Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Berk Technology is looking for your car

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 07:44 PM
jorwick

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Great choice with the tips, can't wait to see and hear the whole set up installed and going on your ride. Definitely anyone else that is interested jump on that preorder with John so Berk knows that there are enough people serious about this and just waiting for them to roll the production model out.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:49 PM
J2S2M

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Should be here very shortly. I should be picking it up tomorrow evening. *evil grin*
Old 06-08-2011, 10:54 AM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I want to hear the sedan one before I even think about this. There will be a difference between the coupe and sedan
Old 06-10-2011, 03:53 AM
J2S2M

UPDATE: Sorry guys but I did not end up picking up the car today. So no videos/pics yet. There still need to be some minor last minute adjustments and road tests to ensure a perfect product. I stopped by the shop today and I can already tell you that all you sedan guys are going to LOVE this exhaust. I saw the first unit off the jig today in person and the thing is a true beauty. The weldings and the overall finish on the unit is top notch! IMO it looks very similar to the FI system with slightly larger tips. I haven't had the chance to hear it in person yet, but should sound very similar to the coupe/370z exhaust. I will be dropping by after work to see if the car can be picked up. I will keep ya'll posted.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:14 PM
jorwick

Jason now that you have enjoyed your new exhaust all weekend put something up for the rest of us to drool over!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:32 PM
J2S2M

lol Sorry Josh but I have nothing for you guys right now. I had a really busy/hectic weekend and absolutely could not find anytime (I know it sounds like an excuse lol). But I promise you guys that I will put something together in the next couple of days.

I can just give you guys a quick feedback of the exhaust from my initial impression over the past few days.

=================================

Over the 3+ years of owning my sedan, I've gone through 3 aftermarket catback systems so far. First the ARK, then the FI, and now the BERK. I cannot really give you guys an accurate review of the sound b/c I know that the tone of the exhaust will definitely change over time as I clock some more miles on the exhaust. IMO it ill end up being much more refined once it fully breaks in. So I am doing this review for you guys to just use as a reference guide before your purchases. My initial thought was that it sounded pretty loud. But it's defintely not a ricey, annoing loud, but a deep aggressive loud. I honestly expected the exhaust to deliver a higher note than what I experienced because it seemed to deliver a higher note in the video clips of the 370z andd the G37 coupe versions. I knew that video will never be able to fully replicate the exact sound of an exhaust but I was a lil disappointed that it did not deliver the raw, higher note that I was expecting with this exhaust. Still, it is still one of the best sounding exhaust out there for the sedans IMO.

At cold start up it sounds very aggressive similar to the ARK exhaust. Once the car warms up, it is very quiet at idle similar to the FI exhaust. I would rate the loudness to be just as loud as the ARK system. But I have to admit that I honestly enjoy the tone of the BERK much better than the previous ARK system delivered. The only thing that bothers me is that there is some droning around 1,500 - 2,300 RPM in higher gears. So there is some slight droning at local speeds in the lower RPM's but this seems to be normal for most aftermarket exhausts out there for our cars. I expect the droning to subside almost completely once the exhaust break in. The mufflers look very similar to the FI canisters but slightly larger in overall size. I really like the fact that the tips are angle cut oval style which is something different. The only oval style tip aftermarket exhaust I can think of is the Impul axle back but it costs a fortune. I really like how the exhaust looks overall. It's a bit more flashy than the FI but more subtle than the ARK if that make sense. The welding is much superior to the ARK system and very comparable to FI with its superb craftmanship and finish. The fitment will be adjusted later this week b/c the tips need to be raised a lil bit. Right now they hang a lil too low for my liking but that should be addressed once I go back to BERK this week.

I hope this quick review will help you guys out when making your decision to purchase this exhaust. I will follow it up with detailed pics and video clips sometime this week.

Last edited by J2S2M; 06-13-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:19 PM
jorwick

Thanks for the review Jason! Enjoy it
Old 06-13-2011, 07:05 PM
J2S2M

No problem man. Did you decide on an exhaust yet?
Old 06-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Lucky_One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J2S2M
lol Sorry Josh but I have nothing for you guys right now. I had a really busy/hectic weekend and absolutely could not find anytime (I know it sounds like an excuse lol). But I promise you guys that I will put something together in the next couple of days.

