23

^^^ FWIW, I have the Ark and I had zero install problems with it. It took my shop 20 mins to put on, fitament was dead on and both canisters sit totally level with each other. I love it

Last edited by Brooklynstar23; 07-22-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:08 AM
1SiCkG
Banned

Originally Posted by brooklynstar23
^^^^ it's only a win if you want the sound it produces. Also, what are you basing it on that fi is better than ark? The way it's made? Where it's made, customer support, or the noise? I, for one, dont think it makes a better noise than ark, so i would have to respectfully disagree with you....hypothetically, it could be made by one guy in a cdc level 4 clean room, by a 40 year veteran of welding, and if you still dont like the sound it makes; then none of the aforementioned statements back up the end outcome. In other words, the means dont justify the ends. All of these statements are a matter of opinion; there is no single correct answer. Op asked for our opinions and we gave them to him. Enough said

it sucks cause all i want is help deciding i feel like everyone is back n forth herbing on each otha lol.... I think im gonna head both in person and decide
Old 07-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Brooklynstar23

^ I hear ya brother. Thats what I did my 2 friends have the Ark and FI SS...we went to a dead street and had them do some up and downs with reving and WOT and I liked the Ark better so I went for it...
Old 07-22-2011, 11:20 AM
TimG37x
Banned

The bottom line is that even HKS has issues. Some guys up on the G35 threads found bad tubing inside the exhaust itself. My point is the fact that FI is better than ARK, and not that every other company is no good. ARK has some great recalls from many people, however, FI has better ones. HKS is good, too, but I was still able to find problems with it from other people. I witnessed one in person as well, and it looked horrible.

And, Timx, do you realize that we are talking about aftermarket exhaust, not cars? The quality control for cars is controlled and regulated by certain laws and restrictions as well as standards which they have to meet before they can be sold/bought/used. Please analyze your facts before making a false analogy. Businesses specializing in aftermarket parts in regards to exhausts have nothing in common with worldwide car manufacturers on a worldwide scale. Therefore, there is a big difference in buying a car from another country versus buying an aftermarket part for that car from another country.

And yes, FI puts the exhaust together at THEIR facility. Here, right a few hours from where I live. ARK is put together in Korea. I'm saying it's a win for FI in that respect.
Yes I realize we are talking about aftermarket exhausts not cars...it's an EXAMPLE. Here's another one, the XBOX360 when it first came out and the red rings of death...it doesn't happen anymore because it's been solved. ...just like all these fitment issues I see about ARK are from like 2-3 years ago. Sure there are always things that happen (lemon cars). Sh*t happens.
It may be PRODUCED in Korea, but it's not put together there. It's called outsourcing. EVERYTHING in the U.S is outsourced nowadays because its cheaper than manufacturing it here.

I was referring to Tony being personable, honest, and backs up his products 100%, not the fact that the ARK is made overseas.
Alex from ARK is also very personable, honest and he backs up their products...theres a few people that can back that statement...I don't know Tony but I'm sure he's a great guy. This wasn't in question.

I will agree about the sounds being opinion...but the fitment, and quality is definitely a fact from experience of installation
All I see about for fitment issues are from like 2-3 years ago...Everyone I've seen with an ARK exhaust seems to love it, same goes for FI. This is a neverending battle fellas. Increase the Peace.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:20 AM
TimG37x
Banned

Yes I realize we are talking about aftermarket exhausts not cars...it's an EXAMPLE. Here's another one, the XBOX360 when it first came out and the red rings of death...it doesn't happen anymore because it's been solved. ...just like all these fitment issues I see about ARK are from like 2-3 years ago. Sure there are always things that happen (lemon cars). Sh*t happens.
It may be PRODUCED in Korea, but it's not put together there. It's called outsourcing. EVERYTHING in the U.S is outsourced nowadays because its cheaper than manufacturing it here.

Alex from ARK is also very personable, honest and he backs up their products...theres a few people that can back that statement...I don't know Tony but I'm sure he's a great guy. This wasn't in question.

All I see about for fitment issues are from like 2-3 years ago...Everyone I've seen with an ARK exhaust seems to love it, same goes for FI. This is a never-ending battle fellas. Increase the Peace.

Quick Reply: Help Fast Intentions VS ARK Performance Exhaust ??!!??