Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

FI GTM kits how long does shipping it take?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Mkai0

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I asked GTM when I first bought the kit how long it would take to ship out. I was told about a month. I called back around the one month timeframe, and was then told next week (roughly day 37). Today I am well over the 40 day mark, but I'm okay with it because I spoke to Sam. He told me that he has been swamped lately, and the demand for kits has been growing faster than the supply. IMHO this means they've got some good stuff cooking over at GTM .. Just got my HKS spark plugs, oil cooler kit, and some other supporting mods in the mail from GTM the other day, just waiting for the SC now.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Sam@GTM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
First of all, I would like to thank all of our customers that have ordered one of our forced induction systems.

I would like to point out that there's a couple factors that cause delays. The most important one is that these kits are very complex systems that they have multiple parts and do require a lot more time put together. Keep in mind that we are past the part making process and everything is on the shelf. It's really usually a matter of selecting the right parts for each specific kit. In a nutshell, we had created our own misery and we are trying to offer the best, complete system with guaranteed results that fits every Nissan and Infiniti on the market. Our initial intention was to at some point to have these systems ready to go on the shelf. That way, when someone places an order, the kit ships out that day. But since Nissan had chosen 8 different power steering system configurations on these cars (different coolers, different brackets, different rack and pinion, different pumps and lines), and on top of that, we offer multiple stages in power with Turn-key and Tuner kit options. Obviously this is a recipe for logistical hardship. I want to also remind everyone that in addition to the supercharger system we offer, we have a Twin Turbo Kit with 6 different stages and 9 different A/R turbine housings.

We're not trying to make an excuse here, there's nothing more that we would love than to ship these kits as fast as these orders come in. As you see this has become a serious and time consuming task. You throw a demand on the product (which we have and we're thankful for) and delays will happen.

Over the last 90 days, we have implemented an improved quality control system (which we are reaping great benefits from right now), but also had caused the process to slow down a bit. Now we are working on improving efficiency so we can get kits out faster with fewer mistakes.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Sam@GTM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
I paid for my stage 1 kit in January, still nothing lol
Only difference on my kit is the power steering pump bracket is slightly different :/
Let me shed a little light on your situation since you didn't give the whole story.

-You bought this kit from a customer that had ordered the kit and ran into some personal issues and had to cancel.

-Prior to you taking over this order, the kit was ready to ship.

-The problem is that this kit wouldn't have worked on your car.

-Your car is in the middle east with a power steering pump, rack and pinion combination we have never made a bracket for.

-So we got a car with your configuration and designed the bracket which is the number 8 bracket to accommodate you.

-So far, you are the only customer that needs this particular bracket.

-At the end of the day, we could have just sent you the kit from the other customer and not have tried to do right by you...and get flack for it.

Sam
Old 07-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm not mad over the delay or anything, I understand things take time and I'm not expecting it to finish the same day, just wanted to be updated with progress...
Old 07-15-2011, 06:16 PM
OMG35S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never knew it took that long to get the kits in...

It makes sense but GTM needs to hire a few more people or something... Some organization with new databases, spreadsheets, etc..

I'm sure it's worth the wait and hopefully they'll improve their speed while they get use to the demand...
Old 07-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Mkai0

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^^werd^^