I can just give you guys a quick feedback of the exhaust from my initial impression over the past few days.

=================================

Over the 3+ years of owning my sedan, I've gone through 3 aftermarket catback systems so far. First the ARK, then the FI, and now the BERK. I cannot really give you guys an accurate review of the sound b/c I know that the tone of the exhaust will definitely change over time as I clock some more miles on the exhaust. IMO it ill end up being much more refined once it fully breaks in. So I am doing this review for you guys to just use as a reference guide before your purchases. My initial thought was that it sounded pretty loud. But it's defintely not a ricey, annoing loud, but a deep aggressive loud. I honestly expected the exhaust to deliver a higher note than what I experienced because it sounded to deliver a higher note in the video clips of the 370z andd the G37 coupe versions. I knew that video will never be able to fully replicate the exact sound of an exhaust but I was a lil disappointed that it did not deliver the raw, higher note that I was expecting with this exhaust. Still, it is still one of the best sounding exhaust out there for the sedans IMO.

At cold start up it sounds very aggressive similar to the ARK exhaust. Once the car warms up, it is very quiet at idle similar to the FI exhaust. I would rate the loudness to be just as loud as the ARK system. But I have to admit that I honestly enjoy the tone of the BERK much better than the previous ARK system delivered. The only thing that bothers me is that there is some droning around 1,500 - 2,300 RPM in higher gears. So there is some slight droning at local speeds in the lower RPM's but this seems to be normal for most aftermarket exhausts out there for our cars. I expect the droning to subside almost completely once the exhaust break in. The mufflers look very similar to the FI canisters but slightly larger in overall size. I really like the fact that the tips are angle cut oval style which is something different. The only oval style tip aftermarket exhaust I can think of is the Impul axle back but it costs a fortune. I really like how the exhaust looks overall. It's a bit more flashy than the FI but more subtle than the BERK if that make sense. The welding is much superior to the ARK and very comparable to FI with its superb craftmanship and finish. The fitment will be adjusted later this week b/c the tips need to be raised a lil bit. Right now they hang a lil too low for my liking but that should be addressed once I go back to BERK this week.

I hope this quick review will help you guys out when making your decision to purchase this exhaust. I will follow it up with detailed pics and video clips sometime this week.
wow awesome write up!

now sell me your FI exhaust...please.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:28 PM
jorwick

Originally Posted by J2S2M
No problem man. Did you decide on an exhaust yet?

I'm pretty sure I am going to go with this if John is still going to do the preorder that was setup before especially. I am terrified of the drone thing but if its not too bad now and obviously will lessen as it breaks in I think I'm willing to take the chance because of the Berk quality. When youre down there again can you ask Bryan is they have any timetable on production?

Thanks
Old 06-13-2011, 07:59 PM
J2S2M

I asked him about the release date for the production version. He told me that he does no plan to mass produce them. The first batch should be ready to ship in about 2 weeks roughly. If you want specific dates, I recommend you contact him directly or you can hit up John @ JEBperformance. Just from speaking with Bryan, I got the feeling that most units will be produced in small quantities depending on the demand. These guys aren't the biggest guys in the industry but they are family owned and exceeded my expectations as far as customer service. Bryan is a really nice guy and he will make sure you are fully satisfied with any purchase you make through BERK. He does all the fabrications in house himself, so you know that he is knowledgeable about his products first hand.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:00 PM
J2S2M

Originally Posted by Lucky_One
wow awesome write up!

now sell me your FI exhaust...please.
I am not 100% decided on which exhaust I will end up keeping. So I guess you gotta keep your fingers crossed bro.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Lucky_One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ haha alright. good luck with the berk. hope it turns out what you have been looking for.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:56 PM
mariosg37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is the email address for Berk?
Old 06-14-2011, 04:07 AM
J2S2M

You can contact bryan@berktechnology.com

Quick Reply: Help Berk Technology is looking for your car