Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Fast Intentions VS ARK Performance Exhaust ??!!??

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 10:21 AM
droogie
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fast Intentions is not a modified Magnaflow exhaust, it is an original design composed of custom piping and some pre-made components. They used to use magnaflow mufflers in their x-pipe, and I believe you can still get them this way, although most go with a resonated test pipe. The mufflers used are actually Sebring, and are very high quality. I'm 100 percent satisfied with mine, although I have the oval canister so YMMV.

I won't say anything about ARK vs. HKS, only you can decide if there is copying going on, and spend your dollar accordingly. Personally, I don't like the dual canisters, they look oddly phallic to me...
Old 07-12-2011, 12:31 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by droogie
Fast Intentions is not a modified Magnaflow exhaust, it is an original design composed of custom piping and some pre-made components. They used to use magnaflow mufflers in their x-pipe, and I believe you can still get them this way, although most go with a resonated test pipe. The mufflers used are actually Sebring, and are very high quality. I'm 100 percent satisfied with mine, although I have the oval canister so YMMV.

I won't say anything about ARK vs. HKS, only you can decide if there is copying going on, and spend your dollar accordingly. Personally, I don't like the dual canisters, they look oddly phallic to me...

WEEEERD! Fast Intentions FTW!!!! Tony produces every one of the exhausts AFTER its ordered(hense the week out for hfcs...and 3 months for a catback). EVERYTHING is bent and welded right at his shop. He's changed and fine tuned bends, cells in HFC's, muffler sizes ...all the way to the STYLE of Xpipe he was using to produce more power and a lower tone.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:22 PM
1SiCkG
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by arkperformance
i would not say that this is a copy of hks. We made this to stay away from its original design. There are only so many ways to make an exhaust system with the oem underbody. The position of the dual chamber must be put in that position in order to utilize the chamber completely. In addition, there are many reasons why our exhaust sounds different. The thickness of the pipe, the xflow chamber, the perforated core and chambers used in our resonators are all the variables that make our system truly different.

We have done r&d on our end to back this up as well.

if that is the case just out of curiocity what fitment issues are there everyone seems to be complaining that one muffler hands lowwer than the other, also if i wanted a loud tone, do you build the systems in different ways or just 1 way? For example if i wanted a larger piping to make it louder with my test pipes is that possible?? Fitment is a big concern of mind i dont care about the muffler brace or w.e the hell that is as long as it fits good and is secure
Old 07-12-2011, 01:41 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
OP, it's good to see that you are being thorough before you pull the trigger on one of these systems. Objectivity is important. After all, it's your car and your money. Do what best suits you. Choose the system that best meets your expectations and appeals most to your taste. Anyway, it's nice to see someone doing research before blindly taking someone else's word.

Best of luck with your decision.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:55 PM
1SiCkG
Banned

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
OP, it's good to see that you are being thorough before you pull the trigger on one of these systems. Objectivity is important. After all, it's your car and your money. Do what best suits you. Choose the system that best meets your expectations and appeals most to your taste. Anyway, it's nice to see someone doing research before blindly taking someone else's word.

Best of luck with your decision.
Thanks bro but I already own a fast intentions system I'm juss debating about changing it
Old 07-12-2011, 02:12 PM
123u

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I strongly suggest you go with MXP, HKS, or even Amuse. fitment and quality second to none.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:19 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by 1SiCkG
Thanks bro but I already own a fast intentions system I'm juss debating about changing it
Yeah, I noticed that. Either way, I think it's good that you started a discussion. Obviously, you'll get people who have owned the two systems responding, some with agendas/bias and others who may be a bit more objective. (I haven't owned either system, but I have seen [and heard] them both in person.)
Old 07-12-2011, 02:52 PM
1SiCkG
Banned

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
Yeah, I noticed that. Either way, I think it's good that you started a discussion. Obviously, you'll get people who have owned the two systems responding, some with agendas/bias and others who may be a bit more objective. (I haven't owned either system, but I have seen [and heard] them both in person.)
than maybe u can help!!!!! put it this way i have the cf fast intentions exhaust now! but honestly i dont know y it cost 1600$ its not all that and a bag of chips.. i wanted to sell it and use the $ i get to buy the ark, i love LOUD exhaust is the fi or the ark louder?

as for everyone else as for fitment goes does anyone know of can confirm 100% that the ark exhaust is bad fitment in any way or will be a issue with the v2 autokits x valence??? i am getting a great deal from alex@ark performance and cannot decide if i want to let it go by , i can always keep my fast intentions exhaust for my 2012 lapis blue 6my but figured new car new exhaust would be nice?!?!?!?

great arguments keep em coming
Old 07-12-2011, 03:09 PM
G37HKS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 1SiCkG
Fitment is a big concern of mind i dont care about the muffler brace or w.e the hell that is as long as it fits good and is secure
I agree
Old 07-12-2011, 04:42 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Do you currenly have HFC's or test pipes?? This would make the exhaust MUCH louder. A catback itself won't necessarily be really loud.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:38 AM
voltic

Originally Posted by 123u
I strongly suggest you go with MXP, HKS, or even Amuse. fitment and quality second to none.
Really? I think the people that did my MXP were cross-eyed. Also I got rid of my MXP because it sounded like hell with my Berks.

My ARK fits perfectly though. I also don't get what people are saying about ARK not fitting right with HFCs or test pipes.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:36 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
MXP sounds pretty good with HFC haha.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I had MXP with MXP double resonated TPS and it sounded like HELL. The only time it sounded good was during down shifts. Everyone told me it sounded like F1 car then. Other then that you could hear me coming from a few blocks away. Very loud and high pitched. The MXP is not designed for all the flow of TPs. Unless you want a very loud and high pitched sound. I have since switched to all FI. I had Tony make me a set of double resonated TPs and then picked up the CF exhaust with the new X pipe and its sounds soooooo much better. Much deeper. I have a friend with a G35 and he has the HKS exhaust and he drove my car and said mine sounds much better then his inside and out.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Acftconsultant

Let me put my 2 cents in here. I was one of the people that preordered the Ark exhaust system and had all kinds of fitment issues which they worked through, and I finally got an exhaust sytem that fit my 6mt. The problem is that their customer service sucked for lack of a better word. On the last shipment one of the exhaust tips had a small ding in it from shipment. I am still waiting on my replacement! (been damn near a year now) whne i removed the first system I noticed areas of rust on it. It was on the car less than6 months and I live in San Antonio, Texas no salt no nothing but dry heat. Ture Stainless should not have done this. The second system that is currently installed has the same issue.

Just letting you know!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:19 AM
basik

I bought the ark catback about 2 weeks ago and all I hear is compliments. It sounds great and looks great. I'm extremely happy with my Ark purchase. I don't get all this talk about fitment issues.. I went to ark in person and they installed it in less than 20 minutes!

Quick Reply: Help Fast Intentions VS ARK Performance Exhaust ??!!??