Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Planning to go GTM forced induction: Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 11:06 PM
dal1307

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Weiboy718
TT hands down buddy!

i couldn't afford it
Originally Posted by shumby
^^^ you could but your wife ownes your *****.
Wei, you bought 2 SC kits, surely that equals one TT in price

Shumby, that can't be right, just look at that new paint job and wheels Eric is sportin LOL!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:11 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by shumby
^^^ you could but your wife ownes your *****.
it's the other way around dum dum!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:16 PM
dal1307

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
it's the other way around dum dum!
You own your wife's *****???

Oh, and remember, if you guys ever meet my wife I got an exhaust and an intake, which technically, is not a lie.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by dal1307
You own your wife's *****???

Oh, and remember, if you guys ever meet my wife I got an exhaust and an intake, which technically, is not a lie.
wifey doesn't know anything about my mods. haha! i might get killed if she finds out how much i've actually spent on my stupid car.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:50 AM
DjFromVA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wifey doesn't know anything about my mods. haha! i might get killed if she finds out how much i've actually spent on my stupid car.
my girl would do the same thing, ill just tell her i won all the parts in a raffle or something .........................hahah jp
Old 06-23-2011, 04:16 AM
voltic

TT hands down buddy!

i couldn't afford it
Well, that's the plan so far. I think I know exactly what I'm looking for, but I still have a few months to make up my mind either way.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
My wife told me to go ahead and get it. when I got the G. I called the same day she said yes so she couldnt change her mind.

Originally Posted by Bong1012
This is awesome to know! I saw your build too. Great work. How is everything working out? Any issues? Even if you have driven it hard?

Car is doing great. I've driven through ice storms and tons of snow with the supercharger in the 6mt G. Key was the snow tires and the traction control. It does a wonderful job in the snow.

Issues. I had a cold start issue that no one else really seems to have. Sam has been working with me trying to solve it, but as soon as it hit above freezing the car didnt have the issue anymore. He said we will work on it next winter if it appears again. I had some oil leaks, but one was from me not putting teflon on the oil fitting and they were loose. The other is that one of the fittings o rings may not have seated properly when i tighten it down. Sam sent a new set without question.

Overall. I love it. I did a autocross (first time ever) and the 2nd time i was getting times near what the regular autocross people were getting and let me tell you it wasnt from me getting those corners correctly, its from having the power.

One of the reasons I went with the supercharger is I plan on having my car long term, and want the engine to last longer and not have to have as much maintence on it. Wanted a more linear torque curve. Plus the price. Wife said you can have supercharger but I want you to get a convertible. I couldnt argue. The price of the vert is more than the coupe so I was out of money by the time all was said and done. That's why more stuff isnt happening to the car now.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
For members with FI in California etc., is there a good "workaround" for smog checks?
Old 06-23-2011, 11:31 AM
thejumpoff

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been happy with my TT setup so far. Although I will say that I will need a new clutch pretty soon as the stock one, even though it hasn't been slipping, will need to be replaced with something that can handle the boost better.

Originally Posted by Boomer-Bob
For members with FI in California etc., is there a good "workaround" for smog checks?
I've been actively searching for my "workaround" for quite some time now...
Old 06-23-2011, 11:42 AM
voltic

^ What TT setup and supporting mods did you go with?
Old 06-23-2011, 12:00 PM
thejumpoff

I basically picked up the GTM Stage 2 Turn Key kit with an oil cooler. I wasn't looking for anything extensive at the time.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:42 PM
DjFromVA

Originally Posted by Fezzik
My wife told me to go ahead and get it. when I got the G. I called the same day she said yes so she couldnt change her mind.

Car is doing great. I've driven through ice storms and tons of snow with the supercharger in the 6mt G. Key was the snow tires and the traction control. It does a wonderful job in the snow.

Issues. I had a cold start issue that no one else really seems to have. Sam has been working with me trying to solve it, but as soon as it hit above freezing the car didnt have the issue anymore. He said we will work on it next winter if it appears again. I had some oil leaks, but one was from me not putting teflon on the oil fitting and they were loose. The other is that one of the fittings o rings may not have seated properly when i tighten it down. Sam sent a new set without question.

Overall. I love it. I did a autocross (first time ever) and the 2nd time i was getting times near what the regular autocross people were getting and let me tell you it wasnt from me getting those corners correctly, its from having the power.

One of the reasons I went with the supercharger is I plan on having my car long term, and want the engine to last longer and not have to have as much maintence on it. Wanted a more linear torque curve. Plus the price. Wife said you can have supercharger but I want you to get a convertible. I couldnt argue. The price of the vert is more than the coupe so I was out of money by the time all was said and done. That's why more stuff isnt happening to the car now.
i like the support you got from GTM, makes me feel better about buying a product from them lol
Old 06-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
Can you not get a custom tune with uprev. The ecu can store 5 maps i think. Get a map that is for smog (have it be really lean maybe up to 5000 rpm) for the smog test on the dynameter. Think that would work. I dont live in cali so i dont know much about it. Here in chicago, all they do is hook up the obdII port and if no codes then your good to go.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Weiboy718

Yo, jumpoff! I call it BS without proof that you have twin turbo. Show us some pictures
Old 06-23-2011, 01:04 PM
thejumpoff

^^ Wei you bastard...lol

Quick Reply: Help Planning to go GTM forced induction: Questions