Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Fast Intentions VS ARK Performance Exhaust ??!!??

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 07:40 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Do you currenly have HFC's or test pipes?? This would make the exhaust MUCH louder. A catback itself won't necessarily be really loud.
he has test pipes & stillen headers.
keeping the fi , id spend the $ on something else.

btw car is mighty loud.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:58 AM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Acftconsultant
Let me put my 2 cents in here. I was one of the people that preordered the Ark exhaust system and had all kinds of fitment issues which they worked through, and I finally got an exhaust sytem that fit my 6mt. The problem is that their customer service sucked for lack of a better word. On the last shipment one of the exhaust tips had a small ding in it from shipment. I am still waiting on my replacement! (been damn near a year now) whne i removed the first system I noticed areas of rust on it. It was on the car less than6 months and I live in San Antonio, Texas no salt no nothing but dry heat. Ture Stainless should not have done this. The second system that is currently installed has the same issue.

Just letting you know!
You're not the first... In fact, there is a member who has already posted in this thread who received a used exhaust from them after purchasing a "new" system. I know that is not the first time that has happened, either...
Old 07-19-2011, 11:51 AM
Brooklynstar23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad I read this thread. I was going to get the Ark but after reading some of these posts I no longer think its worth it. FWIW, a friend of mine just bought the Ark system and the burned tips are totally uneven and one canister sits higher than the other, it looks ugly. I dont really like the sound Fast Intentions makes either. I have a 2011 G37x sedan and that doesnt leave me with much options. I may just have some one fabricate straight pipes for $400 and call it a day.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:01 PM
G37HKS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Brooklynstar23
Glad I read this thread. I was going to get the Ark but after reading some of these posts I no longer think its worth it. FWIW, a friend of mine just bought the Ark system and the burned tips are totally uneven and one canister sits higher than the other, it looks ugly. I dont really like the sound Fast Intentions makes either. I have a 2011 G37x sedan and that doesnt leave me with much options. I may just have some one fabricate straight pipes for $400 and call it a day.
Thats a good step brotha,

Try looking for Invidia, they sound good IMO
Old 07-19-2011, 12:05 PM
JJsBusaRox

Originally Posted by Acftconsultant
Let me put my 2 cents in here. I was one of the people that preordered the Ark exhaust system and had all kinds of fitment issues which they worked through, and I finally got an exhaust sytem that fit my 6mt. The problem is that their customer service sucked for lack of a better word. On the last shipment one of the exhaust tips had a small ding in it from shipment. I am still waiting on my replacement! (been damn near a year now) whne i removed the first system I noticed areas of rust on it. It was on the car less than6 months and I live in San Antonio, Texas no salt no nothing but dry heat. Ture Stainless should not have done this. The second system that is currently installed has the same issue.

Just letting you know!
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
You're not the first... In fact, there is a member who has already posted in this thread who received a used exhaust from them after purchasing a "new" system. I know that is not the first time that has happened, either...
I know that not all Ark systems are bad bcuz they obviously have a lot of satisfied customers. I just find it funny how they chime in on good Ark reviews but haven't chimed in at all to explain these issues. This just solidifies that their customer service is not all that great. Just sayin...
Old 07-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Brooklynstar23

Originally Posted by JimmiesG
Thats a good step brotha,

Try looking for Invidia, they sound good IMO
I checked out Invidia...they dont make anything for us AWD guys =[

On a second note, my friend had the idea to buy the HKS Axel back for $800 and then have some one fabricate straight pipes...i think it'll sound really really good.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:22 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
I've got the FI (with ERZ HFC and Stillen Gen 3) on my 2010 xS sedan. Literally everyone who appreciates cars comments on how great it sounds.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:59 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Brooklynstar23
... I dont really like the sound Fast Intentions makes
HOW? How can you NOT like how Fast Intentions sounds??? Its everything you can poss ask out of an exhaust, low toned, not super loud, zero rasp & drone. Bam...WINNER!
Old 07-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Brooklynstar23

Idk i heard it in person and it just wasnt my cup of tea *shrug* to each his own though
Old 07-21-2011, 03:46 PM
ak47
Banned

get the ark exhaust stop looking at wakk carbon fiber exhausts that no one can see.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
Ark sounds great but had slight fitment issues and if you have hfc and test pipes rasp like a mother.. Fast intentions fits perfect but once again rasps and has a slight drone with hfc or test pipes. If you keep it stock other than the catback the ark in my opinion has a better tone...
Dude, I used to have HFC's with my FI cat-back, and it never rasped a bit. I'm pretty sure the ARK will rasp, though.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by franky2222
so the magnaflow exhaust for the g37 is the same as the FI exhaust????
No, the Magnaflow has nothing to do with the FI exhaust. FI just used the Magnaflow mid-pipe a while ago, but now they have their better X-pipe. It's not connected to Magnaflow in any way anymore.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by 1SiCkG
than maybe u can help!!!!! put it this way i have the cf fast intentions exhaust now! but honestly i dont know y it cost 1600$ its not all that and a bag of chips.. i wanted to sell it and use the $ i get to buy the ark, i love LOUD exhaust is the fi or the ark louder?

as for everyone else as for fitment goes does anyone know of can confirm 100% that the ark exhaust is bad fitment in any way or will be a issue with the v2 autokits x valence??? i am getting a great deal from alex@ark performance and cannot decide if i want to let it go by , i can always keep my fast intentions exhaust for my 2012 lapis blue 6my but figured new car new exhaust would be nice?!?!?!?

great arguments keep em coming

To your question about the loudness, the FI is definitely louder than the ARK. I'm sure multiple people can confirm that. Especially if the FI is modified with HFC's, TP's or whatever, it's a screaming beast.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
HOW? How can you NOT like how Fast Intentions sounds??? Its everything you can poss ask out of an exhaust, low toned, not super loud, zero rasp & drone. Bam...WINNER!

+1! What he said.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Soliditude

I don't know why nobody has mentioned this yet! What about the fact that the FI exhaust, no matter which of them you get, is MADE right here in Cali by the same guy you speak with over the phone? But, on the other hand, the ARK is made in Korea! Yeah, brag about that to your friends with, "I have a Korean-made exhaust... Boo-hoo."

That is also the reason why some people are getting issues with their ARK! It's because quality control can't be as thoroughly good when your exhaust is made on the other side of the planet (unless it's JDM HKS). That's why Fast Intentions' people have zero issues.

Plus, with the kind of guy Tony is, you can't go any better. He is an amazing, honest dude who will help you any day regardless of what your questions/concerns may be; and his exhaust quality and craftsmanship live up to his character.

FI = Win.

Quick Reply: Help Fast Intentions VS ARK Performance Exhaust ??!!??