Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Planning to go GTM forced induction: Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 10:24 PM
TexasGMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn, intakes are illegal? goldfish are soon to be illegal? happy meals are illegal? How do ya'll put up with that crap?
Old 06-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasGMan
Damn, intakes are illegal? goldfish are soon to be illegal? happy meals are illegal? How do ya'll put up with that crap?
i don't, that's why i have stock lights, stock tails, stock exhaust everything visually is good enough not to get any attention
Old 06-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Bong1012

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fezzik
My wife told me to go ahead and get it. when I got the G. I called the same day she said yes so she couldnt change her mind.

Car is doing great. I've driven through ice storms and tons of snow with the supercharger in the 6mt G. Key was the snow tires and the traction control. It does a wonderful job in the snow.

Issues. I had a cold start issue that no one else really seems to have. Sam has been working with me trying to solve it, but as soon as it hit above freezing the car didnt have the issue anymore. He said we will work on it next winter if it appears again. I had some oil leaks, but one was from me not putting teflon on the oil fitting and they were loose. The other is that one of the fittings o rings may not have seated properly when i tighten it down. Sam sent a new set without question.

Overall. I love it. I did a autocross (first time ever) and the 2nd time i was getting times near what the regular autocross people were getting and let me tell you it wasnt from me getting those corners correctly, its from having the power.

One of the reasons I went with the supercharger is I plan on having my car long term, and want the engine to last longer and not have to have as much maintence on it. Wanted a more linear torque curve. Plus the price. Wife said you can have supercharger but I want you to get a convertible. I couldnt argue. The price of the vert is more than the coupe so I was out of money by the time all was said and done. That's why more stuff isnt happening to the car now.
Awesome to know! I hope they get that cold start issue fixed eventually. Because where I am, sounds like the winters are pretty much the same as yours.

So glad that you autocrossed and pushed your G running into no issues. Makes me want the SC kit even more. I would want my car to last track days especially if I'm spending so much money on it.

I also plan to have my G for long term and reliable too but just with more power.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:50 PM
voltic

Originally Posted by DjFromVA
damn i hope the military doesnt station me in cali, **** that! lol
That's an easy one. I have Nevada plates but I'm stationed in CA.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:28 AM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fezzik
^^You hear the blower, I dont think it is a whine. When I really get on it, it may sound like a jet engine but that's with the top down. i dont hear it with the top up and the windows up
Originally Posted by Weiboy718
This kit sounds like a jet plane also sounds like a turbo during shifts
So Supercharger whines? or not? i thought they sound stock and quiet? And does it have that blow-off sound when you change gears like TT or does it whine? How loud does it actually sound? Those ones i listened to in youtube aren't really clear.

I guess you didn't knew intakes are illegal in California too LOL
Intakes are illegal??? dang... how do you hide your intercooler then?? lol

Originally Posted by TexasGMan
LOL at happy meals..
Old 06-25-2011, 02:08 AM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by tWistedMissiOn
So Supercharger whines? or not? i thought they sound stock and quiet? And does it have that blow-off sound when you change gears like TT or does it whine? How loud does it actually sound? Those ones i listened to in youtube aren't really clear.

Intakes are illegal??? dang... how do you hide your intercooler then?? lol

LOL at happy meals..
this kit doesn't have that whine and yes, every gear shift you'll hear a swoosh sound just like the turbo blow off valves also you'll hear the bypass valve sounding like a jet plane when you're in gear coasting. why? it's because the bypass valve is opened up to recirculate the air back into the blower. this happens whenever the throttle plate closed and you'll hear the sweet sound from the valve every time you shift.

i don't hide my intercooler, so far so good just as long as i'm not doing something dumb. i don't think i'll ever get caught plus i'm back on stock exhaust.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:46 AM
voltic

Listen to Fezzik's videos, his BPV is loud as f@ck.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:23 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
this kit doesn't have that whine and yes, every gear shift you'll hear a swoosh sound just like the turbo blow off valves also you'll hear the bypass valve sounding like a jet plane when you're in gear coasting. why? it's because the bypass valve is opened up to recirculate the air back into the blower. this happens whenever the throttle plate closed and you'll hear the sweet sound from the valve every time you shift.

i don't hide my intercooler, so far so good just as long as i'm not doing something dumb. i don't think i'll ever get caught plus i'm back on stock exhaust.

Wow! nice! you're really making me save up for the GTM Sc stage 2 now.. but i guess i'll wait up and wait for more review on the stage 2
Old 06-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Weiboy718

Wow! nice! you're really making me save up for the GTM Sc stage 2 now.. but i guess i'll wait up and wait for more review on the stage 2
eh, don't need to wait for reviews. i bet you it'll be just as good as the stage 1.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
Here are those videos I took.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...ger-video.html
Old 09-09-2011, 04:54 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
bump for this thread. thanks for all the information fellas. i was originally planning on getting gtm's stg1 sc, but it seems like the stg2's where it's at. the only concern = wrapping my car, along with myself, around a tree . stg1..stg2...hm...

kit + new flywheel/clutch combo + heavy duty csc + retune + oil coolers + install. wow
Old 09-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm on the stock flywheel and clutch and stock slave cyln. Working great so far 10k miles on the supercharger.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:55 PM
OMG37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Videos and press release for my car is coming very soon, you won't have to wait long. My car is finally done, I have pictures but won't post until after Sam does the official announcement.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Coprolite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by OMG37
Videos and press release for my car is coming very soon, you won't have to wait long. My car is finally done, I have pictures but won't post until after Sam does the official announcement.
I'd love to check out your car.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:29 PM
OMG37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Coprolite
I'd love to check out your car.
It is entered in the REMIX show at XDC coming up in 2 weeks and WEKFEST in October. I also plan to go to the Dallas Cars and Coffee meets the first Saturday of each month like I used to do. I plan on going out to some of the 370Z Thursday night meets too, but not all of them since they tend to only be in the North Dallas area.

Hopefully I'll be able to generate more interest in the Fort Worth area to have persuade more meets to be towards the West.