Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

doing burnouts possible in an auto tranny awd g?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 06:02 PM
VQCrew
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Behind the glove box sits the awd module, you can reach in there without even taking out the glove box and pull out the connector and it disables awd. I do this whenever I want to have some fun with my X and I've driven thousand of miles with it disabled with no issues. Turning off vdc without disabling awd module doesn't do anything. You can't do a stand still burnout without either taking out rear brake pads or pulling fuse for brake lights but you can do decent donuts and drifts no problem. If anyone wants pics of how the module looks like lmk its super easy.

Last edited by VQCrew; 03-19-2016 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:15 PM
OnebadcarbonG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VQCrew
Behind the glove box sits the awd module, you can reach in there without even taking out the glove box and pull out the connector and it disables awd. I do this whenever I want to have some fun with my X and I've driven thousand of miles with it disabled with no issues. Turning off vdc without disabling awd module doesn't do anything. You can't do a stand still burnout without either taking out rear brake pads or pulling fuse for brake lights but you can do decent donuts and drifts no problem. If anyone wants pics of how the module looks like lmk its super easy.
Which of the three plugs is it? I pulled the first one and my car shut down and then wouldn't start after I plugged it back in but now it started and the engine light is on haha
Old 03-19-2016, 08:41 PM
VQCrew
Registered Member

Originally Posted by OnebadcarbonG
Which of the three plugs is it? I pulled the first one and my car shut down and then wouldn't start after I plugged it back in but now it started and the engine light is on haha
3 plugs? There should just be one connector going into the awd module, you really can't miss it. Here is a pic of how it looks from underneath unplugged.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:13 PM
OnebadcarbonG

3 plugs? There should just be one connector going into the awd module, you really can't miss it. Here is a pic of how it looks from underneath unplugged.
Ohhh I see hahaha oops. Yeah I just saw these three giant plugs under the glove box and figured one of them was for the awd haha thanks dude!
Old 03-19-2016, 09:20 PM
OnebadcarbonG

I figured out I pulled a plug from the ECU while it was running 😥🔫 hopefully I didn't mess anything up since the engine light is on, drove fine so i think it's ok just wish the dumb light would turn off
Old 03-19-2016, 10:08 PM
VQCrew
Registered Member

I figured out I pulled a plug from the ECU while it was running 😥🔫 hopefully I didn't mess anything up since the engine light is on, drove fine so i think it's ok just wish the dumb light would turn off
I've never unplugged an ecu before but I hope everything will be OK!
Old 03-20-2016, 12:00 AM
OnebadcarbonG

I've never unplugged an ecu before but I hope everything will be OK!
Holy **** this amazing! Hahah I hope nothing bad happens but I never new my car had so much power, it's a totally different car! Thanks dude 👏🏻
Old 03-20-2016, 07:50 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Holy **** this amazing! Hahah I hope nothing bad happens but I never new my car had so much power, it's a totally different car! Thanks dude 👏🏻

It really is crazy isn't it? With a tune, some bolt-ons and the AWD off, it can be a handful!!!!

Sean
Old 03-20-2016, 11:43 AM
PGg35s

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
doing burnouts possible in an auto tranny awd g?

Can anyone vouch that this works and will not destroy my car.. Lol I want to try this later.. Just don't want to mess anything up.
Old 03-20-2016, 12:01 PM
VQCrew
Registered Member

Haha no problem! Have fun with your "new" car! 😁
Old 03-20-2016, 03:42 PM
OnebadcarbonG

Originally Posted by PGg35s
Can anyone vouch that this works and will not destroy my car.. Lol I want to try this later.. Just don't want to mess anything up.
Ohh it works! It turns off the VDC and AWD so those lights come on and then you just floor it at your leasure. (Just don't crash) 😂 But it's way fun now
Old 03-20-2016, 04:09 PM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts
Haha no problem! Have fun with your "new" car! 😁
Wow! This is interesting! I'll need to take a look into doing this.
Old 03-20-2016, 05:10 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Originally Posted by VIVID
Finally, if you want it wild, turn off the AWD and the VDC. All kinds of silliness ensues.
With AWD disengaged, you have no limited slip management in the rear, right? And without the VLSD rear diff, you're momentarily turning your car into a non-Sport Journey.
Old 03-20-2016, 05:38 PM
Chances

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I basically took my glove box off, and didnt see anything remotely like that... 2010 G37xS
am i missing something, or? Any help is appreciated. I want to have a little fun with older tires.
Old 03-20-2016, 06:21 PM
OnebadcarbonG

Originally Posted by Chances
I basically took my glove box off, and didnt see anything remotely like that... 2010 G37xS
am i missing something, or? Any help is appreciated. I want to have a little fun with older tires.
what is your email I can send you a video walk in to the vehicle under the glove box to where it is

Quick Reply: doing burnouts possible in an auto tranny awd g?